slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Seahawks Patriots Superbowl PROPS discussion, post your props here.

Props should roll out continuously the next couple weeks. It's a bit of a lull before the Super Bowl but lots of hype building up to the game, so books try to fill that fervor with extra props and exotic bets that we don't normally see during the rest of the year in the NFL. It's an exciting time, so post your props here if you like, where you saw them and be exact with the numbers and price so we can all examine, compare and discuss them.

So far, I'm only seeing stuff like coin toss and SB MVP which are just silly sucker bets. I suppose they dangle a few out there early to get the frenzied money coming off the buzz of yesterday's games.

The SB MVP one is a no-play for me for a lot of reasons. Mainly, it's juiced to hell, as are any multi-way bets with more than 2 outcomes to bet on. It's easy to see the juice when the prop is "yes" -115 versus -"no" -115, but when it's 30 options ranging from +150 to +15000, it's easy to lose the fact that half your bet is juice. Besides that, MVP comes down to popularity too, often the QB wins by default, with Brady sitting at +150, your money is much better spent on Brady props if you like him to have the kind of day that warrants an MVP, for example. So, if you have ideas about the MVP prop, go ahead and make your case, but also contrast against similar performance props relating to that player.

Lastly, keep checking your favorite books. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how props are released during the next couple weeks. But if you see one you like, don't wait, because the lines can move around a lot.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quarter toss heads is the lock of the century