chalutes84
    chalutes84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

watching without gambling?

Does anyone find it tough to watch sports without putting money on the games? You never realize how utterly boring and alike all games are without money on them. I found myself watching Portlandia for an hour and finding it so much more fullfilling than watching the Lions and Bears.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I can only watch sports with no money on them if I'm watching with other people. if i'm alone then it's a lot more boring unless it's a big game or something i.e I don't usually bet on world series games but I'll watch them still.

chalutes84

Honestly I really hope sports have gotten worse. because if they have been this boring for years I have truly wasted so many hours watching the equivalent to a glorified gym class. Sports truly are the empty calories of entertainment.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Interests change man. Give it a couple years and you'll rather watch bowling than see another Portlandia episode.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I love sports...I'll watch a highschool football game if its competitive. Guess thats just the athlete in me

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

portlandia is a pretty good show

chalutes84

Im not saying this to troll or be snarkey, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. When you watch without money wagered or knowing anyone affiliated with either team what exactly is the attraction?

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by chalutes84 View Post
    Im not saying this to troll or be snarkey, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. When you watch without money wagered or knowing anyone affiliated with either team what exactly is the attraction?
    You must have never played sports or anything ever? LOL You dont like sports, cool I guess

wildemu
    wildemu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

It depends on the matchup. I'll watch Eagles/Cowboys no problem but god knows tonight's 49ers/seahawks game will be brutal to watch. Unless you like defensive struggles of course.

chalutes84

I am just wondering if after watching a football game there is any sense of being fulfilled, like after watching something that makes you think and actively participate. I truly think at its core thats why gambling enhances the experience, making us think we were productive during the duration of the game.

RavensFan2k3

I am just wondering if after watching a football game there is any sense of being fulfilled, like after watching something that makes you think and actively participate. I truly think at its core thats why gambling enhances the experience, making us think we were productive during the duration of the game.
    You depressed bro? Because technically you can say the same thing about anything. After performing any activity, is there any sense of being fulfilled? IMO gambling enhances it for those who just dont like sports. I personanlly dont like watching games that I wager on. I cant enjoy it, too much stress.

chalutes84

NoNoNo. Even being on this forum watching replies has been much more fun than watching a seemingly really good first half of football.

RavensFan2k3

NoNoNo. Even being on this forum watching replies has been much more fun than watching a seemingly really good first half of football.
    I dont know what to tell you, you just dont like sports, which is fine lol.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

A whopping 75% of sports bettors are washed up highschool jocks and phys ed teachers that live vicariously through the players. They often like to dream about what could have been....

chalutes84

I dont think thats it tank. I think it comes down to not being honest with ourselves to say if I dont have money on it, sports really arent that entertaining or worth dedicating three hours to.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Watching tv as a whole is a complete waste of time if u think about we should all think about getting a real hobby or reading a book for god sake lol btw I like alt. comedy but there is no bigger waste of time than portlandia tried to watch it a couple times boring it's great if ur trying to go to sleep but it's not very funny

chalutes84

Great point swag. I am curious to know if you guys would rather go to an NFL game or a concert by your favorite artist? On a completely unrelated note does anyone get very uncomfortable to see grown men wearing NFL Game jerseys with their favorite players name on the back?

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Agree with the op completely. Having an interest in the game makes it way more interesting. Watching with no bet is like hanging out with the in laws with no alcohol. I could do it but would rather not.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

If you actually want to ENJOY the game its best to not have anything riding on the game... gotta take it easy on your ticker once in a while and I'd like to think I have control of the little degenerate bastard in me rather than the other way around.... The worst is when you bet on your team to cover, ends up being a hell of a game, your team wins but doesn't cover - feels like such a half-hearted victory.