aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

This bet has to be a lock * greg olsen * over 5 catches -145

The Broncos' defense doesn't have many weaknesses, but teams have had success against them by feeding their tight ends. Denver allowed 15 catches to Rob Gronkowski in the AFC Championship Game. Olsen has been a consistent weapon for the Panthers all season, especially in the playoff where he's hauled in 14 receptions over the last two games. THIS HAS TO BE THE SAFE BET IN MY BOOKS

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

what the hell ..gents tell me where this bet can lose

chime in

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

It can lose if the Broncos happen to be amazing against the pass and also happen to realize that Olson is the only decent target Cam has and decide to scheme to keep the ball away from him

WAHOOS
    WAHOOS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1632

I'm on it. But I got -105 haha

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    It can lose if the Broncos happen to be amazing against the pass and also happen to realize that Olson is the only decent target Cam has and decide to scheme to keep the ball away from him
    This but - and I am not comparing Olsen to Gronk but you could make the argument that the Broncos knew Gronk would be a target and couldn't stop him. In fact with the game on the line - Brady got it to Gronk in what should have been triple coverage on the guy. I also don't think this loses but I have to think either this is going to be vegas giving away money on Panthers and some of their props or broncos are really gonna shock some people.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

First off, that is an average # for that prop.

Problem is your basis for bet is the number of throws to Gronk in the Last game. That is a mistake to use that comparison. I mean do you really believe Cam will throw every play like Brady did???

No way!!!

Now that doesn't mean the bet is no good, just saying your premise for the bet is flawed.

Good luck either way.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

"Brady got it to Gronk in triple coverage"

Okay. And I think that Brady could get it to Olsen in triple coverage. These are not the same things as Cam getting it to Olsen.

Brady is muuuuuch better than Cam
    Gronk is muuuuuch better than Olsen

I'm not saying it doesn't hit, but let's not compare apples to rotten oranges.

MarcusPaige
    MarcusPaige's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Since you are looking for a contrarian point of view, he had 8 games in the regular season with under 5 catches and one with exactly 5, which means if you had made this exact bet every game so far this season (including playoffs) you would be 9-8-1.

Having watched every Panther game this season, he's a great receiver but his receiving skills aren't always part of the game plan.

Tboonepickem
    Tboonepickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5430

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post
    Since you are looking for a contrarian point of view, he had 8 games in the regular season with under 5 catches and one with exactly 5, which means if you had made this exact bet every game so far this season (including playoffs) you would be 9-8-1.

Having watched every Panther game this season, he's a great receiver but his receiving skills aren't always part of the game plan.
    This ^^^ Great input

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusPaige View Post

Good job. This is why there are no locks. Because some of these posters go with intuition and feels.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Better off betting the over in rec yds for Olsen instead.