brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I'm Giving Up on Gambling

it's just too goddamn frustrating

Cowboys do a great job of containing the greatest player in the World (Mike Vick) last week but they can't slow down the almighty fukking Rex Grossman

Patriots have been blowing out everybody in sight, yet they struggle against a packers team ravaged with injuries starting a second fukking stringer

shit is too frustrating, I feel like I do great analysis yet continuously get fukked over by teams underperforming to their abilities

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

cut the square plays man...and while you're at it, stop making so many god damn threads. Get off the board and do something productive bro....

capped both these games almost exactly as they turned out. both were no plays however

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

Thats what happens when you lay a shit load of points

CougarSports
    CougarSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

Cowboys do a great job of containing the greatest player in the World (Mike Vick) last week but they can't slow down the almighty fukking Rex Grossman

Patriots have been blowing out everybody in sight, yet they struggle against a packers team ravaged with injuries starting a second fukking stringer

shit is too frustrating, I feel like I do great analysis yet continuously get fukked over by teams underperforming to their abilities
    No you won't. You will gamble again & again.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    cut the square plays man
    the cowboys have been 5-0 ATS under Jason Garett. You really mean to tell me that you handicapped Rex Grossman, a guy who has failed miserably every single opportunity he has ever gotten in the NFL, scoring 30 points and 330 yards by himself??

as far as the Green Bay game goes, I don't know what the hell happened to the Patriots defense. They just decided not to show up in this game. The Packers offensive line has consistently been awful this year and they dominated this game with 150 rush yards. How the hell does that happen?

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

sometimes the obvious picks arent always the best

in pro sports, anything can happen. these guys in the league can compete at anytime and sometimes there more motivated to win depending on different circumstances.

in football the swings could be huge and have to be prepared for it at anytime

raiders510

the cowboys have been 5-0 ATS under Jason Garett. You really mean to tell me that you handicapped Rex Grossman, a guy who has failed miserably every single opportunity he has ever gotten in the NFL, scoring 30 points and 330 yards by himself??

as far as the Green Bay game goes, I don't know what the hell happened to the Patriots defense. They just decided not to show up in this game. The Packers offensive line has consistently been awful this year and they dominated this game with 150 rush yards. How the hell does that happen?

you gotta play the situations man. Thats how i cap...**** a statistic, honestly....

something had to give today, and tonight, in both those games

i do however see a square play tomorrow night. Chicago in an absolute rout of the vikings

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    sometimes the obvious picks arent always the best in pro sports, anything can happen. these guys in the league can compete at anytime and sometimes there more motivated to win depending on different circumstances. in football the swings could be huge and have to be prepared for it at anytime

I feel like you're better off just taking the totals a lot of times in the NFL than anything else

Patriots, Jaguars, Cowboys and Saints games all went over

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    you gotta play the situations man. Thats how i cap...**** a statistic, honestly....

situation 1. A Redskins team, that is in complete shambles both on defense and offense, starting a second stringer who has been awful everywhere he has ever been at playing a very motivated, confident and talented Cowboys team that is 4-2 with their new coach

you mean to tell me that looks like a close game to you?

ridims

id stop gambling completely if you are doing it solely on tring to win back your losses. that is not a wise thing to do and many people keep losing on doing so because they are chasing.

capping is an art and there are few who are really really good at it. nfl is definately a tough league to predict each week.

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

You should have known this would happen. 14 points against the number 1 defense in the NFL? Seriously!? And the Cowboys were a good bet as underdogs when they were being underrated after their bad start. No way that team should ever be a 9 point favorite against anyone.

raiders510

yea, i called a close game and actually a redskins win outright

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by cobracommander View Post
    You should have known this would happen. 14 points against the number 1 defense in the NFL? Seriously!?
    the bears, steelers and jets are all defenses about the same level, if not even better, than Green Bay. The patriots beat those 3 teams by a combined score of 120-36 (average margin of 27 points)

2 of those 3 games were on the road and none of them were starting a mediocre second stringer with a bad offensive line and zero running game

And the Cowboys were a good bet as underdogs when they were being underrated after their bad start.
    the cowboys beat the lions by 17 points. The lions are about a country mile better than the Redskins

I mean, for the love of fukking god, REX GROSSMAN had a much better game against the cowboys than Mike Vick last week. What the fukk??

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Bounceback this week man. It was a rough weekend for everyone. Just grind it back up.

ridims

I feel like you're better off just taking the totals a lot of times in the NFL than anything else

Patriots, Jaguars, Cowboys and Saints games all went over
    playing team totals can pay off well and im sure there were many people making money on it today but like i said, points can come very easy or hard on a couple int's or fumbles in the nfl. those huge swings could effect the total score big time. I wouldnt stress out not making those plays today but learn from it. Try to make the more wise decisions before wagering your money. In the NFL I prefer to only play 1 or 2 games a week that I like and the rest of the games I dont even bother with.

brahmabull117

playing team totals can pay off well and im sure there were many people making money on it today but like i said, points can come very easy or hard on a couple int's or fumbles in the nfl. those huge swings could effect the total score big time. I wouldnt stress out not making those plays today but learn from it. Try to make the more wise decisions before wagering your money. In the NFL I prefer to only play 1 or 2 games a week that I like and the rest of the games I dont even bother with.
    the Overs are money this year in the NFL

between the Cowboys, Jets and Patriots, you got 3 teams who are like a combined 31-8 on the O/U this season

we are playing in a very offensive minded era

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the saying goes "its a marathon not a sprint"

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Take a break the rest of this season Brahma, you will feel differently come August 2011.

ridims

You can look over stats all you want and how they played against other teams in the past but the bottom line is that anything could and will happen in the nfl. Some pro cappers have stats that they use in a designed system for the past 30+ years and they often hit but this is years of experience. A good capper is usually correct 60-65% of the time. That means they lose as well and arent always perfect week in and out.

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

the cowboys beat the lions by 17 points. The lions are about a country mile better than the Redskins

I mean, for the love of fukking god, REX GROSSMAN had a much better game against the cowboys than Mike Vick last week. What the fukk??
    First of all, Vick is overrated. Doesn't anyone remember how sorry he was in Atlanta? He's not the be all and end all of the Eagles offense. Secondly, the Cowboys don't beat the Lions by 17 points 8 times out of ten. Teams don't perform at their best and catch all the breaks every game. The reverse is also true. Bottom line is you can never judge a team by its best or worst performance.

Buy the Bears down to -7 and make your money back tomorrow. If Webb is as bad as Jackson it could get ugly.

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

well as long as you havent lost more
    then you have won, I would say continue. If your trying to digg
    yourself out a hole, then maybe you should.

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

You've got to get an idea where the money is, and the rig factor. Otherwise, you have no chance of making money. FACT.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's a T-shirt for ya.

monkeyking
    monkeyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

don't overreact to 1 guy being out. He may be the most important guy, but he's still just 1 guy. On that note, take the Vikes +8 and you should be on the other side of the fix

Maxlock
    Maxlock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once you start gambling, good luck you'll have a very difficult time giving it up. Its a disease, you may quit for a week, a few months, but once its in your nature thats just where it'll stay. I've heard too many people say they're quitting only to be betting again the next week.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Good luck

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

WSH had no business covering that game, but the NE game was the trap the books have been waiting for. They have been getting killed with NE all year...

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

The bookies will still take you to the grave before you even know it.
    Once your a gambler,your always a gambler.
    Gambling is worst than Nicotine.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

good idea, either invest or entertainment bet

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

You can look over stats all you want and how they played against other teams in the past but the bottom line is that anything could and will happen in the nfl. Some pro cappers have stats that they use in a designed system for the past 30+ years and they often hit but this is years of experience. A good capper is usually correct 60-65% of the time. That means they lose as well and arent always perfect week in and out.
    A good capper 60-65% of the time? Damn you can own vegas at 65% of the time. If you can cap games at 60-65% please post your plays so I can have a share in all the hotels vegas has.

Respondng to the thread: Gambling is a grind. I do it day in and day out. You might have went 0-2 today or worse but you will rebound soon. It's always like that.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

you bet against 2 teams that were starting there back up qb... Just learn from your mistakes.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I had some BRUTAL beats yesterday too my man.........Giants topping the chart.

Just take abreak, and clear the head man.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Thats what happens when you lay a shit load of points

JVP3122
    JVP3122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I say just give it up. Get out now while you still can. I stopped after a brutal night on Monday night, and every single night since that night I've felt much better than I had for the year and a half I was gambling before that. It's too much stress involved. Go find a hobby that isn't as expensive. Hell, with all of the money you've probably lost gambling you could have taken a trip to Europe if you're from the US. I know I could have, twice.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

the only bets I am good at are totals and props. I suck ATS and ML

12 Last