brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Some of You Guys Need a Serious Reality Check

you realize line movements and vegas have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what happens on the field right??? you realize a bunch of football players go out there and determine the game based on matchups, intensity, heart etc..??

the amount of times I read crap like "It's a TARP!!!11!!", "Vegas is out to screw us all out of our money !!11!!" on this site is just absolutely ridiculous

bet on what you think will happen, stop paying attention to what other bettors or vegas are doing

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

If thats what you want to believe then so be it.

One day you'll realize theres more to it

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

If it was only that simple. See there is this thing called money. Money makes things happen that normally wouldn't happen. Get my drift?

D3 Mighty Ducks

If you truly think that the NFL puts out a single game on a Thursday night and Vegas just happens to put out a spread between the 2 teams and people wager on it (money, kids, organs etc.) and you TRULY think there is nothing more to it then just 2 teams, offense and defense and special teams are out there playing there "hearts" out and Vegas doesn't have a say...then you need a reality check.

I'm sorry, but there is something more to it. I don't have the answer, Mikail doesn't have the answer. No one does but theres more to it. Thats all I'm saying

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

every single time people are on the lopsided side, its always "the field will decide the bet"

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

What you fail to realize is the line is a reflection of a combination of things, one of which is capping the game in greater detail than you could ever hope to do. So when a line is telling you something it's best to listen.

Some games this year where the line indicated that an upset was in the works:

Week 1 Hou +2 @ Indy
    Week 9 NE @ Cle
    Week 12 Pitt @ Buf +6

Those are all games where the public was all over the favorite and yet in every one the line was a bit short and indicated the dog would play a close game. In each case the dog won. There are more examples I could list, and it happens even more in college ball, but the line tells the smart bettor a lot about the game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeben View Post
    What you fail to realize is the line is a reflection of a combination of things, one of which is capping the game in greater detail than you could ever hope to do. So when a line is telling you something it's best to listen.

Week 1 Hou +2 @ Indy
    Week 9 NE @ Cle
    Week 12 Pitt @ Buf +6

Those are all games where the public was all over the favorite and yet in every one the line was a bit short and indicated the dog would play a close game. In each case the dog won. There are more examples I could list, and it happens even more in college ball, but the line tells the smart bettor a lot about the game.
    Thats only 3 out of hundreds of games.

Plu$Money
    Plu$Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

Betting on what u think is suppose to happen is what Vegas wants u to do.. Sure they will give certain games away to keep people coming back, but in the end they know more than u do and they set the line the way they do for a reason.. I'd rather side with Vegas rather than what I "think" should happen..

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    you realize line movements and vegas have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what happens on the field right??? you realize a bunch of football players go out there and determine the game based on matchups, intensity, heart etc..??

the amount of times I read crap like "It's a TARP!!!11!!", "Vegas is out to screw us all out of our money !!11!!" on this site is just absolutely ridiculous

bet on what you think will happen, stop paying attention to what other bettors or vegas are doing

i used to think like you...i'm sorry to tell you, but you're wrong. You can follow line movement, beat pinny, and make a lot more money than just bet who you think will win. But to each there own. Good luck sir.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

What's a tarp? Is that where the dog covers?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    If thats what you want to believe then so be it.

One day you'll realize theres more to it

you sound like those conspiracy theorists who believe 9/11 was done by the government
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-09-10 at 06:57 PM.

Fleeben
    Fleeben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Thats only 3 out of hundreds of games.
    No system works for every game .....the other part about being profitable is picking your spots and not forcing it.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

you sound like those conspiracy theorists who believe 9/11 was done by the government
    Prove it wasnt.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

If Vegas put a bet out on that you would sh*t your pants if you saw how much money came in on "the conspiracy theorists" side

D3 Mighty Ducks

I'm no conspiracy theorists, I'm just telling the truth you fool

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

If its as easy as being on the same side as Vegas then that means there are people with a perfect record right?

James

RichDoggP
    RichDoggP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 1 Hou +2 @ Indy
    Week 9 NE @ Cle
    Week 12 Pitt @ Buf +6

I would just like to point out that week 12, the Steelers won the game 19-16. The Bills covered, but they didn't win.

That's three carefully selected games out of the entire season (and only two that support your hypothesis). Look at how many games where the line indicated an upset and see how many actually followed with an upset. I'm sure it won't be 100%. Vegas is smart but they're not perfect and they're not going to be right 100% of the time.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

exactly! whatever side the money is on has absolutely no effect on what the players do!

...it only affects the refs

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys do realize this is the NFL where anything can happen. I could see people talking their shit after the game but while the game is going anything can happen...14 pts isn't shit and can be made up. I don't care how crappy the Titans are or are perceived to be.

Yes, line movement follows the money but where does the money come from. People are making large bets on teams for a reason right? Do wiseguys really make 100k bet on a game because they like the rushing defense of a team...I don't care what anyone says but I don't think so.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Brahmabullnuts has proven to be the dumbest poster on the forum this month. Congats
    Points Awarded:

Vinnybagadonuts gave falconticket 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

A reference to a fix is like watching a play....how everything unfolds into place....one act after another. When you can see this when watching a game....then you my friend have found it. Tonight's game was exactly that.....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 36mafia

Jimb0311
    Jimb0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Week 1 Hou +2 @ Indy
    Week 9 NE @ Cle
    Week 12 Pitt @ Buf +6

All of these games I took the Favs. Ended up losing all of them. That's when I knew something wasn't right. So I started to do search and found this site. And now I know about one sided wages and which games are fishy. I now know when to fade the public for the last 2 weeks and have picked my games more carefully. And with more success. I am more than convinced that Vegas has something to do with it.

dan213
    dan213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

ddct...........lol.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You dug your own grave by starting this thread.

This is the oddsmakers' profession. Think about it. They know what they're doing, and so do the shops you bet at.

MikeZaW
    MikeZaW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

lol .... he said tarp.

In all seriousness ... Vegas does have an influence on some games not all but some. Tonight could have been one of them. Remember when the refs asked Jeff Fisher to use timeouts for commercial purposes on Monday Night vs Jacksonville this year?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

the amount of times I read crap like "It's a TARP!!!"
    Geeee-sus.

It's not a field!

It's a f*cking tarp...

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Prove it wasnt.
    Shouldn't the conspiracy theorists be proving it?

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

some games are. Look at cricket for example.

ImmortalKrop
    ImmortalKrop's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12966

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Brahmabullnuts has proven to be the dumbest poster on the forum this month. Congats