crispix
    crispix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Detroit/Atlanta in London

What's everyone's take on this game???

I know on paper the Lions look like the logical pick....and, thus, should cover the spread (-3.5 as of now). But, I think the 'across the pond' aspect might be a factor? Of course, that MAY be an effect on both teams....

What's everyone legitimate take on this morning game??

Kobe
    Kobe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

MAY be an effect on both teams? Of course it effects both teams. I don't know how you could possibly think otherwise.

That being said, I placed a bet on Detroid -3.5. I'm currently about 2-12 in NFL bets this year so if you want to win, Atlanta is probably the smart play.

crispix
    crispix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I said 'may' as they've been over there a couple days, so (being an international traveler myself), both teams could have adjusted already. However, with Detriot's DT (Mosley) being sent home for "conduct detrimental to the team" could mean - much like the Jets a few weeks ago in San Fran - the players don't have their heads in the game.

Hmmmm.... I DO like ATL in this matchup.

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Under 45.5 maybe seems kinda low trappy even

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm probably staying off this one but I like the over, for the fact that NFL is trying to market to new fans, they would encourage a high scoring, excitement game.. I bet the over on the MIA/OAK Game in London earlier in the year and it was an easy cash, granted Miami came out firing on all cylinders, but also have to consider no MegaTron or Reggie Bush.. and DET Defense is good.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

I like the Lions because the Falcons o-line is putrid, might buy it down to 3 though.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

agree - total keeps dropping but I really do like the OVER.

the purpose of NFL games going to london is marketing, nothing else. We should see plenty of points. Yes Detroit has been a defensive dynamite but and Atlanta have been nothing short of terrible but something tells me we're getting a fun game with both teams firing on offence.

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

suit up & load up Det -4

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN View Post
    I'm probably staying off this one but I like the over, for the fact that NFL is trying to market to new fans, they would encourage a high scoring, excitement game.. I bet the over on the MIA/OAK Game in London earlier in the year and it was an easy cash, granted Miami came out firing on all cylinders, but also have to consider no MegaTron or Reggie Bush.. and DET Defense is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    agree - total keeps dropping but I really do like the OVER.

the purpose of NFL games going to london is marketing, nothing else. We should see plenty of points. Yes Detroit has been a defensive dynamite but and Atlanta have been nothing short of terrible but something tells me we're getting a fun game with both teams firing on offence.
    i agree with you guys. early on i believe the london gms were real shitfest but the last 5 have went over and with nfl trying to take over a new early time slot you gotta think they want exactly what you are saying.. makes sense it dropping cause on paper lions dline should chew up atl and it would only take det 20 points to get the W. im inclined to buy into these clowns promoting scoring tho, especially in this early time slot.

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Got 3.5k on the over.Can't Market nfl with just five tds and a high abundance of three and outs

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Got 3.5k on the over.Can't Market nfl with just five tds and a high abundance of three and outs
    Proof?

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy22 View Post
    Proof?
    Got slammed. No shame in providing proof but I can't rationalise posting a losing bet. Stay hot buddy, tailed you on texans but this one hurt.