lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Packers peaking too early.

We saw this a few years ago then the giants came in and fixed the issue. No doubt they look unbeatable right now but gb just doesn't win in the playoffs since the superbowl. I think they beat minny ( big whoop) and then sf keeps slapping them around. I say they have peaked. This team can't be that good.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Wrong pal. I can tell you why but I'm not going to change your mind. You'll see.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

This guy hates the packers

lakerboy

Hooper what's to like?

Wizzle just tell me why please.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Agree

t-wizzle

Two big reasons:

1.) Lacy gives them a legit pounding running game. He forces defenses to respect the run and they can't just play a two deep safety look.

2.) The defense is healthier and better than its been since 2010.

Mostly it's the safety thing though. Eagles played single high safety today and you saw what happened.

lakerboy

First off forget the eagles. They aren't good.

The top teams in the nfc are as follows

Cards- best all around team
    Seahags- wilson keeps them in every game
    Packers- only cause they have rodgers
    Niners- they have so much talent

Things look rosy right now. Let's see when the games get hard.

Lacy isn't good. He is too slow.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Problem is neither Niners nor Seahawks make the playoffs and if Packers get Home field then it will be hard for the other teams that make the playoffs to contain them.

t-wizzle

Nobody wants to tackle that guy in December and January.

Cardinals suck. You wanna talk about peaking too early, they are the team you should be mentioning. Either Seattle or San Fran is not going to make the playoffs. That's almost a given because Lions are getting in and so are at least one of either Eagles or Cowboys (probably Eagles).

I think you bring up a good point about the 49ers though. That's a hurdle the Packers need to get over.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Falcons are saving to make a run in the playoffs. No need to be peaking right now.

lakerboy

Cards aren't peaking. They are playing like normal. Gb is bowing there load bro. If gb had manning you wouldn't like them. What is rodgers playoff record?

lakerboy

Cards aren't peaking. They are playing like normal. Gb is blowing there load bro. If gb had manning you wouldn't like them. What is rodgers playoff record?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Falcons are saving to make a run in the playoffs. No need to be peaking right now.
    Could be.

Btw manning had a home game in stlouis today right?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Cards aren't peaking. They are playing like normal. Gb is bowing there load bro. If gb had manning you wouldn't like them. What is rodgers playoff record?
    5-4

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

What an idiotic thread.

t-wizzle

Nah the Packers are nothing like Denver and Rodgers is nothing like Manning.

Manning throws everything underneath and tries to manipulate the game with all his stupid gyrations at the line. Rodgers takes the snap and fires it downfield. Rodgers has a cannon and he can move. He's going to go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. I respect that kind of talent and I respect that they never seem to panic and stay the course.

I think his playoff record is 6-4. That will change.

lakerboy

Meader said he is 5-4. Not much better than peyton. He will not win the superbowl this season.

t-wizzle

Meader said he is 5-4. Not much better than peyton. He will not win the superbowl this season.
    He's 6-4 I just checked.

Peyton is a joke. No reason to compare Rodgers to that dope. Anyways, Rodgers has just as many rings in 10 fewer seasons.

I know you like the Bears but the Packers aren't going away as long as they have this guy. They are going to contend every year for the next 10 years.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

to say a team is peaking at the right time is nonsense.

so they should just sneak in the playoffs and get the 6 seed.

because they havent absolutely bumbumraped at home this year and in basically history of rodgers/mccarthy....right?

ehhhhhhhhhh wrong.

packers have to be the favorite to come out of the nfc. dallas could give them trouble with the run game

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    to say a team is peaking at the right time is nonsense.

so they should just sneak in the playoffs and get the 6 seed.

because they havent absolutely bumbumraped at home this year and in basically history of rodgers/mccarthy....right?

ehhhhhhhhhh wrong.

packers have to be the favorite to come out of the nfc. dallas could give them trouble with the run game

I get what he's saying. The teams that get hot late are the ones that always seem to win.

What if GB hasn't even peaked?

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    He's 6-4 I just checked.

Peyton is a joke. No reason to compare Rodgers to that dope. Anyways, Rodgers has just as many rings in 10 fewer seasons.

I know you like the Bears but the Packers aren't going away as long as they have this guy. They are going to contend every year for the next 10 years.
    Last edited by meader99; 11-16-14 at 08:31 PM. Reason: duh

meader99

I get what he's saying. The teams that get hot late are the ones that always seem to win.

They haven't.... Their defense is still improving and their special teams needs some work.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post

Had to edit this one eh?

meader99

He's 6-4 I just checked.

I only count 5 wins.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

this isnt hockey your not riding a hot goalie, the better team usually wins. playoff games are always tough and id like to be at home

im taking the statement with a grain of salt, but this team hasnt peaked out of all the teams in the league they have the highest ceiling in the league....due to the fact rodgers doesnt turn it over.

they're offense is always going to be explosive and as long as they odnt turn it over, they will be hard to stop. but can their defense finally make some noise?

t-wizzle

this isnt hockey your not riding a hot goalie, the better team usually wins. playoff games are always tough and id like to be at home

im taking the statement with a grain of salt, but this team hasnt peaked out of all the teams in the league they have the highest ceiling in the league....due to the fact rodgers doesnt turn it over.

they're offense is always going to be explosive and as long as they odnt turn it over, they will be hard to stop. but can their defense finally make some noise?

You're preaching to the choir mike. Green Bay is the best team in the league in my opinion and I've been saying this since August.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Packers are that good at home, they hold teams to one of the lowest QBRs in the league when playing at home. That is the major difference for this team. They have not beat anyone on the road and their away schedule the rest of the year is a joke. Looking they will easily have home field through the NFC playoffs where they will be very very tough to beat if the D continues this way. Looking forward to the Pats going out to GB

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree somewhat with LB here honestly. But I can see valid points on both sides including Wizzles even haha. That defense is looking somewhat better but still not sold on them. And no doubt Lacy's value can not be undersold here. Big key will be playoffs going thru GB in Jan that would be a HUGE + and top priority. I always like those teams that are built tough, have experience, and a capable QB that get hot in Dec moreso than Nov. But let's face it the nfc is pretty weak this year and I don't see anyone going into Lambeau and coming out alive. Cards are for real no doubt but I would feel a little more comfortable with Palmer back there.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

You're preaching to the choir mike. Green Bay is the best team in the league in my opinion and I've been saying this since August.
    yes i know i remember your threads and couldnt agree more. i was expecting an mvp season from the packers

they were 15-1 dominant and would have been last year if not for rodgers injuries, and they have even more talent this year than last. I like what they are doing what matthews on defense. and peppers has some life for once. clinton dix is playing good, but they just lack something it seems on that side of the ball.

im a pats homer, but i love the lions and packers especially.

rodgers is my favorite player of all time.

the things he does are unprecedented and anyone who says he is not the best all around QB in the league does not watch him play enough.

throw in the fact that they have eddie lacy finally going, when he is barrel rolling through defenses, they look SCARED to tackle him, and that only opens up more sets and hot routes for rodgers off Play action etc.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

He's just impossible to stop it seems. That game against the saints (worst sports betting loss i have ever taken) seemed liek a fluke. if they played 10 times they would win and score 35+ 7 out of 10 times. just wasnt their night, and sometimes the ball deflects your way, sometimes it doesnt.

t-wizzle

He's just impossible to stop it seems. That game against the saints (worst sports betting loss i have ever taken) seemed liek a fluke. if they played 10 times they would win and score 35+ 7 out of 10 times. just wasnt their night, and sometimes the ball deflects your way, sometimes it doesnt.
    Shit happens. That was a tough spot. NFL is a week by week business and everything pointed to a Saints win there. Nothing was surprising about that game.

meader99

You stop Rodgers like any quarterback. Pressure, specifically front 4 pressure. They are one injury away on the O-line from having serious problems. You give Rodgers time and the secondary is irrelevant. The physical fronts give Green Bay problems.

lakerboy

Gb used to dominate at home in the playoffs in the cold. That has not been the case since vick came in and destroyed them.

Nothing has changed. Even better if pack get a bye. More rest. More rust.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Gb used to dominate at home in the playoffs in the cold. That has not been the case since vick came in and destroyed them.

Nothing has changed. Even better if pack get a bye. More rest. More rust.
    what???? vick and the eagles destroyed them???? what?????

your thinking of keep, no?

the packers defense is the issue 90% of the time when they are lsoing..

but yes, they're offensive line is scary. the key is running the football succesfully early.

lakerboy

what???? vick and the eagles destroyed them???? what?????

your thinking of keep, no?

the packers defense is the issue 90% of the time when they are lsoing..

but yes, they're offensive line is scary. the key is running the football succesfully early.
    vick and the falcons. since that game gb who used to never lose a playoff game at home cant win anymore besides the minny game

123 Last