53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5233

Friendly conversation I had with my crew yesterday.......

At the usual watering hole for the games on Sunday.. After several adult beverages and cigars, my buddy Sal says to the table " Lost that bet but at least I was on the right side". I replied rather loudly WTF does that mean. He says " Irish, when i bet I want to be on the right side, even if its a loss". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This is coming from an educated, successful guy, someone I've know for 45 years, and someone I felt I knew very well. We passed around the table our opinions on the Quote and he even got support from another of the guys who tried to make an argument in support of the statement. The gist of the argument was that when a wager was placed ( in his case 2 dimes which I would consider a significant one), that you couldn't control a specific injury or a turnover at a critical time, making the assumption that had neither of these things happened, he would have been a winner. This occurrence would some how lessen the blow of the loss because " At least I was on the right side"
    This, was total BS as far as I was concerned. There are no moral victories in gambling, you're either cashing tickets or rippn them up.....and that's that!

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

sometimes you have fluke wins where the massive dog wins. It doesn't mean your sharp if you took the dog; it means your lucky. The right side is the side that wins 9 out of 10 times in that matchup.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

He is only on the right side, if he is ALWAYS on the right side, in every bet. That way he can grind out profits. You don't know if you have the right side until you can grind out profits consistently.