RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Turkey Day Teaser....Mixing Forum Thoughts

MY 3 GAME - 6PT. TEASER

DET +12.5
    NYJ -3
    NYJ/CIN U49.5

I'M RISKING $100 to win $160 (Once I hear some quick thoughts from now until morning)
    (Also my normal units are about 20 bucks so this is not a standard 1 unit play for me. I'm workin on buildin a roll here tho and everyone here has been quite helpful. Just feel like goin bigger tomorrow because I had a +250 swing the last two days from some NBA picks gone good!)

Thoughts: (Based on these things I've read around SBR past couple days)

1. DET +12.5

-From what I've seen in the past couple days a few ppl like NE teased down to .5 etc. meaning they are sure NE wins, but not confident in the cover
    -DET 4-0 ATS already at home this season
    -Brady didnt practice all week (dont think it matters....hes BRADY, just sayin tho)
    -Lots of interest out there on DET+7 so +12.5 can't be too bad
    -Lots of talk about the -6.5 NE line being "trappy"
    -DET could easily pull a backdoor cover on +6.5 let alone +12.5
    -DET Home stats to go with this are great. IE: only lost by 3 to both PHI and NYJ ("superior teams" like NE) and won convincingly against STL(44-6) and WAS (37-25)
    (Not even gonna mention the public % on both NE Spread and ML as I don't go off that stuff too often)

2. NYJ -3

-Seems to be lots of interest on NYJ -9 already as BIG plays already for ATS cappers so -3 must be decent imo.
    -Barely any interest in CIN at all, even on teasers of +16 ppl are still saying take NYJ -2 etc.
    -NYJ battling with NE for division leader spot and they have to go INTO NE next week so they know they need this game to stay on pace or pull ahead, either or.
    -Need to prove these last two weeks of OT/Last min. TDs by Holmes aren't flukes
    -The above point coupled with the fact that they allowed HOUS to score 27 pts last week which was the most all season after previously allowing no more than 20 pts in all except one game in which MIA got 23. I think Rex Ryan would be all over his D this week to make sure they get a solid win here
    -Also to go with the above last 2 points, CIN seems to be giving up on their coach ala MIN last week before Childress was fired, also seems to fit the theme of how everyone was chasing Dallas before saying how they were "due" and we all know they STILL kept losing....

3. NYJ/CIN U49.5

-I know Jets only put 9 pts up against BALT and 0 against GB at home, but besides those 2 games they havent put up less than 23 pts themselves (range is 23-38 for rest) all season and at home the other 3 games they put up 28, 29 and 30 against NE, MIN and HOUS.
    -To go with that CIN as mentioned above could be up for a big letdown game here after blowing last weeks lead the one of the NFLs worst teams the Bills.
    -I see this game hitting somewhere right around the posted Total of 43.5
    -Carson Palmer may or may not play (who cares anyways, like it matters lol) CIN just doesnt put up points against anyone really (one good week against ATL, but against other solid D units like the Ravens they only put up 15 even in their W)
    -I see NYJ putting up their usual 25-30pts and CIN maybeeeeee 21 but probably a 24-14 type game.
    -Supposed to rain apparently (weather can cause more or less pts imo, could go either way so I cancel this one out, just sayin tho)

That's it for my thoughts, the only one that I've been going back and forth on is the 3rd play as I think O or U on the teaser could work. Just like my reasons above MORE than to pick the O37.5.....

Let me know what you think. I'll be locking in my teaser when I wake up
    Thanks all!
    Last edited by RAVENSFAN; 11-25-10 at 04:42 AM.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Makes sense...can't disagree! Hope it hits for you. Feels like jets may be my strongest play right now

PUDS
    Daily Grind
    PUDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

looks good

BOL

Happy Thank's Giving to all !

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I know you mentioned it but, maybe Teasing the Patriots game the other way would be the better move. What if Patriots destroy the Lions like they are capable of? Jets -3 and the Under 49.5 look good.

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJunkie View Post
    I know you mentioned it but, maybe Teasing the Patriots game the other way would be the better move. What if Patriots destroy the Lions like they are capable of? Jets -3 and the Under 49.5 look good.
    Yeah I just have a sick feeling that DET might end up winning this game somehow....and that 1/2 pt on NE looks way too good to be true....I'm thinkin last minute now about making it a 6 1/2 pt teaser and keeping #2 and #3 but changing #1 from DET +12.5 to the OVER44 in that game, both D are pretty bad and I can see more than 44 pts going on the board, 100 to win 140 now guys. That's my final play:

NE/DET O44
    NYJ -2.5
    NYJ/CIN U50
    100 to win 140

GL ME

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Nice write up RAVENS. Good to see someone take the time and do a thought-out well reasoned post. That being said, I think I'm kind of going opposite on the plays.

Pats -.5 (I know that DET is solid @ home, particularly ATS...but we are still talking about the Patriots...and national t.v. Plus, they aren't far enough removed from their let down @ CLE to forget it yet...they'll be ready to play today, and will get the W at least)
    Saints +2 (I'd be willing to make the Cowboys show me they are for real before I bet w/ them in this one. They are still a VERY overrated team, I don't care if Lombardi comes back and gets on the sidelines for Dallas tonight)
    CIN/NY O36.5 (The value here is through the roof. All the extra smack talk means CIN will be motivated to at least not get blown out. The Bills nearly hung a 40-spot on Cincy...so the Jets should be good for 20-30 themselves. Even the Steelers/Bengals covered this #...I'd rather bet on the O in this one (teasing it obviously) and root for the points and a good game on a Thanksgiving Thursday night).

BOL Ravens!! Great post!

dukeblue888
    dukeblue888's Avatar Become A Pro!

pats and the over

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Good luck bro

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

goobbgle gooble gobble your money you fool just joking happy t day and good lick needed points thanks

RAVENSFAN

Glad I changed my Final Play to the Over instead of DET. These sorry fools can't finish games lol. Need the Jets and a low scoring game now!!! GL everyone

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Good thing you changed it man! Jets will win by more than 3. I got them in a teaser to. Jets -2.5, NE -0.5, and Saints +2.5. Good luck to your under.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue888 View Post
    pats and the over
    Good call.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

..if you were lucky enough to switch out of the Lions pick, props, I would have teased that Jets game the other way though...I like the bengals to stay within 16 points of a squad thats needed late game heroics three weeks consecutively.

I'm expecting some 9-7 bullshit or a santonio vs Owens scoring fest, thus, Ill stay away from that total

RAVENSFAN

Yeah I didnt even bet the ticket until this morning before the games thats why I posted it beforehand as my FINAL play
    Im confident in the Jets, especially now that they see the Pats win too, Im just thinkin they are gonna pull away and then pull the starters maybe....then Ill be praying for the under. Hopefully the rain causes LOW pts tonight, and not a million fumbles that convert to TDs. GL all!

RAVENSFAN

Also just added this:
    Selection : 1NFL Football for Game

New Orleans Saints 25-November-2010 1:15 PM PST

Handicap +1.5 for Game
    Selection : 2NFL Football for Game

New Orleans Saints/Dallas Cowboys 25-November-2010 1:15 PM PST

Total Points OVER 42 for Game
    Selection : 3NFL Football for Game

Cincinnati Bengals/New York Jets 25-November-2010 5:20 PM PST

Total Points OVER 37 for Game

Risking 50.00 to Win 80.00 CAD
    REALLLLY think that Bengals game is gonna meet almost dead on with the opening 43 TOTAL line
    GL ME

klf
    klf's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck !with your plays !!

RAVENSFAN

Well I had it almost analyzed perfect and glad I made the last minute switch to the over in the NE/DET game to avoid the Detroit Lions to cover 12.5 because they CANNOT win games lol. 1st teaser which was the bigger one cashed nicely, second one I posted came within 2 puts of another decent win for me. GL to everyone for Sunday.
    So far I've come up with this:
    Selection : 1NFL Football for Game

Pittsburgh Steelers 28-November-2010 10:00 AM PST

Handicap pk for Game
    Selection : 2NFL Football for Game

New York Giants 28-November-2010 10:00 AM PST

Handicap -1 for Game
    Selection : 3NFL Football for Game

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 28-November-2010 10:00 AM PST

Handicap +15 for Game
    100 to pay 140 again

Maybe I will post my analysis closer to Sunday. I didnt lock it in yet but it's the best 3 games I like so far to throw in a 6pt TEASER. Lemme know your thoughts.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12623

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJunkie View Post
    Don't know where you found Jets-3, I was in for Jets-9. Was worried the first half of the game.

steelers7889
    steelers7889's Avatar Become A Pro!

3-0 in my bets today

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    Don't know where you found Jets-3, I was in for Jets-9. Was worried the first half of the game.
    TEASERS bro

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by steelers7889 View Post
    3-0 in my bets today
    Did you have a thread? Congrats bro Nice work

maxcraft
    maxcraft's Avatar Become A Pro!

never trust the lions bro..

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by maxcraft View Post
    never trust the lions bro..
    SO GLAD I didnt afterall. When I saw them bomb the lead in the 2nd half I was VERY THANKful I changed that game to the OVER instead
    BUNGLES game cost me a bit cuz I missed a push by 1pt and the whole thing by 2 pts, but my bigger play hit and I also hit a seperate OVER straight bet in the Saints game that I didnt post here cuz this was just for teasers. So a SOLID day for my size roll Building slowly!!!