brunks
    brunks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Comment by Steve Brunker - BET365

I welcome the recent Decision of the Queensland Racing Stewards dismissing the charge against me and others which allege involvement in some conspiracy to nobble greyhounds in the 27 July 2012 race in Ipswich, Queensland. Nevertheless it does not make up for the personal hurt caused to me by the unfair and vindictive swipes against my character made by the NT Racing Commission in its unnecessarily personal Reasons for Decision. That Decision dismissed my Complaint against Bet365 for not honouring my wager in that same race. The manner, drawn out procedure, decision and reasons produced by the NT Racing Commission are extremely disheartening contrasted by the appropriate judicial hearing and Decision concerning this matter held by the Racing Queensland Stewards Inquiry.

The two hearings could not have been more different. The Queensland hearing concerning this race took over 6 days of hearing and heard from all relevant witnesses (12). Those witnesses gave in person evidence and were tested and cross examined upon their evidence. The Northern Territory “hearing” merely relied upon correspondence and Bet365’s own Internal 100 plus page Report written by its own Sydney lawyers, Addisons. Remarkably it took the NT Racing Commission all of 11 months to determine the matter. It was into that type of “evidence” that I, without any legal representation, presented my Complaint and was then cross examined by Bet365’s Sydney legal team and local Barrister. Significantly, I, along with the other 11 witnesses gave evidence in the Queensland hearing and received no adverse comments from the Inquiry in its finding which dismissed the charge.

I have since received legal advice that I have several good grounds upon which to appeal this Decision of the NT Racing Commission but reluctantly choose not to go there. The stress associated with again taking on a mogul like Bet365 and the large associated costs prevents me, albeit reluctantly, from pursuing my case. I have to agree with Senator Xenophon when commenting upon my case that “Bet365, avoid them 24/7”. Sadly I have to say the same applies to our own NT Racing Commission. >
    Last edited by brunks; 07-03-13 at 05:24 AM.

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Wow I love bet 365

How much did he wager on the underdog that won?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Wasnt it around 5 grand
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-05-13 at 04:41 PM.