Footballlllll
    Footballlllll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

can someone explain why ppl prefer titans over chiefs?

i swear KC is the far better team at home... Titans lost Chris Johnson one of their only offensive weapons... how do you guys like em to go in to kc & somehow cover the small spread? *pensive

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Both offenses are pretty weak so it should come down to D and ST. KC will dominate both.

Footballlllll
    Footballlllll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Both offenses are pretty weak so it should come down to D and ST. KC will dominate both.
    KC was explosive on offense last year, they slipped at the end but still... KC -4 ANYDAY

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

KC is overrated and feasted on a soft schedule last year, plus they lost a lot of talent this off season.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

What Slacker said and there offense was not explosive it revolves around 1 guy Charles. Defense nothing special either mid of the pack on D which only looked great last year vs backups and bad teams certainly not better than Titans D in my opinion. These 2 played a great gm last year and Tenny was gonna win till the smaht kid from Haavaad threw it away.

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC wrapping up last year winning 2 out their last 8 and I feel like people are hesitant about the Chiefs and unenthused about Alex Smith in general. He is a good ball control/possession type quarterback but I don't pay him much mind. I expect the Titans defense to keep them in this one but week 1 and with the spread venturing away from TN getting a nice help to nauseating 3.5 or thereabouts I am not excited about but if I take anyone its likely gonna be TN.

Do people expect New coach Whisenhut (Titans) to have TN in this one? Whisenhunt is 7-0 ATS in road openers in his NFL career. Chiefs surrender the most points (191) in preseason directly after the last impression they made on us by blowing a 38-10 lead in the playoffs to somehow manage to find a way to lose 45-44 to The Colts to end a season that saw them be statistical LOSERS in 12 of their 17 games last year.

So it just feels to some I guess like there is a chance that the Chiefs actually suck. Maybe not as bad as they have in recent times, (except basically for the first half of last year), but you have to admit their recent play 2nd half LY imploding in the playoffs and giving up league high 191 points preseason does certainly suggest that they might actually suck.

People are, like, "Show Me." with the Chiefs. Rightly so?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

kc has nothing on the offensive side of the ball outside of charles and im not all that sure he gonna be as effective playing behind a reshuffled patchwork oline. on the other hand titans sport a pretty good oline and have really good young wrs that are now in the hands of a really good offensive mind. the case can be made against locker but ive always thought if anything the kid is a gamer and i think he will make a lot of progress under whisenhunt who can coach qbs.. if kc cant get to the qb their secondary will get exposed plenty against this team just like they did down the stretch last year.. ill certainly concede arrowhead not a easy place to play but if titans can manage 20 points they will be in this thing till the end..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Kc does not suck just ALOT of smoke and mirrors last season and they stayed pretty healthy so had luck there as well. They will win 6/8 games this year I think and this should be a good gm. Not sure I will bet it but Titans would be the play for me + points if I take a position on this one.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Even the final scores fooled some that don't watch games. People like the o.p. here who think their offense is "explosive" need to realize during that 9-0 start most those games were like 17-13 type scores just one possession games going into the 4th then some very bad qb play from guys like Sheli and Fitz to name a couple padded their scores with late int's. Nobody on the edge scares any d coordinator and no longer have Gonzo ov the middle. It's run run run and dink and dunk with Charles all day. He was right at 50% of their offense last year.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Even the final scores fooled some that don't watch games. People like the o.p. here who think their offense is "explosive" need to realize during that 9-0 start most those games were like 17-13 type scores just one possession games going into the 4th then some very bad qb play from guys like Sheli and Fitz to name a couple padded their scores with late int's. Nobody on the edge scares any d coordinator and no longer have Gonzo ov the middle. It's run run run and dink and dunk with Charles all day. He was right at 50% of their offense last year.
    they dont even have bowe for week 1, not that he anything special but he the only thing on the outside. i passed on charles every opportunity i had to draft him in fantasy leagues this yr cause the oline is a shell of itself and i just dont know why every team wouldnt just key on him 100% of the time. their te might actually be gonzo like, well i dunno bout that but he looks pretty good and smarter ppl than me pretty high on him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah Banker you and me probably know this squad better than most being in the vicinity. Agree on Charles too he's a horse and one of the games best but rb's have a short shelf life and he gets used more than a urinal at Arrowhead hahaha. Already had one blown knee then got hurt again in Indy. Maybe De'Anthony Thomas can pick up some of the slack. Never consider Bowe a true #1 either he's hit and miss and drops too many. Near bottom of the list far as #1's across the league goes.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

I'll be starting justin hunter this game in FF. He will have a field day.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah Banker you and me probably know this squad better than most being in the vicinity. Agree on Charles too he's a horse and one of the games best but rb's have a short shelf life and he gets used more than a urinal at Arrowhead hahaha. Already had one blown knee then got hurt again in Indy. Maybe De'Anthony Thomas can pick up some of the slack. Never consider Bowe a true #1 either he's hit and miss and drops too many. Near bottom of the list far as #1's across the league goes.
    yea bowe garbage, but he all they got and he not playing this gm. unless locker is terrible i just dont think kc scoring enough in this gm to pull away. i really like titans wrs vs kc's secondary, using wright in some weekly games and think im gonna start him over keenan allen in leagues this week..

what you think about your raiders starting Carr? cant be worse than schaub woulda been, i actually thought after bridgewater carr was the most nfl ready of the qbs in this years draft. im sure ryan gonna dial up shit he has never seen before but jets really shorthanded in the secondary so if he can hang in vs the blitz there should be plays to be made...
    Last edited by 2daBank; 09-05-14 at 09:59 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    I'll be starting justin hunter this game in FF. He will have a field day.
    i like wright better (especially in ppr which all i play), actually have both in a few leagues but hunter more a guy i plan on being viable later on in the season once he surpasses nasty nate as the #2..

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Raiders got nothin to lose honestly. When we signed Schaub I knew it was a temporary hope that maybe he could be solid again. Future might be with Carr who knows? Think the line will be better but like KC we don't have anyone that can take ov a gm on the edge. Had several young guys with potential in recent years but maybe Moore will pan out. Like Streater and Jones is solid but again nobody keeping coordinators on other side burning the midnight oil. What were we gonna do with Schaubs sorry ass anyway win 4/5 games maybe? Give it to the kid let him get his feet wet now and maybe the future is bright. Div is Donks anyway till Manning retires so maybe then Carr has 2/3 years under him and taking the next step to making the Nation relevant again?!?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Pass. Why bet on either bad team?

punkbhstl
    punkbhstl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

KC lost 3/5 of their starting O-Line from last year... And their corners are suspect... I feel like the Titans defense is gonna do work.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Your note says, "Money is the motivation!". Are you testing us?

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Idiot.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well OP I guess that "explosive" offense decided to take the day off ....maybe next wk Had a winning day but despite knowing Tenny was a solid pick I layed off like a dumbass. Regardless hope you got some correct insight from banker and myself. That offense you saw vs Colts was a mirage and not what they really are. And don't listen to the talking heads at espn who try and sell Reid as an offensive "guru" he's not and never was as a h.c. not even in Philly.