Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Lets Talk GB-SF

Right now Pinny has it at:

GB + 3.5 -122
    SF - 3.5 +113

Just off first glance....I kind of like SF. They are just a better all around team than GB. Other than throwing the ball well, GB doesn't do anything else well, and I think SF should expose them.

Thoughts on this game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

justin smith has to play and be effective,,,huge deal to sf defense... until i know he good to go and can be effective i really cant say...

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

GB ML Niners defense not the same

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Seattle/ Sf NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Major Niners homer, and I just don't like what I've been seeing over the last six weeks. They've been starting slow on offense. Akers is a freaking headcase, and their replacement is Billy Cundiff (who blew the Raven's postseason). Basically either of those guys will be quivering over any fg attempt over 30 yards.

Then there's the fact that they've had games where their secondary got exposed. Bowman and Willis are obviously beasts. But if Justin Smith isn't in beast mode b/c of his injury, and therefore Aldon Smith isn't in the backfield putting pressure on Rodgers, GB is going to pick their secondary apart.

Frank Gore might have 150 yards rushing in this game, and Kapernick might have another 80.

I see Green Bay jumping out to a two score lead, SF grinding back into it, and things coming down to the wire. I'd buy the hook on this if I ultimately take the Niners. I think GB ML is the best value. Might stay away from it altogether.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB covers.

i called this.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

San Fran definitely has the physical edge in this, but Rodgers is coming home and will be pumped. If San Fran doesn't doesn't rush for 130+ they're in trouble, Colin K isn't that accurate as a thrower.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Justin Smith will be a huge factor.... If he can not play up to his standard it will give Rodgers a little extra time to find open receivers. As for people thinking Gore will run all over Green Bay, keep in mind that Green Bay allowed a 100 yard rusher 3 times. Two of them to AP and the other was week 1 to Frank Gore who had 112 rushing yards. Both teams are vastly different since week 1, so you can throw that game out the window. Should be a damn good football game with the winner representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Justin Smith will be a huge factor.... If he can not play up to his standard it will give Rodgers a little extra time to find open receivers. As for people thinking Gore will run all over Green Bay, keep in mind that Green Bay allowed a 100 yard rusher 3 times. Two of them to AP and the other was week 1 to Frank Gore who had 112 rushing yards. Both teams are vastly different since week 1, so you can throw that game out the window. Should be a damn good football game with the winner representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.
    i have no doubt sf can run on the pack, but like i said i agree i have to know smith can play and play well....funny part of this gm is id imagine either team rather it be the other one lining up to kick a gm winning fg cause neither can trust their own...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think SF will have more luck running the ball than the Packers will have throwing the ball.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I read the past posts & I have to disagree on about 4-5 things I read:

Gore will run against GB!
    Colin K IS a good passer, hello?!
    Akers will NOT be shaking to kick a 30+ yd field goal!!!
    (Dumbest thing I have ever read)
    Niners D will be FIRED UP!!!

Niners have a GREAT chance to knock off the pack at home & advance. IF the Niners secondary steps up & rattles Rogers, SF will blow this game up. If not, we see a good game!

SF ML!!!!! VAMOS Niners!!!
    Just my two cents. GL ev1

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

9ers by 3

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    9ers by 3
    I like the way u think. I see a close one for sure. That's why my play is SF ML!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post

I like the way u think. I see a close one for sure. That's why my play is SF ML!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    justin smith has to play and be effective,,,huge deal to sf defense... until i know he good to go and can be effective i really cant say...
    Agree.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Super Bowl winner comes out of this game, barring some devastating injury.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

bye bye 49ers. karma's a bitch. thats what they get for benching their starting QB.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post

That's flawed thinking... If you honestly think it'll be close, wouldn't then the best value be with GB ML??!?

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Frank Gore may get more than 100 yards vs the pack, but the Packers have only 2 rb's run for over 100. Gore was one, but that was the first game. Packers need to click on offense right away, cause San Fran has the defense that can keep Rodgers in check a bit. Jordy Nelson looks like he got hurt yesterday so that could be a factor as well. I'd take the pack and the points don't think San Fran is in a position to blow out anyone