AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Starting to change my mind
    Never change your mind on account of someone else.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    Never change your mind on account of someone else.
    You're completely right

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You're completely right
    If you are going to succeed at this you will have to learn to follow your gut instinct and your research. I do my own thing over here so I really do not care what others say or think. Do not get me wrong, if someone provides a piece of information I overlooked I will definitely take a look at it. No one is perfect. However, I basically have been winning and losing my own dough on my account. The past few years I have been winning more than I lost. People do not like my approach to college football but it works for me. People always want that instant gratification off a small sample size. I am proven and I am known to tweak and lose some weekends. I never stop trying to get better using my own approach. Good luck my friend.

Good call on the Colts. I was hoping luck was playing. They got me. If Hasselback was starting before I dropped the dough I would have left the game alone. Once I got wind that the locker room was in favor of the old guy and the West Coast Offense I knew I was done. Nevertheless, very unfortunate turnovers and injuries derailed my pick. I was spot on but I lost. On to the next one.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22731

My friend just don't take the steelers tonight. It is a true jet lag game. As someone who has been in sleep medicine for over 20 yrs. Pittsburg will look very tired. Give the points. Bol on your choice.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

103 Atlanta Falcons* -3½

I do not know what Vegas is thinking on this one. Yes, it is a Thursday game. Yes, Atlanta is traveling on short rest. Yes, Julio Jones is hobbled. Man, I am not over thinking this one. Atlanta is way too talented to not be able to overcome those obstacles. A hobbled Julio is better than 90% of the healthy receivers. Has anyone seen the Saints' offense? Me either. They beat the Brandon Weeden led Cowboys on a mistake by the Cowboys' defense slacking on personnel changes. Are you trying to tell me a Rob Ryan defense is going to stop Atlanta's offense? I don't care if Julio plays or not. Rob Ryan? What a joke! Philadelphia just stomped the Aints while Sam Bradford threw two interceptions. Sam Bradford? Matt Ryan? Lmao. Rivalry my arse.

A Da Barber is riding with Joe Public -3.5.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

I am going to take the Panthers. Got to go to work will write up later.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

255 Kansas City Chiefs +3½
    261 Washington Redskins +7½
    264 Pittsburgh Steelers +4
    267 Carolina Panthers +7
    269 San Diego Chargers +10
    274 Indianapolis Colts +9
    275 New York Giants +5½

Write ups to come. These all Joe Public fades. I will not do anymore sides with the public. Good luck. Final Card.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Kansas City Chiefs +3½ (35%)

Why the Chiefs will cover:
    So Joe is in love with the Vikings. I would be to if I was just your casual football fan. Hell they almost knocked off the elite Denver Broncos at Mile High. It sounds good. Denver is no longer elite. Their defense? Yeah, of course. That is the reason they are undefeated. Everyone they have played has almost knocked them off. Minnesota has not done no more than the next team that played them. Minnesota does not throw the ball enough for me. The coaching staff knows to ride the second best back in the league if they want to win. That means a slowed down game. Kansas City does not throw down field either. All of their plays are of the long hand off kind so that pretty much slows this game down. There is no more Jamaal Charles and that is a pity but the Chiefs have two capable backs and a pretty good tight end to replace the injured Charles. I know they lost to the lowly Bears but they almost pulled that one off if Maclin did not juggle the ball going out of bounds on the last play of the game. When you lose Jamaal Charles that changes the whole game plan. That is why they eventually gave up the lead and lost. Andy Reid will have a new game plan and they will stay around in this one. Whoever gets the most big plays wins this one close.

A Da Barber fades Joe Public and rides with the Chiefs +3.5.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-18-15 at 11:10 AM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Washington Redskins +7½ (46%)

Why Washington will cover:
    The Jets are fresh off a win, winning three in a row, and a bye week. Joe public is loving this. I would to. However, who have the Jets played. The Dolphins? Give me a break. The Colts? They are barely beating bad teams. Well, Washington has been playing teams with stellar defenses and have even pulled out a couple of wins. Oh don't let the Atlanta loss on Thursday takes away from how Washington played the Falcons. The Falcons are a good team. Both of these teams like to run. Washington had a pretty good run defense until Freeman carved them up, but who hasn't he carved up. Chris Ivory is going to put in work. Washington will counter with more running because they do not want Kirk Cousins to cough up the ball more than twice to the league leading takeaway Jets. I can see Revis now. Kirk just stay away from the island. I wish they would start Kirk's Uncle, Brother, anybody but this turnover machine. I see the Redskins hanging around with a lot of ball control and then Kirk will doom the Redskins again.

A Da Barber fades Joe Public and rides with the Redskins +7.5.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-18-15 at 11:20 AM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Pittsburgh Steelers +4 (26%)

Why the Steelers will cover:
    Joe Public has jumped off the Pittsburgh bandwagon ever since Big Ben went down, and all they have done is covered the spread. I have Big Ben on my fantasy squad in a large money league and I miss him. So does the Steelers but they are getting the wins they are supposed to with Mike Vick under center. Anybody can steer this ship with the talent Pittsburgh has on offense. Antonio Brown is still the best receiver in the league. Bell is still the best back in the league. Arizona should not go up fast like they have done in the first quarter of the season. Mike Vick knows not to turn the ball over. Big Ben is on the sideline dialing in plays and eventually he will call something late in the game that will keep the Steelers in the game. Arizona's defense can't keep their pick six plays up at the rate they have been getting them. They won't get any this game and too much Bell. This line is stupid anyway. Arizona has been smashing the crap out of teams. They lost to freaking St. Louis. That is why the line is not 7. The o/u is pretty low for an offense that is suppose to be explosive. I know no one thinks that Pittsburgh is going to go scoreless while Arizona scores 40 again.

A Da Barber fades Joe Public and rides with the Steelers
    +4.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Carolina Panthers +7

Why the Panthers will cover:
    This game is no longer a fade. However, my purpose of choosing the Panthers is because this is like playing Madden with the same teams. They are identical teams. Both rely on their defense. Both have great tight ends. Seattle does not use theirs enough and they also do not cover them well either. Greg Olsen just happens to be Cam Newton's favorite target. I don't know who Josh Norman will be covering but you can go ahead and x him out of the offense. Olsen will not be covered by anyone deep. He just doesn't go out that far. He will eat underneath and in the Red Zone. Cam will run around and make plays. Russell will run around but if he does not use Jimmy Graham he will have a long day. The under is 41 which is kind of high to me for these two outstanding defenses. Cam will find the end zone and I also think both quarterbacks will turn the ball over. Vegas sees somebody's offense scoring some. I like Carolina's offense and defense a whole lot more than I like Seattle's.

A Da Barber rides with Joe Public and takes
    Carolina +7.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

I do not have time to write up all the others. I have a million and one things going on: fantasy leagues, draftkings, this, my kid, the NFL, etc. Good luck.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Indianapolis Colts +9 (43%)

Why the Colts will cover:
    I really don't think the Colts will cover but all I am hearing is that the Patriots should score 60 and the Colts have no chance. This is just a complete Joe Public Fade because of the sure thing and the so-called revenge game factor. So why is this spread not 14? I am always leary of spreads that are supposed to be two touchdowns but are not though. That means Vegas believes Indy will score and it will be a lot closer than we think. The o/u is pretty much where I would expect it. I can see the Patriots hanging 40 on these guys but the damn spread is 9 and it does not add up. Joe Public pushed it up to that because I believe it started at 8 or something. So Vegas was planning on this being a shootout with Luck going throw for throw with Brady.

A Da Barber fades Joe Public and is riding a Colt +9.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

255 Kansas City Chiefs +3½ Loss
    261 Washington Redskins +7½ Loss
    264 Pittsburgh Steelers +4 Win
    267 Carolina Panthers +7 Win
    269 San Diego Chargers +10 Win
    274 Indianapolis Colts +9 Win
    275 New York Giants +5½ ? I took this Sunday morning because I knew the line would drop and it sure did.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-19-15 at 07:43 PM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Fade The Public: 5 - 5
    Regular Plays: 1 - 0
    Overall: 6 - 5

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

304 San Francisco 49ers +6½
    453 Cleveland Browns +7
    461 Minnesota Vikings -2½
    466 Washington Redskins -3

la cara
    la cara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3116

A i smell something cookin in here...nice work

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

453 Cleveland Browns +7

like the 2 contrarian picks.. but that Viking in Detroit game scares me.. should be a close one.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    like the 2 contrarian picks.. but that Viking in Detroit game scares me.. should be a close one.
    We shall see Dr. Jay! A.P. to the rescue with some Stefon Diggs sprinkled in. Detroit is horrible. Flow of the game keeps this game low scoring I believe. Detroit does not do anything well. Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson always perform against Chicago. Now the adrenaline is back down to geriatric levels.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by la cara View Post
    A i smell something cookin in here...nice work
    The football season is damn near at the halfway point. Time to get my profit up. I am down a unit or two. Not bad but not good either. Aiming for that 60%.

la cara
    la cara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3116

Tenn would be a nice public fade this week

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

459 New York Jets* +10

The Jets just may be the best team in the NFL. I mean they are a complete team. Funny what a complete overhaul does for a team with good and shrewd decision making. The MVP of this team is Geno Smith. Gang Green has never missed someone so much. Adios Geno. Who names a black kid Geno anyway? That is where that all went wrong for him. I am black. Ease up. Lol. Anyway, he sucks and no one misses him.

Back to football. The Jets do everything well and that's with a unpredictable Fitzmagic at the helm. He has always been capable. Now he is surrounded by quality coaching and above average talent. Ivory will break on for 25 yards and better once or twice a game. His end zone game is ridiculous. Brandall Marshall is happy. A happy talent makes plays like the one he made last week to save Fitztragic's arse. Decker is what he is naturally, a number two. He is happy in that role. He knows that he can get his shine on being that little brother to a very competent and elite receiver in Marshall. The Secondary is unapproachable. Revis Island should be a resort because all receivers get to enjoy a whole game off on Revis Island with an autographed intercepted ball as a parting gift for visiting. Did I tell you the other side one a championship while leasing that island? The Jet's? Very formidable. They do more things better than the Patriots do.

Now the Patriots. Damn I hate going against this squad. I did a lot of homework on this game just because I need some Jets' in my Draftkings lineups. Gotta get more money. I would not be surprised if the Jets win this decisively. They can be the #1 team in the league or the #2 eating at New England's heels. The Jets, in my opinion is the best team in the NFL. If Belichick and Brady pull it off I won't be discouraged. Hell, it is Brady and Belz Chickz. They do what they do. The NFL needs a good shake up. Jets win. Carolina is for real even with their flaws. Cam has arrived.

This was random.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-21-15 at 09:15 PM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Extra Picks:

458 Miami Dolphins -4
    472 New York Giants -3
    474 Carolina Panthers -3
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-25-15 at 12:05 PM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Public Fades Week 7

469 Oakland Raiders +3½

453 Cleveland Browns +7
    459 New York Jets* +10

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

469 Oakland Raiders +3½ Win
    304 San Francisco 49ers +6½ Loss
    453 Cleveland Browns +7 Loss
    461 Minnesota Vikings -2½ Win
    466 Washington Redskins -3 Win
    459 New York Jets* +10 Win

Extra Picks:

458 Miami Dolphins -4 Win
    472 New York Giants -3 Win
    474 Carolina Panthers -3 Win

Fade The Public: 9 - 7
    Regular Plays: 4 - 0
    Overall: 13 - 7

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

476 Arizona Cardinals -9½

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

101 Miami Dolphins* +9½
    274 Denver Broncos* +3
    251 Detroit Lions* +5
    253 Minnesota Vikings* PK
    257 New York Giants* +3
    259 San Francisco 49ers* +9½
    263 Cincinnati Bengals* PK
    272 Dallas Cowboys +6
    274 Denver Broncos* +3

Final Card. Good Luck!
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 10-27-15 at 09:18 PM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

The landscape has changed. I am going to have to hedge the Minnesota and Cincy game. Pittsburgh will win that one if Big Ben plays and I think he will. The Minnesota game is doing the same as last week but Minnesota covered. Two weeks in a row? First with Detroit and now with Chicago. So Vegas does not believe in Minnesota. Chicago wins. Then that means Kansas City wins, but do they cover? Questions.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

101 Miami Dolphins* +9½ Loss
    274 Denver Broncos* +3
    251 Detroit Lions* +5
    253 Minnesota Vikings* PK
    257 New York Giants* +3
    259 San Francisco 49ers* +9½
    263 Cincinnati Bengals* PK
    272 Dallas Cowboys +6
    259 San Francisco 49ers* +8
    268 Houston Texans* -3½
    270 Oakland Raiders* +3
    276 Carolina Panthers* -6½

Final Card. Good luck.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

101 Miami Dolphins* +9½ Loss
    274 Denver Broncos* +3 Win
    251 Detroit Lions* +5 Loss
    253 Minnesota Vikings* PK Win
    257 New York Giants* +3 Push
    259 San Francisco 49ers* +9½ Loss
    263 Cincinnati Bengals* PK Win
    272 Dallas Cowboys +6 Win
    268 Houston Texans* -3½ Win
    270 Oakland Raiders* +3 Win
    276 Carolina Panthers* -6½ Loss
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 11-03-15 at 08:47 AM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Overall: 19 - 11 -1

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

456 Minnesota Vikings -2½
    457 Miami Dolphins +3
    461 Washington Redskins +14½
    464 Carolina Panthers +2½
    467 New York Giants -1

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

473 Chicago Bears* +4½
    Points Awarded:

LtDarsh gave AdaBarber 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LtDarsh
    LtDarsh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4029

473 Chicago Bears* +4½
    tailing ya thanks

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

456 Minnesota Vikings -2½ Win
    457 Miami Dolphins +3 Loss