Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Repost: Why Pittsburgh will beat New York on Sunday (updated)

Pittsburgh dominated Baltimore defensively, holding them to a ridiculous 126 total yards (2.4 yards per play.) Pittsburgh wasn't great overall on offense with 263 total yards (3.8 yards per play.) They held Joe Flacco to 16/30 for 125 yards 1 TD 1 INT and a 61.1 passer rating. What are they going to do against Mark Sanchez? They held Ray Rice to 12 carries for 32 yards and 1 TD. Ben Roethlisberger was great despite the pressure Baltimore put on him. He was 19/32 for 226 yards 2 TD 0 INT and a 101.8 passer rating against one of the best pass defenses in the league. New York's pass defense isn't as good as Baltimore's. The only concern is the Pittsburgh running game didn't do much and Pittsburgh isn't a great rushing team and New York has one of the best rush defenses in the league, but Rashard Mendenhall had 17 carries for 99 yards and 1 TD against that rush defense in their week 15 meeting. Baltimore had one good drive in the entire game on their 2nd drive of the game where they scored a touchdown. Pittsburgh fumbled twice in the first half, one of them was returned for a touchdown and the other one gave Baltimore the ball at the Pittsburgh 16 yard line which allowed them to score a touchdown. Shaun Suisham, who was 14/15 during the regular season, missed a 43 yard field goal just before halftime. The only scoring for Baltimore in the 2nd half was a field goal in the 4th quarter to tie the game where they started at the Pittsburgh 29 yard line because of a kickoff return. If it weren't for the turnovers and shit in this game, this wouldn't have been close. New York is a better rushing team than Baltimore but Pittsburgh has the best rush defense in the league and the best defense in the league overall for that matter. Pittsburgh is also 1st in the league in opponent yards per pass attempt and 2nd in opponent passer rating behind Green Bay. So how the **** is New York going to move the ball? Pittsburgh out gained New York in their earlier meeting 377 yards (5.2 yards per play) to 276 yards (4.8 yards per play.) New York only scored one offensive touchdown in that game. They returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown. If it wasn't for that Pittsburgh would have won. Also, New York got a safety late in the game that put them up 22-17 or else Pittsburgh would have been able to tie the game with a field goal on their final drive. Instead they had to go for the touchdown and they ran out of time. Plus, Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller didn't play. They're playing this time. New York won't be as lucky this time around. They blew their load in the New England game. Pittsburgh has a shitload more playoff experience than New York, winning 2 of the last 5 Super Bowls. Barring turnovers, kickoff/punt returns or other bullshit in favor of New York, I'm very confident Pittsburgh wins and covers this. However, it's unlikely New York will win the turnover battle, since Pittsburgh has the 2nd best turnover margin in the league behind New England, and the best of the teams still alive in the playoffs. I said it last week and I'm saying it again. Pittsburgh is superior on both sides of the ball and at home. Pittsburgh wins and goes to the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in the last 6 seasons.

Prop Bet Master

The silence speaks volumes!

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7340

people don't normally respond to monster paragraphs. If you had simply said " Steelers are the best team ever or New York sucks" you would have had 50+ responses by now.

Prop Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    people don't normally respond to monster paragraphs. If you had simply said " Steelers are the best team ever or New York sucks" you would have had 50+ responses by now.
    Good point. The stupid posts with no reasoning are usually the ones that get a lot of replies.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets are not finished, they have 2 more games to go.....NFL wants NY and GB SuperBowl.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm just hoping that its not a Pittsburgh vs Chicago Super Bowl game. Don't like either.

PorkyPig
    PorkyPig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

damn right, pittsburgh is a bad matchup for the jets

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I don't have all day to read all that sh-t. Jets win.

frognose20
    frognose20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

I agree Pittsburgh wins this one!