I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Way Detroit Loses Three Straight

Right?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Just read the title of the thread and tell me it doesn't sound sarcastic.

When you're done doing that, ask yourself if you'd really be that shocked if Detroit didn't make the playoffs.

They have four division games remaining, and Tampa. I think they go 2-3 best case scenario.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

wrong brady and belichik that's why
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HMFIC99

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    wrong brady and belichik that's why
    We've moved on to Chicago. Unless you think the Pats are going to beat the Lions again next week?

I/O

feel free to correct or chime in on any of my actual non homer thoughts

Well the line has moved as expected. I'm thinking this one will be 7 or (7-) minus a ton of juice. This opener was set knowing the Lions were going to get pounded (Vegas just sat back and let the car drive itself). The two road loses could not be a surprise but not getting a touchdown against NE has to be. Maybe missing Bush for the last two weeks against better teams is key. The Bears have looked like crap spotting two weak teams with no qb's a 10-0 before getting gift wins from each of those opponents (TB gave them FOUR freebie turnovers). Bears have shown no real heart all season, and now may have some more injury issues on a shit defense. Have shown no real desire in two must win games vs scrubs. What's worse is the coaching is eroding more. Then you got Detroit doing there yearly swan song routine but this time with a non Jewish head coach. Bears have completely faltered this year in these spots this year. Books are laying in wait for more Lion money. Looking at all those beautiful trends, the Bears have won SU and won ATS, or lost SU and lost ATS in this position. I'm thinking Detroit may be having the SAME PROBLEM the Bears have. Weak coaching. Coaching and game planning from a new coach the league has figured out.

This game could KILL a ton of teasers/pars/Turkey Days for the public with the other two games Thursday capped to be much closer. Don't forget it's Detroit on Turkey Day. Detroit ML in this match up looks gold to start things off on the holiday and the football weekend. If Detroit loses this one, they got two cupcakes and the Bears again to pad wins and a final roadie showdown with the cow tippers. If the Bears win they got three straight home games, with the elements, and Minny again in the dome.

Gun to my head right now.....I like the UNDER. You got two qb's of mid range talent that need to be coddled and protected from themselves. Big division game could be decided by one qb or other. Two coaching staffs on weak legs themselves. Gonna plan SAFE. Detroit's D is gonna be a big focus I think for them. Bears offensive numbers vs a weaker TB defense in a must win game were horrid. The Bears offensive and defensive brain trust saw Detroit twice last year. Bears held the "high powered" Matty Ice and company to 13 in the dome earlier this year. Detroit actually ran the ball 25 times in what ended up a blowout vs NE (don't know how many of those were qb runs though). They might run 30 or more times this game vs this Bears D.

On another note, in 15 plus years in multiple forums on the net I don't think I've ever used the word "WE". I guess I gotta get my own mouse. Don't know why I've waited. I hope I don't smash it in my pocket within the 1st hour or so of naming it Ben.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

No way saints lose 3 home games in a row right?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    Haven't looked much into that one. Although I did find it interesting to hear a convo from NO half pint qb about his future. Tells me he's looking ahead. I don't care how much he says he wants to be in the team picture of qb's that won two SB's. He's looking past football right now.

I/O

to start...I'll buy out if something changes my mind

I think it's gonna drop

1 unit

Chic/Det Under 48 (-$120)

I/O

looks like you were onto something

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

They will not loose to the Bears

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Detroit should be 4-7.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Detroit should be 4-7.
    Chilly this would be a monster win in what has been a horrid season putting the Bears right back in the picture. If this line doesnt hit and stay at 7 the Bears are the side.

I/O

I think it's gonna drop

1 unit

adding...

1 unit

Bears +7

Half Unit

Bears ml +$255

I/O

fwiw...

As far as the Bears veteran fat ass Briggs being out, it is prolly more of a plus for the defense. A warm body out of the stands would be an improvement. He sees the field because of his current massive contract and what he did years ago. Doubt he sees a football field ever again after the season ends. The other big injury on defense is a rookie db Fuller that now will prolly play. I read Bush has been practicing and will see limited time in game. He'll prolly be a decoy and imo would be more of a distraction and hinder and already weak offense in his first game back. Maybe not game two or three back but his first back might hurt things.

I/O

I think it's gonna drop

1 unit

total now down a hook to 47

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Cutler vs Stafford

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

I lost on Monday with the same fukking thinking...

Saints already lost 3 in a row at home

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Jayne Cuntler is unstable. I could see him giving easy field position.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Cutler vs Stafford
    no doubt

and I've been burned before, and there's a thread

But I'm gonna play with the books. I lose, then I lose. I have had a few pops. My first two NBA plays tonight were hot piles of steam, and I KNEW it when I made them but had to go with the system that has been paying me all season. I get automatic headaches when I take my second drink. My brother doesn't respond when I text him and now I don't ever. We texted today and I get "10-4" back which means GFY. It's dark out and I'm wearing sun glasses. The wife hates me because she hates her last job and I made the mistake of looking at the Lakers score on my phone and there was a pause after she rambled on drunk for 35 minutes about her previous employer and how much her and her sister are the same (NOT). I might have a cavity. I'm not black so I have no chance at being on tv right now. I actually spent a good part of the night rooting for Koby and some oriental cat to cover 8 and save my night, which NEVER happens (thank you for the cover brother Koby).

Long story short.......

Sat with a lot of people tonight at an upper end bar/restaurant. Had side bets on hockey etc. Bartender came over and had a story about how we have fought before and he has seen us do fine after the fact which tells me my wife made things obvious which is never good. Lotta talk of how the Bears, along with a couple other teams, have NO shot at winning. People have just set up there pools etc for the weekend.

Oh yeah

Thank you Lakers
    Last edited by I/O; 11-27-14 at 12:47 AM.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    Jayne Cuntler is unstable. I could see him giving easy field position.
    He's been told, "stick with the game plan or you will be benched"

He also came out and told the press, "we have to take shots down field"

Which means in reality, they are never gonna do that. Especially with the Detroit front coming in. This game is all about ball control and TURNOVERS. Even the Bears always solid field goal kicker has been a question of late.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    I lost on Monday with the same fukking thinking...

Saints already lost 3 in a row at home
    I didn't play the game bro.

GL on this weekends action

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

feel free to correct or chime in on any of my actual non homer thoughts

Well the line has moved as expected. I'm thinking this one will be 7 or (7-) minus a ton of juice. This opener was set knowing the Lions were going to get pounded (Vegas just sat back and let the car drive itself). The two road loses could not be a surprise but not getting a touchdown against NE has to be. Maybe missing Bush for the last two weeks against better teams is key. The Bears have looked like crap spotting two weak teams with no qb's a 10-0 before getting gift wins from each of those opponents (TB gave them FOUR freebie turnovers). Bears have shown no real heart all season, and now may have some more injury issues on a shit defense. Have shown no real desire in two must win games vs scrubs. What's worse is the coaching is eroding more. Then you got Detroit doing there yearly swan song routine but this time with a non Jewish head coach. Bears have completely faltered this year in these spots this year. Books are laying in wait for more Lion money. Looking at all those beautiful trends, the Bears have won SU and won ATS, or lost SU and lost ATS in this position. I'm thinking Detroit may be having the SAME PROBLEM the Bears have. Weak coaching. Coaching and game planning from a new coach the league has figured out.

This game could KILL a ton of teasers/pars/Turkey Days for the public with the other two games Thursday capped to be much closer. Don't forget it's Detroit on Turkey Day. Detroit ML in this match up looks gold to start things off on the holiday and the football weekend. If Detroit loses this one, they got two cupcakes and the Bears again to pad wins and a final roadie showdown with the cow tippers. If the Bears win they got three straight home games, with the elements, and Minny again in the dome.

Gun to my head right now.....I like the UNDER. You got two qb's of mid range talent that need to be coddled and protected from themselves. Big division game could be decided by one qb or other. Two coaching staffs on weak legs themselves. Gonna plan SAFE. Detroit's D is gonna be a big focus I think for them. Bears offensive numbers vs a weaker TB defense in a must win game were horrid. The Bears offensive and defensive brain trust saw Detroit twice last year. Bears held the "high powered" Matty Ice and company to 13 in the dome earlier this year. Detroit actually ran the ball 25 times in what ended up a blowout vs NE (don't know how many of those were qb runs though). They might run 30 or more times this game vs this Bears D.

On another note, in 15 plus years in multiple forums on the net I don't think I've ever used the word "WE". I guess I gotta get my own mouse. Don't know why I've waited. I hope I don't smash it in my pocket within the 1st hour or so of naming it Ben.
    books dont care. turkey day is square city more often than not. everyone give it back by end of weekend anyways.. sign me up as one of the squares all over the lions. your bears been playing a unique new defensive scheme where they let wrs simply run free all over the field. certainly unconventional but not very effective..

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    books dont care. turkey day is square city more often than not. everyone give it back by end of weekend anyways.. sign me up as one of the squares all over the lions. your bears been playing a unique new defensive scheme where they let wrs simply run free all over the field. certainly unconventional but not very effective..
    prolly right Bank

They definitely ain't "my" Bears. But this talent, at some point, has to show. I'm not saying that horseshit "they're due". I'm saying this sets up very well. A weak Bears team just crawling by two scrubs. A Detroit team (that I have two futures on) that is "suppose" to come home after two loses to strong opponents and crush the lame team.

I got the Bears. The Under. And some ML. They lose I'll be fine. Will be line watching though.

I/O

Bears should have gotten torched by TB if their QB actually gave throwing downfield a thought. Receivers were open all over the place. I think Stafford might be the same. And Detroit will have a game plan with running in mind.

2daBank

Bears should have gotten torched by TB if their QB actually gave throwing downfield a thought. Receivers were open all over the place. I think Stafford might be the same. And Detroit will have a game plan with running in mind.
    i dont trust stafford at all but even if the whole not covering wr thing confuses him for a while (and it might) think at some point he will figure it out..

I/O

yeah I'm prolly creating Cinderella out of a sows ear

won't be the first time

need the Under, if the rest pukes so be it

Arrowhead
    Arrowhead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit pulls this one out! They are a good team with bad luck.

2daBank

prolly right Bank

They definitely ain't "my" Bears. But this talent, at some point, has to show. I'm not saying that horseshit "they're due". I'm saying this sets up very well. A weak Bears team just crawling by two scrubs. A Detroit team (that I have two futures on) that is "suppose" to come home after two loses to strong opponents and crush the lame team.

I got the Bears. The Under. And some ML. They lose I'll be fine. Will be line watching though.
    shit, who knows bro? certainly not me. im having my worst nfl season in the last 5-6 years. nhl and college hoops couldnt get here soon enough. now that they in full swing ive scaled nfl back some, if i had any sense id probably leave alone completely (unfortunately i dont)..

it prob not a real good idea laying 7 damn points with a det team that almost as big of fukkups as the bears. i just cant get over the amount of guys i see running free in bears secondary on a weekly basis. seems like a correctable problem yet one i see reoccurring week after week. cant help but think Stafford and co will have a much needed field day against that mess.. between those wrs vs that secondary and i would think at least 1 or 2 short fields set up by cuntler mistakes i think lions hang 31 or so today. on other side the d is a whole different animal at home on the fast track, think they can limit forte then do what they do best and put cutler on his ass all gm..

im against you on total as well, think bears can manage 17-20. id happily take a lions cover and you can have the total tho! regardless gl and have a happy turkey day

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Detroit wins this one. This one will be similar to last years rout.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

We forget how good DET really is, they just ran into the respective #1 seeds on the road. Now it's CHI at home.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GoeGurt

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    We forget how good DET really is, they just ran into the respective #1 seeds on the road. Now it's CHI at home.
    while im on det, i dont think they all that good. in a league where qb is everything theirs isnt anything special..

AceChampion
    AceChampion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3122

How much do you like this over, banker? I've been adding to this play since it opened and I love it. Think we see 14-17 points off turnovers alone. Bears/lions shootout I hope. Lol

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Detroit will now begin their typical late season winning ways and run towards the Super Bowl. Just like always.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

+1
    The bears are terrible even Stafford should torch them. Det -7

12 Last