Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Help with Basic Moneyline Math

Using Packers -190 and Bears +171 I calculated that the Pack had a 64% probability to win the game according the Pinnacle and the Bears had 36%. Moving in reverse, removing vig the ML would then be -178 and +178. Does that reveal anything? Should I bet either ML? I think that the -178 shows that the packers ml is bad value and the same for the bears.

I did the same thing and got the same middling no vig ML on the steelers jets game. MLs went from -205 and +184 to +/-198. Is this useless?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Doesn't tell you who's going to win but your math is about right. -178 implied a 63% chance to win. IMHO the game is way closer than that, but that's where the market is at.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Could a mod rename my post "Moneyline Winner and Tits" so people at least open the page

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

Would also help if you had some on your avatar.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Doesn't tell you who's going to win but your math is about right. -178 implied a 63% chance to win. IMHO the game is way closer than that, but that's where the market is at.
    Thanks. I rounded for the post. So right now betting the ML is a bad bet either way, based solely on the numbers here?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Thanks. I rounded for the post. So right now betting the ML is a bad bet either way, based solely on the numbers here?
    Not sure how you got from point A to Point B there. If you can get +178 and you think the Bears have better than a 37% chance to win, then it's a good bet.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not sure how you got from point A to Point B there. If you can get +178 and you think the Bears have better than a 37% chance to win, then it's a good bet.

Okay. I assumed as much but nowhere can we get +178 for the bears. And yes, I think the bears have a great shot to win at home. I dont understand why the line isn't +2.5