Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty Clear the NFL wants the Chargers "In the Mix" entering week 17

For any objective fan watching this game (I'm a Chargers fan) the calls have been pretty one-directional, lets be honest here, Raiders played their hearts out in the 1st half, Chargers were awarded 10 penalties for 64 yards, but 5 of those resulted in 1st downs on 3rd down. Diego' turned the ball over 3 times

Don't believe in conspiracy theories or "fixes" necessarily but got to hand it to the Raiders for at least showing up today I'd be surprised if they don't cover the 11.5...

This should make for an interesting week 17 with the Dolphins losing and Baltimore being blown out @ home.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

!!!!!

Who was watching that game??!! McGloin tosses up a prayer on 4 and goal and it slides through Marcel Reece's hands in the end zone, straight up drops it, I could have made that catch, unreal for Raiders backers.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Don't really understand the distinction - the NFL wants the chargers in the mix, and it shows in the penalties but it's not a fix.

I do think the NFL has their refs around trying to work the week 17 ratings this week. Over 100 yards in penalties for the Ravens, and 2 calls on turnovers going the patriots way, in the 1st half. Things didn't start to equalize until the Pats were up c. 20 points (don't remember), when the refs gave 3 straight penalties on the pats to overkill stall the last drive of the half in case anyone was getting suspicious, but the damage was done.

Now the ravens/chargers/dolphins games all have something to be interested about in week 17, instead of the wildcard being locked up.

The interception that wasn't in the cards/seahawks game also adds drama to the 9ers game tomorrow, and if the impossible happens and the falcons win, the cards/9ers game next week. Don't know I can back the falcons, that'd take a lot of friendly reffing and draw more attention to the fixing that's going on.

And I backed the raiders

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Yeah I hate to use the word "fix" perhaps because there are certain on field variables that refs can only have so much influence, i.e. line of scrimmage control, receivers influence, I know that they can control field position at times but at least they don't contribute directly to points (although that can be debated) like basketball.

Tough loss on the Raiders bro, I watched the entire game, and felt the cumulative sigh as I saw Reece drop that ball, felt for Raiders backers. Funny how much stock I put into games just based on lines sometimes.

Had a pretty heavy juice parlay incorporating the Chargers ML and several others, so I was sweating it after the first half, and almost smacking myself for taking a -400 something ML in a "rivalry" game, but with that said I'm surprised the Raiders did not cover, especially with the Chargers settling for FGs in the 2nd half.

217655221-1 12/22/13 6:19am $200.00 $546.61 $746.61 Win 4 Team Parlay
    Win 12/22/13 1:00pm NFL Football 105 Dallas Cowboys -153* vs Washington Redskins
    Win 12/22/13 1:00pm NFL Football 108 St. Louis Rams -190* vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Win 12/22/13 1:00pm NFL Football 117 Denver Broncos -500* vs Houston Texans
    Win 12/22/13 4:25pm NFL Football 126 San Diego Chargers -430* vs Oakland Raiders

I thought the Cowgirls would F* me, just a crazy day in general.

Good luck on your bets clover.