WonTooManyBets
    WonTooManyBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was the Super Bowl fixed?

ESPN.com declared Saints the winners before Super Bowl ended

We posted on Saturday night an item regarding an item on ESPN.com regarding the fact that Drew Brees of the Saints had won his first Super Bowl.

Even though the game had yet to start.

The article quickly was yanked. But it's now back given that, you know, the Saints ultimately won the Super Bowl.

As a reader points out, however, ESPN.com again jumped the gun. Based on the 9:20 p.m. ET time stamp, the article was republished roughly 30 minutes before the Saints actually won the Super Bowl.

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of this relatively innocent error is that some people actually think that it means the Super Bowl was fixed -- and that ESPN.com was in on it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, a man in a black suit is sliding down a rope from the black helicopter hovering over my front yard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-bowl-ended/

regretz
    regretz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch the Steelers vs Seahawks superbowl if you wanna see what a fixed superbowl looks like.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

95 Cowgirls versus Steelers

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

They have pages already set up for each team ... just accidentally posted the wrong page

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    They have pages already set up for each team ... just accidentally posted the wrong page

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    +1

They are not gonna fix the superbowl just to have a good article, what could they gain?

nickmanning214
    nickmanning214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

If it's fixed then I can't be nearly as proud that I picked the Saints -7.

veemister
    veemister's Avatar Become A Pro!

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Yes, it was fixed, and the few of us who were telling you Saints by double digits beforehand were in on it, but we couldn't tell you that, so we just told you it was a mismatch, the Colts had not seen anyone on offense remotely as good as the Saints, that the Colts D had no prayer of stopping the Saints, that the top of the NFC was vastly superior to the top of the AFC, etc. Now that it's over, we can tell you it was a fix, and a few of us were in on it. It had nothing to do with superior research. It was all a fix.

zagat
    zagat's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah cause the espn crew was on the field playing

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

you must not really know whats up if you think the games are fixed
    Points Awarded:

DOMINATER gave tbird509 9 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

mr t bird pm is down

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

And if you think its impossible for a professional sporting event to be fixed... YOU DEFINITELY DONT KNOW WHATS UP

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

ESPN made Peyton Manning throw that interception.

Come on, you don't think they did a little pre-writing before the game?

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep. It was fixed.

brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Very unlikely that a fix was in at least on the players aspect, just look at how hard those guys fought for that onside kick. And the refs just let em play the entire game, was only 3 flags all game I think, espn probably just ****ed up and posted a pre written article a little early.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost my bet so yes, it must have been fixed.

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont really care if its fixed or not, just as long as im on the winning side of the bet

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by regretz View Post
    Watch the Steelers vs Seahawks superbowl if you wanna see what a fixed superbowl looks like.
    This

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course it wasn't fixed.....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sure it was fixed. Manning signaled the Saints CB when to move on the ball for the game winning INT. Didn't you notice that little head bob to the left side of his head at an 27.4 degree angle? That was the give away. Dream on people. For every winner, there is a loser who screams "Fix", though I think that the person who started this post was just trying to point out how these rediculous stories get circulated.

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

BgdaddyQH you spelled "rediculous" wrong the correct spelling is "Ridiculous"

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WonTooManyBets View Post
    ESPN.com declared Saints the winners before Super Bowl ended

We posted on Saturday night an item regarding an item on ESPN.com regarding the fact that Drew Brees of the Saints had won his first Super Bowl.

Even though the game had yet to start.

The article quickly was yanked. But it's now back given that, you know, the Saints ultimately won the Super Bowl.

As a reader points out, however, ESPN.com again jumped the gun. Based on the 9:20 p.m. ET time stamp, the article was republished roughly 30 minutes before the Saints actually won the Super Bowl.

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of this relatively innocent error is that some people actually think that it means the Super Bowl was fixed -- and that ESPN.com was in on it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, a man in a black suit is sliding down a rope from the black helicopter hovering over my front yard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-bowl-ended/
    MR MANNING DIDNT WIN AND YOU SAY IT WAS FIXED THE NFL POSTER BOY KEEP SNFFING THE GLUE

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

AGREED almost fought my brother- inlaw over thanksgiven hes a Steeler fan obviously and I did have anything riding on it but those ref were ridiculous

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

definitely not fixed, however sometimes I do believe professional sports are fixed, I was rooting for the colts and I didn't see any major calls that I objected to. If anything the ref's were on the colt's

Stanfield
    Stanfield's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't believe it was fixed either, however I can't count how many times I've seen ref's blow games over bad calls. I actually thought the Colts/Saints was one of the better ref'd superbowl's i've seen in a while.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

wish it was vikings

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    I like this theory. I intend to use it every time I lose. Now, if I could just stop losing.....

gcarp707
    gcarp707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea it may have been fixed who knows but just like the shirts and hats all of the articles are ready to go before hand no matter which team wins.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not fixed, but predictable...Predictable as in as soon as The Saints got out of the NFC Championship after they played terrible...The writing appeared to be on the wall...Public Perception Saints suck...Saints get to play with house money cuz their A should have been out of there. Also us against the world...A perfect formula for success in modern sports and Why Texas was poised to make a real good showing in BCS game til Colt went down...

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    ESPN made Peyton Manning throw that interception.

Come on, you don't think they did a little pre-writing before the game?
    Don't do this...Your point is a definitely valid and there is no point claiming a game is fixed....That being said, a game could be fixed and there could be plays(good and bad) still made all over the field.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4697

I'm tired of people accusing games of being fixed. It's a little childish if you ask me.

girth brooks
    girth brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!

People who were afraid to bet against the Colts may think it was fixed, the people that saw through the smoking mirrors that is Espn knew which side to be on. Its a matter of perception and conclusion. Saints were just better.

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by girth brooks View Post
    People who were afraid to bet against the Colts may think it was fixed, the people that saw through the smoking mirrors that is Espn knew which side to be on. Its a matter of perception and conclusion. Saints were just better.
    Funny you should mention. Seemed like everyone over on that channel was picking the Colts. More love than usual by them for the favorite.

bluegg
    bluegg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    this^ (no hate)

12 Last