beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Redskins franchise Cousins again

First time someone has been franchise tagged two consecutive years, yea?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

silverdollar444
    silverdollar444's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Kirk Cousins is getting PAID. He'll most likely get a deal after this season too - he is cashing in big time, but can you blame him?

boomer11
    boomer11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

just let him leave

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Just like the skins. Lets franchise again the first QB they had since Joe and we will loose him after this year and end up with nothing. Sign him long term or worse case trade him for second pick or a first round and draft the Clemson kid. The move they made with him is the worst move ever. Lets sign Bruce smith or dion, or stubblefield, for crap sake!! Love the pryor pick up but this team is killin me.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

I remember when this used to be an exemplary franchise. Oh how long ago that was.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

Yeah, you like that?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Pierre Garcon: I don't know why Kirk Cousins didn't get the long-term deal yet. He made plays for us & helped us make those playoff runs.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

When are they gonna realize he's not good.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19389

He's good but the O-line makes him look much better. I suspect that management knows this and they (correctly) believe he's isn't worth near what he's asking; this will be his last year as a Redskin.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar444 View Post
    Kirk Cousins is getting PAID. He'll most likely get a deal after this season too - he is cashing in big time, but can you blame him?
    I NEVER fault athletes with leverage going for the jugular...put in the same position any of us would try to capitalize as much money as humanly possible from these teams with billionaire owners, I know I would for sure. I laughed when people were giving Von Miller a hard time for holding out in Denver...pssh I would have had his same attitude, b*tch I'm the super bowl MVP, f*ck you pay me, lol

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I NEVER fault athletes with leverage going for the jugular...put in the same position any of us would try to capitalize as much money as humanly possible from these teams with billionaire owners, I know I would for sure. I laughed when people were giving Von Miller a hard time for holding out in Denver...pssh I would have had his same attitude, b*tch I'm the super bowl MVP, f*ck you pay me, lol
    I just hate hearing them talk about how much their getting like as though were meant to be happy,just pay em and shut the f@ck up about it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cousins is still better than most of the quarterbacks so Washington really has no choice

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Both the Redskins and Kirk Cousins are reportedly OK with the quarterback playing 2017 under the franchise tag, but Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if the club will nonetheless make him a last-ditch offer by Monday’s deadline. The expectation is that Cousins will need at least $52MM in guarantees in order to sign a long-term pact, though Florio suggests that something between that figure and the $40MM the Raiders gave Derek Carr could get Cousins to bite. If Cousins says no, the Redskins could leak the details of the offer and make him “seem greedy and selfish,” writes Florio.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 74

Cousins just not good enough for a long term deal. Close though

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, two NFL general managers believe a team will place a "HUGE" roster bonus into an offer sheet for Kirk Cousins in 2018 if the Redskins slap him with the transition tag next year.

Cousins is not expected to sign a long-term deal by Monday's deadline for franchise players to do so, and the belief is the Skins may tag him in some manner again next offseason. A third consecutive franchise tag would cost $34.5 million, but a transition tag would be cheaper and, of course, less binding. If Cousins is transition tagged in 2018, interested teams would be able to make him contract offers that severely restrict Washington's ability to match with huge early-deal roster bonuses. The 49ers are a team capable of constructing such a deal. San Francisco has a ton of cap space, a huge quarterback need, and Kyle Shanahan's connection to Cousins.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Speaking to ESPN’s Sal Palantonio on Tuesday (via Michael David Smith of ProFootballTalk), the sixth-year passer said he wants to stay with Washington for the rest of his NFL years. While that would seem to run counter to his actions of the past two summers, Cousins will be paid handsomely via the franchise tag to lead the Redskins this season.

“I would love to be … a Redskin the rest of my career,” Cousins said. “When you look at the best of the best, those quarterbacks played with one team. And if you point to a couple guys who didn’t, who changed teams, it really was against their will: I think if Joe Montana or Peyton Manning had their way, they would have stayed where they had won Super Bowls and played so well. They wouldn’t have played so well. So my desire is to stay with one team my entire career, and that would be Washington.”