View New Posts
12
  • Thread Tools
  1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Why Does BetDaq Stay In Business??



    Nice platform
    Although they cannot even dent betfair
    Volume piss poor other than some uk racing which is decent at best

    Now they got some spinoff book called 1bet???

    Give it up man..you are not growing at all

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  2. #2
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 17,557
    Betpoints: 359


  3. #3
    Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-21-10
    Posts: 8,698

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post


    Nice platform
    Although they cannot even dent betfair
    Volume piss poor other than some uk racing which is decent at best

    Now they got some spinoff book called 1bet???

    Give it up man..you are not growing at all
    jealous, angry or what?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/18/2014


  4. #4
    meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-09
    Posts: 438
    Betpoints: 5614

    if not for smarkets and betdaq there would not be any competition for betfair and you are saying give it up? betdaq problem is that there play only sharps they need somehow attract mug punters but still it is possible to find some value there.

  5. #5
    wtf
    LOL female mods
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 12,998
    Betpoints: 54

    they are funded by one of the richest man in ireland

    know for a fact they are losing money every year

  6. #6
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 7,107
    Betpoints: 1855

    Quote Originally Posted by meckis View Post
    if not for smarkets and betdaq there would not be any competition for betfair and you are saying give it up? betdaq problem is that there play only sharps they need somehow attract mug punters but still it is possible to find some value there.
    Don't overlook Matchbook.

  7. #7
    brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-10
    Posts: 3,378

    Didn't you do this subject at most 6 months ago?

  8. #8
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Matchbook is 10x better than Betdaq

    There is zero comparison

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  9. #9
    brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-04-10
    Posts: 3,378

    No way, betdaq before matchbook for me! But I don't use either!

  10. #10
    faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-28-08
    Posts: 189
    Betpoints: 4453

    its where the UK bookies balance there books

  11. #11
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    UK bookies do not balance their books there

    Why??

    Pools too low meaning pools would be higher

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  12. #12
    wtf
    LOL female mods
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 12,998
    Betpoints: 54

    i am convinced the BETDAQ SLIME arbitrage the real trades onto betfair

    that is how they stay in business

  13. #13
    lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-10
    Posts: 940
    Betpoints: 3870

    For major markets, i.e. premier league football and other major leagues, odds @ betdaq definitely beat betfair for regular low-mid volume user.

  14. #14
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 7,107
    Betpoints: 1855

    Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    For major markets, i.e. premier league football and other major leagues, odds @ betdaq definitely beat betfair for regular low-mid volume user.
    As Betfair's EPL markets are generally as close to 100% as they can get I find it hard to figure how Betdaq can be beating them regularly other than on commission?

  15. #15
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    For major markets, i.e. premier league football and other major leagues, odds @ betdaq definitely beat betfair for regular low-mid volume user.

    Maybe but its a small volume shop and orders just cannot fill fast

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  16. #16
    karolisdgs
    karolisdgs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-17-11
    Posts: 7
    Betpoints: 1436

    I dont know if they have any marketing team but if they have then they are doing terrible job. For example on cheltenham betfair had great promotions and betdaq did not offer anything. Also they could try something like no commision on weekend premier league games or smth like that, would be interesting to see how much volume it would attract and it would be great marketing. But it seems that bedaq does not give sh!t about anything.

  17. #17
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Betdaq seems to not to care

    A non player actually in the exchange market

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  18. #18
    Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-23-08
    Posts: 1,656
    Betpoints: 568

    Betdaq are a good out for big markets, small markets are unexisting.
    Matchbook and Smarkets they dont put out the total matched bets which seems very shady.

  19. #19
    kiwi
    kiwi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 674
    Betpoints: 3752

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    Betdaq are a good out for big markets, small markets are unexisting.
    Matchbook and Smarkets they dont put out the total matched bets which seems very shady.
    In my opinion the problem with Matchbook is that nearly never a (soccer) bet gets matched if you request higher odd than the offered ones (only if there is a strong odds movement in the market). They do have good odds but they are often very similar to Pinnacle's odds so that there is no real advantage of using them. The reason is probably that they seed the markets but apart from that there are not many bettors using them. I can only speak for soccer.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005


  20. #20
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Betdaq probably has more customers than matchbook

    Well no probably have 10x more

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  21. #21
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    They do have good odds but they are often very similar to Pinnacle's odds so that there is no real advantage of using them.
    Actually there is a real advantage if you like trading but to be fair you can do that at betfair...

  22. #22
    lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-10
    Posts: 940
    Betpoints: 3870

    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    As Betfair's EPL markets are generally as close to 100% as they can get I find it hard to figure how Betdaq can be beating them regularly other than on commission?
    commission counts for something. if someone pays around 4% or more on betfair (this is true for most people) and pays only 2.5% on Betdaq, they come off better in long term.

    major markets only though. if you use wider pallet of bets, you must use betfair.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    What does betdaq average on a premier league game?

    Match odds?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  24. #24
    kiwi
    kiwi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 674
    Betpoints: 3752

    Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    Actually there is a real advantage if you like trading but to be fair you can do that at betfair...
    Trading at Matchbook? Did you ever do that successfully there?

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005


  25. #25
    MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-16-09
    Posts: 5,097
    Betpoints: 36

    never heard of it

  26. #26
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Matchbook is not a trading site more of an exchange
    Betfair is a trading site and exchange
    Betdaq is a trading site and exchange

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  27. #27
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 7,107
    Betpoints: 1855

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook is not a trading site more of an exchange
    and never will be unless they cease charging commission on every bet rather than net result like Betfair

  28. #28
    Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-23-08
    Posts: 1,656
    Betpoints: 568

    Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    and never will be unless they cease charging commission on every bet rather than net result like Betfair
    I had big hopes with the new matchbook, but they will be just another.

  29. #29
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 170,734
    Betpoints: 3416

    Matchbook is not geared for a Euro player if you compare it with other Euro sites

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  30. #30
    Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-06
    Posts: 7,107
    Betpoints: 1855

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Matchbook is not geared for a Euro player if you compare it with other Euro sites
    Certainly there's a learning curve involved, particularly on the lay side.

    If they are smart they'd introduce an option to display the odds in the format Euro players are familiar with.

  31. #31
    Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-07
    Posts: 1,141
    Betpoints: 1758

    Betdaq will give 3.0% commission if one requests it, rather than their normal 5%.

    Commission is only paid on winning bets, and first the net profit in that market is calculated, then one pays 3% of net profit.

    More people should try Betdaq.

  32. #32
    paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-11
    Posts: 6,349
    Betpoints: 6594

    business model is a joke

  33. #33
    wtf
    LOL female mods
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 12,998
    Betpoints: 54

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Betdaq will give 3.0% commission if one requests it, rather than their normal 5%.

    Commission is only paid on winning bets, and first the net profit in that market is calculated, then one pays 3% of net profit.

    More people should try Betdaq.
    they are SLIME

    and will slow pay and rip you off

  34. #34
    allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-11
    Posts: 4,560

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Trading at Matchbook? Did you ever do that successfully there?
    I was talking about trading at betdaq...

  35. #35
    lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-10
    Posts: 940
    Betpoints: 3870

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What does betdaq average on a premier league game?

    Match odds?
    hm, todays match manu vs villa is now only 50k+ matched on betdaq. poor. it will go much higher than this in next 2.5 hours.

    you have one tick difference on each 1x2 Lay/Back, with at least 1000 eur to win available. unbeatable odds for average bettor.

12 Last
Top