ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Neither team faced a good rushing team in their road to the Super Bowl

Baltimore played Indy, Denver and NE. Niners played GB and Atlanta. These teams haven't got much in the way of a ground game. Baltimore had problems with teams with good runners during the regular season. When Super Ray was there or not. Neither team did much offensively when facing a team with a defense. Baltimore faced the Steelers without Ben twice and struggled once and lost. Also, when facing RG3 they lost if Luck would have run on them more it could have been a different story he had som nice runs. The Ravens and the Niners both have two good backs and neither coach is pass happy if the ground game is working somewhat. What I'm getting at is the Under, I think this game points to a real old fashioned ground and pound keeping it a low scoring affair. Take a look let me know what you think.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Lean towards the under as well. Sitting at 47.5. Last time these teams met it was a low scoring game. Think the Niner's D will play better than they did against Atlanta and you could see a lot of the ground attack. Think that total moves down some before game time.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

I agree with most of you play, but Denver had a much stronger running game then people realize. Either way, I agree both teams are going to be pounding the football. I love the Under here.

ZINISTER

The difference here is Balt./SF can both est. a run game. They both have good 2 nice backs Niners have a good run blocking team. Im going to take a look at how the run game faired when facing a 3-4 for the Niners. The question here is, "Who has the better run game?" I feel Ravens have the two better backs but, I personally would put Frank at the top. Factoring in Kap on top of the blocking scheme of the Niners and Frank running like a rapped ape Niners get the nod on the ground. Passing for both teams will be the key to the win. The thing that scares me about the under is these teams pass rush is non existent. Aldon Smith made his hay against the worst pass blocking teams in the league. He has been shutout by most teams. He had 5.5 against the Bears.

ZINISTER

If my research is correct I have the Niners throwing a shutout against teams that run a 3-4. They look to be a perfect 6-0. They had three games with totals of 76,52&52 two against the Packers the other against the Saints. Got to keep pace with those offenses but neither of them have much defense. Didn't look it up but those 52 totals might still be under the line total. The three remaining games were 34,27&40 all unders.

The Ravens were 5-4 against teams that ran the 3-4 . They had two games with the scores of 56&59. They got blown out by the Texans and lost in overtime to the Skins. The remaining games totals were 39,40,33,15,43,23&47. Some food for thought.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Have to remember tho Zin last year when these 2 squared off the defenses were playing a little better overall. And the QB situation has obviously received a huge face lift with Kaep ov the ultra conservative just don't fukk up Smith. And Flacco is playing his best ball with more confidence than ever as well.

ZINISTER

Valid points R.P. just don't feel the coaches are going to unchain the offenses early enough to get this one to hit the number. Kap running wild scares me the most. Followed closely by lack of pass rush on both teams. They both drop OLB's in coverage on obvious pass downs. Hope they both break that trend.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

That is one thing I have factored in myself Zin and it makes things tougher for a total play I believe. The brothers may go fairly conservative here and play this one close to the hip. Neither wants to embarass or make the other look bad. So I don't see them trying to up-stage each other which is why I believe this game stays fairly close as well.

Mills
    Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4819

The run game,imo will be the most important factor in this SB. The team that has the advantage on the ground should win the XLVII Super Bowl.

In the last two P/O games played both teams ran 72x's : Baltimore is 3.83 Yards Per Carry and the 49er's are 6.55 YPC ( Gore alone avg. 4.8 YPC) The 49er's YPC boosted by Kaepernicks break-aways for large chunks.

On the run defensive side Baltimore is giving up an avg. 3.9 YPC. While the 49er's have given up an avg. 4.7 YPC in the P/O's.

As I see it ,Baltimore has to stop Gore,, plus the wide end runs and let Kaepernick try to figure out how to do something Peyton Manning and Tom Brady couldn't do. Beat the Ravens in postseason play.

As far as the O/U the line is at 47.5 and if it means anything in the 14 SB's played in a dome stadium the avg. points scored are 48.4.

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Last years game between these 2, sf was on a short week, sf played on sunday then played baltimore on thursday in the same week.

ZINISTER

Game tempo means alot and I feel these coaches don't want to be the first one to make the mistake. They have enough confidence in their defenses to allow the game to develop and find the match-ups they are getting in certain formations and exploit them when the time is right. San Fran's D has had some coverage breakdowns and is more prone to get beat deep when this happens. Its a gamble boys over/ under or the -4 1/2. The early money on the under hurts! Wish I bet online sometimes. If I would, I would have won the San Fran game last week. Instead, I bought the hook and pushed. Hit both totals and couldn't pull the trigger on the ML with Baltimore, but took the points. Trying to end the season strong. Goodluck everybody and keep the info exchange not sure what team I'm backing and need some help.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Super Bowl Isn’t Won In Las Vegas !!!!!!!

Losing four games out of five at the end of the regular season, like the Ravens did, ought to be enough to eliminate a team from serious championship consideration. Instead, Baltimore regrouped, running through Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in the playoffs as if the postseason were being played by a different set of rules.“You’ve got to be on the inside of a team to get a feel for where a team is at and how they’re thinking,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after the 28-13 AFC title game win at New England. “We were improving all the way through all of those bouts of adversity that we were facing.”What does all of this mean for 13-4-1 San Francisco? Clearly, it means that the Super Bowl isn’t won in Las Vegas. Step back into December for a moment SBR members and tell me which of these teams appears headed for a Lombardi Trophy. Is it San Francisco, which in Week 16 of the regular season got pasted 42-13 at Seattle? The 49ers allowed the Seahawks to convert on 11-of-13 third-down attempts in that Sunday night shocker.Or is it Baltimore SBR members,which in Week 15 lost 34-17 at home to the top-seeded Denver Broncos? The Ravens’ offense was miserable that day, with a half dozen three-and-outs and a Joe Flacco interception that was returned 98 yards for a touchdown. My Option is here’s that theme again???,The one that’s scrawled in the mud, winning on that muddy road """yes the Ravens""". Winning a Super Bowl isn’t always about being super SBR members and Friends. It’s about pushing everybody else out of the way. Iam leaning toward the Ravens to win superbowl, however I have not made my bet yet SBR members.
    PS.From the green card with [Mellow Rose 5 Vegas Wise Guys Analysis,Stats,Some Information and Predictions Also Considered

Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

ZINISTER

Well put Harry. Team chemistry goes to Ravens for sure. IMO Ravens have had the hardest road of the two to get to the Super bowl. Niners have faced two real shytty teams defensively. Both had real good passing games(GB,Atl) with top notch WR's. Now they have to face a dual threat team that can run or pass. Seatle was indeed a dual threat offense and Niners Struggled. (Eye opener thought on that one Harry) On the flip side Baltimore beat three teams that are one dimensional. Passing teams(Indy,Denver, NE) they stopped 2 pretty impressive QB's trying to get one more title before its to late. Upon watching them beat the young gun Mr. Luck the Ravens defense had no answer for him taking off in the pocket. That being said I am more lost now then I was yesterday on what I'm leaning towards betting. Liked the under all week now "NOT" so sure what to think. Niners might not have an answer for the Ravens Offense with Flacco hittin on all cylinders, Rice running like a crazy man, Pierce is a tough kid spelling Rice. Got some more grinding to do on this one. Thanks for the help.

ZINISTER

Just took a closer look at who the Ravens D faced in the back fields in the post season. When watching the games I told my buddy that the teams are running their #2 backs more then the #1. Indy ran Ballard 20+, NE Ridley 18 times, Denver Hillman 20ish carried 10 more times then Moreno. I know Woodhead was injured but these teams have nobody on there squads close to the level of a Frank Gore. Wr is the Niners weak spot. Niners have the best TE of the two. If I had to say the weak spot on the Ravens D I would say pass rush. The threat of Kap running and the ability to throw accurately(lately) it opens up the secondary to having to chase WR around in coverage after they have ran their intial routes.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

On another thread I mentioned that The Ravens will go after Kapernick with intent to harm.
    Pollard, Suggs, Reed, etc, will make him pay and try to get in his head. A few penalties, who cares?
    It is a hard-nosed-athletic-veteran-smart-tough-mean-, uh, dirty bunch of guys on "D" for Baltimore, and they will NOT let Kapernick waltz. He will get hit hard, early, often, and yes, late.
    I think this will be a factor.
    Last edited by Serbone; 01-28-13 at 03:28 PM.

ZINISTER

I hear ya Bone-RP Murphy and I discussed the cheap shot the old group of dirty bastards that played for the Ravens when Goose went low on Gannon in the pocket and took his knee out early against the Raiders in playoffs. I was predicting it to happen when they played Manning this year. Let's not forget this San Fran squad is as tough as any. This will be who wins the "tough war" wins the game type game. I am really excited about this one to go down.