WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Is Carson Palmer out in Cincinnati?

Cincy quarterback Carson Palmer has put his house up for sale in Cincinnati. Anyone think he's looking for a nicer home? I doubt it. Getting away from Chad Johnson or whatever his name is this week would be a blessing for any quarterback.

Anyone out there know what's going on with Palmer?

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

No fight I have heard, but wouldn't surprise me.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Doesn't mean he'll get his wish, just a tactic on his part, I bet he wants in Arizona.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyM1ke View Post
    Doesn't mean he'll get his wish, just a tactic on his part, I bet he wants in Arizona.
    Palmer is leaving for sure, heard a reunion in Seattle with Carroll if Hasselbeck is done.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If Bengals can get a 1st and a conditional 2nd pick for him you gotta make this deal. Palmer hasn't been right since getting his knee blown out. Sign a stopgap and find a kid in the draft either this year or next to develop. I like the Dalton kid from TCU and Kapernick from Nevada to be good players if given the time to learn the NFL.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Colin Kapernick? They need a QB not a running back!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I hope Carson gets out of there, he's done enough time in the NFL penitentiary.

Seriously, though, I'd be curious what he'd do surrounded by a legitimate team like in Arizona. Lots of teams could use him.

Joszan7
    Joszan7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I think he's done with the Bengals.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Colin Kapernick? They need a QB not a running back!
    Kid has a very strong arm. With good coaching, he'll develop into a solid NFL qb.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Bengals could use a new QB.
    He had plenty of weapons this year and still couldn't do anything.
    But anyone think they will draft a qb?
    Palmer is definitely not done if he leaves the Bengals. He will find a job somewhere

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

If palmer stays or they get kolb be sure to take the over for season total wins. The odds to win AFC north should be great also. Thankfully bratkowski is finally gone.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

The problem with Palmer is there is no demand for an over the hill mediocre quarterback in the league right now. Kolb being on the block and a decent class, plus Orton in Denver makes the need for Palmer nearly non-existant outside of Cincy.

slacker00

I'm sure a lot of teams would take Palmer: Minnesota, Miami, Washington, Carolina, San Francisco, Arizona, etc.

Thing is, Cincy isn't going to just release him or swing a bargain trade. I'm not sure Palmer is worth more than two first rounders.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Yeah I am not saying that teams wouldn't want Palmer, but teams aren't goign to pay the asking price for the guy. He will be in Cincy next year.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    Yeah I am not saying that teams wouldn't want Palmer, but teams aren't goign to pay the asking price for the guy. He will be in Cincy next year.
    What is the asking price for him as of now? i saw someone mention 2 first rounders. Carson Palmer is the most over rated QB in the NFL. No one will give up 2 first round picks for him. if carson leaves u think they will cut his brother the same day? LOL

Raleigh77
    Raleigh77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carson wants badly to be traded to the 49ers and play for Harbaugh, he knows Harbaugh is the best in the business and his wife is from the bay area and he is a california guy who does not like the cold.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Cincy quarterback Carson Palmer has put his house up for sale in Cincinnati. Anyone think he's looking for a nicer home? I doubt it. Getting away from Chad Johnson or whatever his name is this week would be a blessing for any quarterback.

Anyone out there know what's going on with Palmer?

even if he does get released,where would he go.hasnt proved hes a winner so who would pay him to play for them,seems the the new young quarterbacks are doing good right now.and in football world his almost extinct.he might become a backup somewhere

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

He might be alright if he changes teams. A change of scenery might give him some motivation because what ever he had going in Cincy is gone.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

yeah that is a poss

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KingJIM View Post
    He might be alright if he changes teams. A change of scenery might give him some motivation because what ever he had going in Cincy is gone.
    but its all for nothing if they dont pass a new cba .they cant trade players for picks.they can only trade picks for picks.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea anytime u put ur house on the market, its a terrible sign. i think both he and the bengals need fresh starts so he needs to gooooo!

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bengals should get rid of this joker as soon as possible. He is washed up and he doesnt want to be there. Trade him for any draft pick.

homers54321
    homers54321's Avatar Become A Pro!

hello hello hello hello hello

hothandsmgee
    hothandsmgee's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont see him leaving at this point in his career

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

cinncy to cheap to find another qb

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

if the bengals do get rid of carson i could see them drafting gabbert or newton with the 4th pick

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

The bengals need better QB and coaches.

slacker00

Bengals should just draft a QB and phase out Palmer if he can't get it done next year.

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

i dont think the bengals should get rid of palmer. they have too many other needs to waste a top 5 pick on an unknown qb

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

I don't think there is any way Palmer plays in Cin next year.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Even if he leaves Cinci is doomed for awhile anyway.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

hope he comes to mn, and let bengals draft another qb to start all over again, we will hear the same story in another 10 years

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoever said Palmer was worth 2 1st round draft picks is on crack.

Won't happen. Look, lifelong Bengals fan, love the guy, have his jersey. But since his knee was shredded he's Drew Bledsoe with a LITTLE more mobility.

Give him a great offensive line, max protect, and he'll win you a lot of games, he can make all the throws. If he has to move around in the pocket and feels pressure he doesn't have it anymore. He's a little gun shy now.

The Bengals have two options: bulk up the oline, such that Palmer can be successful, make do like you have over the last 2 years and shore up your defense up the middle, or try and get what you can for Palmer and go buy a stop-gap guy and draft a replacement to groom.

Brown, the hardheaded, will not trade Carson Palmer. Palmer will either retire, or be wearing a Bengals uniform next year.

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

The problem has always been the fact that Palmer was given no say in his offense. He was told a play and that was it. He was not allowed to change the play at the line. Had he been given some power to change the plays at the line he would have been able to showcase his skills. He is still a good quarterback that was evident the last three games of the season when TO and Ocho where not on the field. As much as I love both Chad and TO even Manning, Brees and Brady would look back with two receivers running their own routes and changing their routes. The Bengals need to get back to running the ball with Benson which seems like they will this upcoming season. I am looking forward to it. Palmer is not done in the NFL nor in Cincinnati he will be a Bengal for at least one more season and I believe he will finish his contract out. Either way, I am one Bengal fan who has has appreciated Palmer and wish him luck!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter34 View Post
    if the bengals do get rid of carson i could see them drafting gabbert or newton with the 4th pick
    yeah but newton isnt ready to run a team,needs someone who can come in and start ,which newton isnt the one

12 Last