Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 Fishy Lines

Redskins Go from +3 to +1 at home against Tampa Bay ??

-Tampa Bay playing pretty good ball
    - Drama in Redskins Locker room with Haynesworth suspension, lot of distractions w/ media etc.
    -Torrian ??
    -McNabb looks liked doo doo
    \
    Anyone seeing anything here.

Pittsburgh -9 against Cincinnati???

-Big Ben = Broken Foot, Broken Nose, Surgery
    - Coming off a big game (potential let down spot)
    -Cinci has been keeping games close (considering their record) in particular their big games, Indy, Pitt, NO
    - Pitt only beat them by 6 last game 11/08/10
    - Line was only Pitt -5 11/08/10

carmeloso80
    carmeloso80's Avatar Become A Pro!

skins straight up. Thats all you need to know. you remember how they played after last beat down.

Anything can happen in the cinnci game. steelers could shut them out or easily get upset here. ur guess is as good as mine. you would think cinnci has given up but it really depends on if they want marvin lewis back next year how that factors in.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Tampa has been playing well, but just put 2 players on IR. Starting center out due to triceps tear, resigned a guy cut during training camp to fill in. They also lost their #1 CB Talib, torn ligament in his hip. The Bucs will use a 2nd year and rookie CB's to try to fill the spot. They also lost 2 guys the week before against Baltimore. The offensive line will be starting 2 rookie guards, 2 3rd year tackles and a center just signed off the street. The game will be closer than most people think.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in DC so I follow the Skins every week. And also keep in mind im a Dallas fan so no im not cheering nor wishing the Skins to do well.

Your first point was Tampa is playing good ball. I cant disagree there and one would think playing the low Skins would lead to a win. As far as the Alber Haynesworth suspension, there is absolutely NO drama nor distractions on that team and if there were any it isnt because of Albert. He is now gone the Skins havent been bothere by his antics the entire season. Mood around the team is down only because they know they have to win out to get to the playoffs which will NOT happen. Your third point was Torian. From this I can see you dont follow this team because that guy has been out for the last 3-4 weeks. They have a rookie RB in there right now. I actually liked Torian he ran the ball hard as ****! And your final point on this game was the fac McNabb looked like doo doo, how mture of you LOL. I can say one thing about McNabb, if it wasnt for him the Skins would be in the shitter right now. This is his first season with this team and let me say that he isnt the reason why the Skins are losing games. If you recall the Skins defense used to be in the Top 15 in the NFL every year. They let Williams go who was the D-Coordinator and hired Haslett. When I watch this team its real evident that they have absolutely NO RECEIVERS or RUNNING BACKS that can get the job done. Therefor McNabb is forced to play outside his means and gets the blame when they make mistakes. As you see from my view here I know alot more on the Skins than I do the Bucs which is why I rarely if ever mentioned them in this writeup. I feel as though the Bucs wont make the playoffs either even though this will be a big game for them. After a tough loss to ATL coming to Washington will be tough for that young team. I think the line is wrong it should of started out as PK or around that margin favoring the Bucs. Ofcourse it was -3 TB and moved 2 full points to -1 TB. As soon as this past week ended I looked at the schedule and called out a Washington win. Washington ML is my play on this game take it or leave it.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I like the redskins but my question is: Do I take +3 (-135) now, or wait? I'm stuck on Bodog, fyi.

Edit: Nothing fishy about the Pitt/Cincy line.

LostBankroll

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    I like the redskins but my question is: Do I take +3 (-135) now, or wait? I'm stuck on Bodog, fyi.

Edit: Nothing fishy about the Pitt/Cincy line.

I think you take them now. I doubt the line gets any higher if TB backers take Tampa but I doubt they push the line any higher. Thing is I think the line will only get lower for you since youre at Bodog. Id say, place half your stake now so if you bet $50 a game, take Skins +3 -135 risking $25. And wait, the line gets to +3.5 then you did the smart thing in waiting. If it goes to +2.5 then either take the 2.5 or buy it up to +3 and place your second stake $25 on the latest line.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff, I am a Skins fan from Northern VA, I guess you are right about Torrain being out for numerous weeks, I guess what I was getting at was a lack of run game mixed with the iffy (If not sub par) low throwing, tripping over his own feet antics of McNabb. He looks lost half the time, and very Phillyesque if that makes sense. Doo Doo (If you want to use the technical term)

Skins line will move down if anything, I would say wait for the juice to lower, I would even look into a M/L line play if you are looking at buying anything today. Buy the M/l line at a premium while it is still @ +3 .

P.S. Growing up near DC there is nothing worse than an East Coast Dallas fan.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

@LostBankroll

Thanks for the input. Yeah, it's hard trying to predict the line movement at Bodog b/c you generally get a better underdog line, leading you to believe you should take it early, however, the line moves the "wrong" way very often. Perhaps a lot of people are "stuck" on it like me but don't care so much/don't understand the importance of timing the bet for the best line.

LostBankroll

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    Good stuff, I am a Skins fan from Northern VA, I guess you are right about Torrain being out for numerous weeks, I guess what I was getting at was a lack of run game mixed with the iffy (If not sub par) low throwing, tripping over his own feet antics of McNabb. He looks lost half the time, and very Phillyesque if that makes sense. Doo Doo (If you want to use the technical term)

Skins line will move down if anything, I would say wait for the juice to lower, I would even look into a M/L line play if you are looking at buying anything today. Buy the M/l line at a premium while it is still @ +3 .

P.S. Growing up near DC there is nothing worse than an East Coast Dallas fan.
    I have my reasons. When I was like 3 my mother bought me the movie "The Little Giants". If you recall in the movie Dallas lost so I could have easily became a fan of NY, But those colors and the little kids playing were so cool. Ever since then ive been a Dallas fan. Alot of people like Dallas just because, atleast I have a valid excuse for it. As for what I put in BOLD it is true you will end up losing value on the ML if the line goes down to +2.5 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    @LostBankroll

Thanks for the input. Yeah, it's hard trying to predict the line movement at Bodog b/c you generally get a better underdog line, leading you to believe you should take it early, however, the line moves the "wrong" way very often. Perhaps a lot of people are "stuck" on it like me but don't care so much/don't understand the importance of timing the bet for the best line.
    Glad I could help. Like you said at Bodog things play out differently than at other books so who know you might see it go up to +3.5 but I highly doubt it since they are juicing the **** out of the +3 at -135. Which is why I said to take it now if you want the +3. Or wait for +2.5 and buy the hook. Either way might aswell throw 1/4 of your stake on it now just incase you get a worse line. BEST OF LUCK to you this weekend.