Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

jets mets will never fullfill my dreams

BroncosFN
    BroncosFN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    What are you talking about??? You have no idea what your talking about. We were up 10-0 at the half and controlling that game
    Like I said no chance. Look I'll put in a way Jets fans can comprehend.

NO C-H-A-N-C-E

Please don't argue a game that was lost over a decade ago. No one remembers the Jets that year only the SB champion. Just like no one will remembersthe Broncos made it as a wild card team thia year.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have a very low football IQ then or just maybe you dont understand the game that well, not surprising being your from denver. But dont say things that are factually incorrect. You said the Jets had no chance in that game, that the broncos were already dominating at that point. Thats just not true. We were winning 10-0 at the half and pounding the shit out of you on the ground. Controlling the tempo and being more physical. Fumbles is what cost us that game if you remember

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i pseudo root for the pirates. i basically have given up all hope. i rooted for about 4 months this year, thats gota b an all time record.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Getting emotionally invested in sports is ridiculous to me because you have ZERO control over the outcome.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i pseudo root for the pirates. i basically have given up all hope. i rooted for about 4 months this year, thats gota b an all time record.
    I am an unabashed pirates fan..... I had stopped buying tickets after they wasted money in the early 2000's on Kendall, pat meares, Kevin young ect. I've bought one ticket since then. I see. Small window in the next 2-3 years where they might comPete. I have been following the minors much more closely than the majors the past 7 years

BroncosFN
    BroncosFN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

[QUOTE=SASH;13050913]you have a very low football IQ then or just maybe you dont understand the game that well, not surprising being your from denver. But dont say things that are factually incorrect. You said the Jets had no chance in that game, that the broncos were already dominating at that point. Thats just not true. We were winning 10-0 at the half and pounding the shit out of you on the ground. Controlling the tempo and being more physical. Fumbles is what cost us that game if you remember[QUOTE]

I meant dominant as in all season.

Okay buddy you win Jets had 10% chance of winning the 1999 AFC championship game.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Better to tell family friends and co wokers I'm a steeler fan... then telling em I'm a gambler who does give a **** who wins as long as the first score is a fg... lol

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Biggest buffalo bills fan you will find....my grandpa had tickets from when they were created till the day he passed. The team meant everything to him...he was the number 1 season ticket holder. Naturally I followed him...went to my first game at the age of 4. Jim Kelly was talked about like Jesus around me.

I was born in 1990, I have seen the music city miracle and the bull shit no goal for the sabres. I've had season tickets while attending cuse.....nice 3 hour drive after a night of partying...getting up at 5 am to get there early. I'm the biggest fan I'll find and I have never seen results. I just want to see them make the playoffs but it never happened last decade. Try going to school being ripped on for the bills as a kid year in and year out......

Does it suck yes.....but. Some day, hopefully I will see my team win it all....if the Lombardi trophy came home to buffalo...I could die happy. As crazy as it sounds that's all I want in my life....just glory for the bills 1 time....just once.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse4tw View Post
    Biggest buffalo bills fan you will find....my grandpa had tickets from when they were created till the day he passed.

So you think gramps would have cheered for that butterfingered assclown Stevie Johnson like he did HOF'ers Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Bruce Smith? As such, you are obligated to keep the faith?

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Absolutely ass clown.

He was rooting for them 30 years prior. U really are clueless

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Ern,

I don't think it is about obligation or duty

but rather, It gets so ingrained in your blood that you can't HELP but continue to be a fan if you are a sports fan. I'd love to not be a till death Pittsburgh fan in all things, but it was all I knew for 25 years. after that even living in other cities and saturating yourself with other teams' doesn't help.

for many people it just becomes part of who you are.

for Many Pittsburgh people, we hate the Nuttings (the tight-wad cheap owners) but we love the Pirates....

and we feel fortunate to at least have a franchise that actually has class and TRIES to put a winning product out there with amazing owners in the Steelers' Rooneys....

going back to first team example you used...

the Browns. Which coincidently I was just at the Browns/Steelers game on Sunday, and I too was taken aback by their devotion to watch their team play a meaningful game against a team they've beat like 1 time in the last 15 tries, in crappy weather.

but then I also realize, they know what its like to have a team lose games.....

but they also know what its like to just flat out lose the team.... fok you Modell and your Ravens!

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am a hawks,mets,broncos and georgia bulldawg fan.. its been some tough years

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    Getting emotionally invested in sports is ridiculous to me because you have ZERO control over the outcome.
    Im guessing you live in montana where theres NO sports teams.

Being a bettor is onething but when you have a team thats in your heart that is totally different.

The drive..the fumble..the SHOT... i guess i gave away who im a fan of.

If you havent lived it then STFU.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFN View Post
    As a lifelong Broncos fan I suffered through 3 horrible SB losses, everyone in middle school and high school telling me Elway is a joke, to losing in the AFC title game in 1991 to Bills, to losing to the Jaguars in the divisional game the year Broncos were 13-3.

The next year Broncos made it as a wild card and beat the Jags, Chiefs, and Steelers to go to the SB as huge underdogs to defending SB champs Favre's Packers. Those playoff games were pure magic. I remember jumping around with my dad and hugging him when they won each game. Great memories.

Watching Elway do the helicopter in the 3rd q of SB 32 and pulling that upset to
    break a 13 year NFC dominance in the SB has to be the greatest day of my sports watching "life"

If you can't understand that then I can't help you and you should stop watching sports. I only hope Browns fans can experience this one day...
    Yes, indeed my friend

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

stanford gets a stop and fumble inside their own 5...this is a terrible joke

81_84
    81_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing worse than fair weather fans. If I was on a boat that was sinking I'd soon give a life jacket to a fuking jets fan before you. Plus your logic makes no sense at all. I'm a sports fan , so I must be ignorant about all other aspects in life? Sorry but I can handle multiple thoughts , ideas etc at once.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeT View Post
    Im guessing you live in montana where theres NO sports teams. Being a bettor is onething but when you have a team thats in your heart that is totally different. The drive..the fumble..the SHOT... i guess i gave away who im a fan of. If you havent lived it then STFU.
    You are in a fantasy world.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

I know guys that jump around from team to team , then others stay with the home team or the fathers team. I dislike guys that jump from team to team and especially yankee fans that go with them because of the ring

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Bengals fan here... only 25 yrs old. I just couldn't ever switch allegiances. I don't remember the two super bowls against the 49ers, but I would love to see one! I think if you root for a sorry franchise, much more amazing when they actually do something right.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Being a CLEVELAND BROWNS fan is in your blood the day you are born.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Most of the time people are going to support the hometown team. As long you don't have money on the game it's still fun going to a football game and tailgating with friends if your team loses. It's a social thing and for entertainment.

scott
    scott's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was a Houston Oiler fan until they moved. Now I'm a Texan fan they finally made the playoffs but I know its because of a weak division does that make me a fair weather fan?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm walking away from the jets for a while. sanchez makes me furious.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I'm a REAL fan...whether they suck for 20 years in a row or win it all I ride with my team...aint nothin worse than bandwagon fans...make me f*king sick

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    I'm a REAL fan...whether they suck for 20 years in a row or win it all I ride with my team...aint nothin worse than bandwagon fans...make me f*king sick
    Because giving this crazy asshole (RIP) thousands of dollars every year is what makes you morally superior.

I guess someone has to pay Jamarcus all that money. All that money from REAL fans like yourself, and he already spent it on rims and burgers.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Because giving this crazy asshole (RIP) thousands of dollars every year is what makes you morally superior.

I guess someone has to pay Jamarcus all that money. All that money from REAL fans like yourself, and he already spent it on rims and burgers.

join date 2011...nuff said

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    join date 2011...nuff said

I suppose you got me there.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

People usually cheer because the team represent their city.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

go talk to a diehard cubs fan about all this/last world series 1908 /last time even in playoffs 1945 /nice trivia question cubs win series in 1908 /who won series in 1907 ans. cubs /gl

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

This is a ridiculously stupid thread. I'm a Browns fan, have been since '78 and always will be. Got my love and passion from my father and growing up in Cleveland for 20 years.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's all about beating the teams you hate. last year i just wanted the heat to lose, this year i just want patriots to kick out broncos. switch around a lot, mostly i just like to gamble. lifetime fan i will never understand. especially for bad teams. it's like loving that ugly girl just because.

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    This is a ridiculously stupid thread. I'm a Browns fan, have been since '78 and always will be. Got my love and passion from my father and growing up in Cleveland for 20 years.
    Does it matter or even occur to you that your unwavering willingness to buy a bad product is the primary reason the browns have been and will probably always be terrible?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Can't understand broke assholes that shell out for new replica jerseys every couple years, especially for terrible teams.

Browns fans blow my mind. I can understand rooting for the home team, but why dress up in fukking costume for "The Dawg Pound"? At least the goofy-azz Raiders fans have a proud history, and dressing up like a pirate is somehow nowhere near as lame as dressing up like a puppy to show your support for the worst franchise in sports history.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Once the system is changed and players are paid for performance each year I might actually give a shit about teams

First 123 Last