Kek13
    Kek13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Early Power Rankings

These are my Pre Training Camp power rankings I ve gone through every team just going to post and Im going to post what I believe the strengths and weaknesses of each team are, if you feel im overrating or underrating a team let me know why. I wll discuss any team
    My First 6 teams I ranked I feel are by far the most talented and least questions

1. Seattle: Team Is stacked only weakness maybe the right side of the oline, Tony McDaniel should replace Bryant
    2. San Francisco: Secondary and Aldon Smith are concerns, Kaep needs to develop further, In my eyes best oline in football.
    3 Denver: Peyton is a concern, as well as LG, DLine is weak, secondary should be strong
    4. New England: Dline is a concern as well as Gronk this team is not 4th without gronk, WR and some questions at Guard and Center
    5. Green Bay: LT is could be a concern, If BJ Raiji decides to play to his potential and anchor the 3-4 this Def can be very dangerous, still concerned with Hawk and Peppers
    6. New Orleans: Armstead supposedly isn't a concern, Center is a huge question mark, weak at ILB, but still have brees and a lot of talent. I like the addition of byrd. Graham holds out that would be huge concern.

The first 6 were pretty much chalk but the next tier I feel are talented and underrated but are certainly teams
    that could go either way. Training camp and preseason probably effect these teams

7. Pittsburgh Steeler: I like this teams oline they have a lot of young pieces and finally if they can keep big ben clean he can go off, defense should be good and is not as old and run down as people think, although please replace ike taylor someone needs to come in and remove him from his starting spot. This is also assuming shazier and tuitt are decent starters.
    8. Arizona Cardinals. Need to find a RT and a RG, Massie has talent but hasn't shown it but has to be better than Sowell, Watford needs to become the RG. This ranking changes a ton if Washington and Mathieu do not contribute the whole year. There are a lot of questions on this team but very talented if they are healthy and stay out of trouble.
    9. Miami: get a lot of doubters on this ranking but the team might have a top 5 defense, as bad as this OLINE was last year they still went 8-8 with all the distractions. The oline has improved a ton this offseaon on PAPER, and they have adequate RB. The big if is Tannehill he has to hit Wallace deep and this offense can explode.
    10. Philadelphia Eagles: I still question Nick Foles but this team still has a lot of talent. I am not worried about Jackson leaving but this also assuming that Jordan Matthews can be a deep threat. Defensly there secondary is a concern, but overall this is up to how Foles performs and if this offense is a fluke.
    11. Kansas City: The offensive line still has a lot of concerns but the def still should be one of the best.
    12. Buffalo: this is on talent alone, if Manuel can become a top 20 qb this team is good
    13.Baltimore: There are questions on the offensive line def at RT, defensively they should be good some questions at the two safeties spots. I also have concern with the WR.
    14. Detroit Lions
    15. Dallas: This team wins 10 games if Romo and Lee stay healthy. Romo shows hes healthy they will move higher
    16. Colts: Weak division probably win the division again, although titans are sleepers if locker stays healthy
    17.Titans
    18.Browns
    19.Bengals
    20.Panthers
    21.Redskins
    22. Chargers
    23.Vikings
    24. Falcons
    25.Bears
    26.Giants
    27.Texans
    28.Raiders
    29.Jets
    30.Rams
    31.Bucs
    32.Jags

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Kek13 View Post
    These are my Pre Training Camp power rankings I ve gone through every team just going to post and Im going to post what I believe the strengths and weaknesses of each team are, if you feel im overrating or underrating a team let me know why. I wll discuss any team
    My First 6 teams I ranked I feel are by far the most talented and least questions

1. Seattle: Team Is stacked only weakness maybe the right side of the oline, Tony McDaniel should replace Bryant
    2. San Francisco: Secondary and Aldon Smith are concerns, Kaep needs to develop further, In my eyes best oline in football.
    3 Denver: Peyton is a concern, as well as LG, DLine is weak, secondary should be strong
    4. New England: Dline is a concern as well as Gronk this team is not 4th without gronk, WR and some questions at Guard and Center
    5. Green Bay: LT is could be a concern, If BJ Raiji decides to play to his potential and anchor the 3-4 this Def can be very dangerous, still concerned with Hawk and Peppers
    6. New Orleans: Armstead supposedly isn't a concern, Center is a huge question mark, weak at ILB, but still have brees and a lot of talent. I like the addition of byrd. Graham holds out that would be huge concern.

The first 6 were pretty much chalk but the next tier I feel are talented and underrated but are certainly teams
    that could go either way. Training camp and preseason probably effect these teams

7. Pittsburgh Steeler: I like this teams oline they have a lot of young pieces and finally if they can keep big ben clean he can go off, defense should be good and is not as old and run down as people think, although please replace ike taylor someone needs to come in and remove him from his starting spot. This is also assuming shazier and tuitt are decent starters.
    8. Arizona Cardinals. Need to find a RT and a RG, Massie has talent but hasn't shown it but has to be better than Sowell, Watford needs to become the RG. This ranking changes a ton if Washington and Mathieu do not contribute the whole year. There are a lot of questions on this team but very talented if they are healthy and stay out of trouble.
    9. Miami: get a lot of doubters on this ranking but the team might have a top 5 defense, as bad as this OLINE was last year they still went 8-8 with all the distractions. The oline has improved a ton this offseaon on PAPER, and they have adequate RB. The big if is Tannehill he has to hit Wallace deep and this offense can explode.
    10. Philadelphia Eagles: I still question Nick Foles but this team still has a lot of talent. I am not worried about Jackson leaving but this also assuming that Jordan Matthews can be a deep threat. Defensly there secondary is a concern, but overall this is up to how Foles performs and if this offense is a fluke.
    11. Kansas City: The offensive line still has a lot of concerns but the def still should be one of the best.
    12. Buffalo: this is on talent alone, if Manuel can become a top 20 qb this team is good
    13.Baltimore: There are questions on the offensive line def at RT, defensively they should be good some questions at the two safeties spots. I also have concern with the WR.
    14. Detroit Lions
    15. Dallas: This team wins 10 games if Romo and Lee stay healthy. Romo shows hes healthy they will move higher
    16. Colts: Weak division probably win the division again, although titans are sleepers if locker stays healthy
    17.Titans
    18.Browns
    19.Bengals
    20.Panthers
    21.Redskins
    22. Chargers
    23.Vikings
    24. Falcons
    25.Bears
    26.Giants
    27.Texans
    28.Raiders
    29.Jets
    30.Rams
    31.Bucs
    32.Jags

Why?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Denver is vastly over-rated. As a matter of fact, other than Seattle and San Francisco, this entire list is way off base.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Appreciate your efforts pal, really. Miami at 9 is baffling to me though.

Dallas is not a 10 win team. I got them finishing last that division. What have they done to upgrade their secondary? Nothing. All other teams in that division have made moves this offseason while they sat still and lost guys cause they have no cap room. Tough schedule as well. 8-9 win team.

Bengals should be higher. Bucs should be decent this year too .

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Denver is vastly over-rated. As a matter of fact, other than Seattle and San Francisco, this entire list is way off base.
    I agree. Impossible to estimate power ratings at this point in the season, heck some guys won't their release power ratings until after week 2 in the regular season. We haven't even seen the rookies on the field yet, much less the free agents and guys coming back from injury. Right now I have SEA & SF as #1a and #1b, then 30 teams tied for #3 thru #32. I gotta see teams playing together in pads before I stick my neck out very far.

Vinnie Paz

I don't see how Denvers overrated? Obviously best team in AFC and a top 3 overall team. There's no debate top 5. And I'm FAR from a manning/broncos homer

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    I don't see how Denvers overrated? Obviously best team in AFC and a top 3 overall team. There's no debate top 5. And I'm FAR from a manning/broncos homer
    It's NOT obvious that DEN is the best team in the AFC. There's a huge gap between #2 and #3, saying "DEN is top 3" as if to put them in a group with SEA and SF is silly, especially after what we just saw. NE and DEN are the teams to beat in the AFC, but there isn't a huge gap there like there is with SF & SEA in the NFC. If anything, I'll say right now than the Saints are better than DEN & NE. I expect a "surprise" team out of the AFC this year, maybe SD or PIT, not sure yet.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably one of the worst power rankings ive seen thus far
    steelers are definitely not top 10, same as miami
    buffalo is definitely not number 12. 4 above the colts thats laughable
    chargers number 22 when they made the playoffs last year and only improved plus key players coming back
    then i could see falcons,bears and possibly even the rams being a top 20 team

Vinnie Paz

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's NOT obvious that DEN is the best team in the AFC. There's a huge gap between #2 and #3, saying "DEN is top 3" as if to put them in a group with SEA and SF is silly, especially after what we just saw. NE and DEN are the teams to beat in the AFC, but there isn't a huge gap there like there is with SF & SEA in the NFC. If anything, I'll say right now than the Saints are better than DEN & NE. I expect a "surprise" team out of the AFC this year, maybe SD or PIT, not sure yet.
    Well my opinion they're top 3. I don't see how you can argue top 5 either. Id take them to beat any NFC team outside the top 2 10/10 times. It's clear as day they're the best in the afc, who else is there? Yeah theres some teams on the rise but none are close to denver. I kknow they got smashed in the superbowl but that doesn't mean they're some garbage team all of a sudden. At this moment there's just no legitimate AFC threats and like I said they're still imo better than pretty much every NFC team. Again just my opinion slack

slacker00

Well my opinion they're top 3. I don't see how you can argue top 5 either. Id take them to beat any NFC team outside the top 2 10/10 times. It's clear as day they're the best in the afc, who else is there? Yeah theres some teams on the rise but none are close to denver. I kknow they got smashed in the superbowl but that doesn't mean they're some garbage team all of a sudden. At this moment there's just no legitimate AFC threats and like I said they're still imo better than pretty much every NFC team. Again just my opinion slack
    Why do you think DEN is so great? They barely limped through the weakest AFC in decades.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

They aint beating Green Bay, New Orleans and probably not even Atlanta 10 out of 10 times.

Kek13

First i would liketo say from team 7-26 there really wasnt mich of a differnece in the numbers i came up with when i ranked the teams an I did this because one bored an two trying I see if I'm overrating players. First if you actually go through the teams after the top 6 there are teams with a lot of question marks an this could also include NO an NE. First Miami at 9 is very reasonable this was a 8-8 that had all the reason to quit it was a laughing stock team, they were 8-6 an fell apart. They beat Indy in Indy. The oline is much improved an there dline is stout with great depth. Firekillx I don't mind someone downing my rankings that's fine we can be chalk all day I'm just trying to find underrated teams this is how you can take advantage of spreads. Colts are a very overrated team. Bills have a good defense an if manuel is somewhat competent is a 8-9 win team. Pittsburgh is a top 10 team this year in my opinion there oline is improved an there D is younger. How is Dallas not a 10 win team as well if romo is healthy that team is easily the NFC east champs. They might have the 2nd or 3rd best oline in football. I also think there defense was more hurt by the in effectiveness of the dline. Spencer Melton an mincey should provide depth an lee coming back should be good. I also believe you gotta think Claiborne eventually lives up to his talent. I'm willing to discuss any team because I've probably looked into every team more than most.

Kek13

In doing my rankings as well I assumed 1st an 2nd rd picks would be effective so obviously these rankings will also change one we get to preseason an before season starts

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

the first 6 picks i wouldnt even argue about because those are all a toss up between the elite teams
    just saying steelers and dolphins are definitely not a top 10 team, even kansas city and buffalo shouldnt be as high, if you think the colts are worse then all those teams you clearly dont know what youre talking about lol, the colts beat all the best teams last year at home and they lost there #1 receiver, when reggie wayne is playing they are easily a top 10 team. Chargers are easily top 15 making the playoffs last year, dwight freeney and there #1 receiver werent playing, theyll be back plus some good defensive draft picks and keenan allen getting more experience they should only get better. And being an 8 win team ( bills or cowboys ) isnt a top 12 team, bills deal with way to many injuries same as the cowboys. Id say your #24 and #25 ranks falcons and bears would be better then both those teams

Kek13

1. Miami beat indy in indy last year and Miami has improved the weakest part of there offense the oline. There defense should only improve with another year for Dion Jordan and finally there 2nd rd corner Jamar Taylor and 3rd Will Davis should be healthy to contribute to there secondary which in my eyes should be better with a like Delmas playing Safety for Chris Clemons. I put Miami at 9 to because there are concerns if Tannehill can take that next step, can James plug in an play RT and Phillip Wheeler is awful at olb. Miami was 8-6 heading into a game against Buffalo which they were shut out in, that was also the same game that the fire alarm was pulled on them at 2 am and if you watched the line movement in that game it was easy money betting on the bills.

2. Pittsburgh: There offense is young and have a lot of talent on the oline finally, I love blount and he should be a much better running back than bell. Bell is not a good running back in my eyes. You also still have Big Ben, they defenitly could use more weapons someone that can help at TE and another WR hopefully that will be Martavias Bryant. I like there defense this year to and that's assuming tuitt and shazier are able contributors this year which might not happen. Ike Taylor is still a huge concern and they need another CB.

3. Buffalo: Buffalo is loaded in the front seven an they have three good corners, I don't think losing byrd Is to big of a concern because of Aaron William. This whole ranking is basically saying CJ spiller returns to form and EJ Manuel doesn't throw 4 ints a game.

4. KC: I honestly could see KC taking a step back but im still impressed with how talented there defense is. You might have 2 top 5 olb in the league on this team in Houston and Hali, Poe is awesome and DeVito and Bailey are underated. Flowers is overrated but is a good Corner, Sean smith is soso. Im also going to assume that Fisher is a better LT and Guard really isn't that hard of a positon to fill. Stephenson is weak, but I just think KCs defense and Alex Smith not creating turnovers makes this a good football team.

5. You make excuses for Chargers and Colts, but the Cowboys lose Tony Romo and miss the playoffs by 1 game. The cowboys will be better this year because they will have a top 5 rushing attack, there oline will be a top 3 oline in the league. I also think they only improve on defense with melton, mincey, Spencer, and LEE.

6. Atlanta: Secondary still sucks, linebackers awful, and you signed 2 run stuffers in Soliai and Jackson, still no pass rush. On the oline Asamoah and Matthews should solidify the right side, but C and LT are still a concern. The reciving core and running are only going to weaken no Gonzales that is huge and white has already started his decline. Atlanta is just a team with some big names that fell off quick

7. Chicago: The o line sucks at the two most important spots RT huge concern and so is LT bushrod is average and overpaid. The defense is bad they will not be able to rush the passer Houston and allen are better against the run now. Paea is bad and Ferguson hopefully contributes. Secondary and LB's are a concern as will defently OLB and FS

8. Chargers: Defense is terrible corners suck hopefully verett is good, dline sucks, oline is a concern and the biggest reason I rated them lower was they were carried by a great year by Phillip Rivers if he doesn't have the same type of year as last year how many games do they win? they were 9-7 with a qb that had a all pro year realistically.

Vinnie Paz

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Why do you think DEN is so great? They barely limped through the weakest AFC in decades.
    Barely limped through?.... They blew out teams every week man. Not scraping by with last second field goals. Soundily beating every opponent while scoring 30+ every game. They are a dominant team like them or not... ... which I do not but I cant deny they are a very good squad

Vinnie Paz

You're underestimating how bad Dallas is on D. And their 1 dimensional offense . Plus romos coming off back surgery

slacker00

Barely limped through?.... They blew out teams every week man. Not scraping by with last second field goals. Soundily beating every opponent while scoring 30+ every game. They are a dominant team like them or not... ... which I do not but I cant deny they are a very good squad
    They didn't beat every opponent. They were very lucky to get as far as they did with a D that bad.

Vinnie Paz

i meant there wins.....they arent barely winning games, they win decisively. not lucky fluke wins. their D was a weak spot last year but im sure you agree there have been upgrades?

slacker00

i meant there wins.....they arent barely winning games, they win decisively. not lucky fluke wins. their D was a weak spot last year but im sure you agree there have been upgrades?
    D is more about cohesion than assembling talent. It remains to be seen how signing injury prone old guys will play out.

Kek13

Dallas ranking is assuming that romo is healthy this is why my rankings will change before season starts, also there Defense should be improved this year they had a ton of injuries last year and mincey and melton should help the dline

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    the first 6 picks i wouldnt even argue about because those are all a toss up between the elite teams
    just saying steelers and dolphins are definitely not a top 10 team, even kansas city and buffalo shouldnt be as high, if you think the colts are worse then all those teams you clearly dont know what youre talking about lol, the colts beat all the best teams last year at home and they lost there #1 receiver, when reggie wayne is playing they are easily a top 10 team. Chargers are easily top 15 making the playoffs last year, dwight freeney and there #1 receiver werent playing, theyll be back plus some good defensive draft picks and keenan allen getting more experience they should only get better. And being an 8 win team ( bills or cowboys ) isnt a top 12 team, bills deal with way to many injuries same as the cowboys. Id say your #24 and #25 ranks falcons and bears would be better then both those teams
    Steelers are about even with the colts....look at Las Vegas rankings. That's all that matters not some opinions.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Steelers are about even with the colts....look at Las Vegas rankings. That's all that matters not some opinions.
    Vegas odds favor even action, not any sort of truth in team strength.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

opening post is just awful

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

1. seattle 2. san fran 3. Denver 4. green bay 5. Indianapolis 6. Chicago 7. new England 8. new orleans 9. Carolina, 10. Washington 11. san diego 12. dallas ....... in bold are the value picks that only a person who knows football well can pick out.

slacker00

4th&Stupid, your list isn't bad, except I'd definitely flip flop NO and GB. But WAS top 10?! More like bottom 10.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

All of you guys who think Denver is so good are really in for a surprise this season. Manning is hurting and will be half the player he was last season by week 10 of this season. With a schedule that includes Denver -3 at Kansas City, -3 1/2 at San Diego, and - 1 1/2 at Cincinnati, there is money to be made here.

Bagman5
    Bagman5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    1. seattle 2. san fran 3. Denver 4. green bay 5. Indianapolis 6. Chicago 7. new England 8. new orleans 9. Carolina, 10. Washington 11. san diego 12. dallas ....... in bold are the value picks that only a person who knows football well can pick out.
    Washington and Dallas are both going to suck this year...

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

i agree denver is overrated, john fox will never win a super bowl

pureajb
    pureajb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Steelers #7????? They should be further down the list imo. They basically changed their entire receiving squad. That's going to take some getting used to. Plus Ben is just not as sharp as he used to be.

slacker00

All of you guys who think Denver is so good are really in for a surprise this season. Manning is hurting and will be half the player he was last season by week 10 of this season. With a schedule that includes Denver -3 at Kansas City, -3 1/2 at San Diego, and - 1 1/2 at Cincinnati, there is money to be made here.
    Fair point, but power ratings change from week to week. I think he is posting week 1 power ratings, not week 10.

mycou1992
    mycou1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion, the Seattle seahawks should not locate top. once success can not prove anything. This list is lack of consideration.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by mycou1992 View Post
    In my opinion, the Seattle seahawks should not locate top. once success can not prove anything. This list is lack of consideration.
    One success? They won 17 games last year and only seem to get better every week under Carroll.

Kek13

These got a lot of hate but for being posted in May I think they did pretty good

Kek13

way wrong on hell but who knew he'd lose so much weight

12 Last