Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Saturday upsets?

Georgetown +130 at Marquette.

I actually watched the UCONN/Marquette game in it's entirety the other night. I was not impressed by either team to be honest. I think Georgetown is a much better team than both. Georgetown's only loss comes to Indiana so far. With wins against UCLA, Tennessee, and Texas to back up their rep. Marquette on the other hand has wins against a not so good Wisconsin team and UCONN, but let's not forget about the 33 point loss to Florida. In order for Marquette to even keep this game close, they would need a huge one from Vander Blue. I don't see Junior Cadougan putting on a performance like he did against UCONN.

Boston +160 at Atlanta.

I know KG is facing a possible suspension, but even without him I am taking the experience to win this game.

Cincinnati +175 at Houston

Not much of a write up here. I just have a gut feeling that Andy Dalton is gonna play a great game and the Bengals win the game and shock the world.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not sure how shocking it would be for cincy to beat hou,,i like them myself, only reason not playing the ml is i have a nice bungals to win the afc future that im hoping to hedge the shit out of starting next week as i think they can win this gm as well...

gtown breaks the golden rule for me, ranked road team as a dog to a unranked team, not full proof but generally a solid angle to either play the unranked fav or stay away..

no idea on Bos as i really dont follow nba all that close...hope you go 2-1 which always nice at + money!

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

I feel like the GT game is a trap. Seems too good to be true, I had it listed as a small play for me this morning.

Completely disagree with the Celtics, second game in a B2B for an older team like the Celts, I would stay away from that game. Plus, the Hawks have always played the Celtics very tough.

I like the Bengals for I feel their Defense is too much for Houston. Good value in the +175

GL today!

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Marquette is not good this year at all. They got lucky last game, and I'd fade them until lines makers make the adjustment.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Justin3587

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    Marquette is not good this year at all. They got lucky last game, and I'd fade them until lines makers make the adjustment.
    Gtwon is not all that great themselves..i mean op is calling a 37-36 monstrosity over vols at home a marque win? beat a tex team that was still reeling from the ncaa bs they pulling on their pg, and then what? a decent ucla team...beating wisc and ucon are both better wins than any of those imo..

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Gtwon is not all that great themselves..i mean op is calling a 37-36 monstrosity over vols at home a marque win? beat a tex team that was still reeling from the ncaa bs they pulling on their pg, and then what? a decent ucla team...beating wisc and ucon are both better wins than any of those imo..
    UCLA is better than both Wisconsin and UCONN though...

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Wake forest lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    UCLA is better than both Wisconsin and UCONN though...
    debatable..ucon probably,,wiscy no chance..also think this gtowns 1st true road gm, pretty late in the year for that..

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

you do realize that your betting on Marvin Lewis? Would you consider this a prime time game?

I have Texans as my future. So yes I am biased. Texans while they haven't shown it recent (which I don't mind) can put a strangle hold on a opposing offense by handcuffing them with time of possession. #1 in the league at 45.38% opponents average time of possession.

This is why I see them getting to the Superbowl even going though possible games at NE and Denver.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    you do realize that your betting on Marvin Lewis? Would you consider this a prime time game?

I have Texans as my future. So yes I am biased. Texans while they haven't shown it recent (which I don't mind) can put a strangle hold on a opposing offense by handcuffing them with time of possession. #1 in the league at 45.38% opponents average time of possession.

This is why I see them getting to the Superbowl even going though possible games at NE and Denver.

They have no chance to reach the Super Bowl with the D

gerndg
    gerndg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1776

bengals all day!!!!!!!

gerndg
    gerndg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1776

Marvin Lewis ain't much but I wouldn't be waiving a Gary Kubiak banner w any pride either haha

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post

i keep hearing this "you betting on marvin lewis", that all well and good and prob well deserved but you do realize that you betting on kubiak? not like lewis is matching wits with bellicheat here, neither coach has proven shit...top all well and good but hou is also way more prone to giving up big plays which may be the difference as i think both team will struggle cashing in scoring chances...another thing is the only team that avg more 1st qrtr points than the bungals is the pats so if cincy does what they typically do and come out hot it may force hou into a gm they dont wanna play...should be a tough defensive gm but so sick of hearing hou backers throw around marvin lewis as if kubiac is some proven winner,,talk to me about coaching mismatches next week when either one of these clowns faces bellicheat..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gerndg View Post
    Marvin Lewis ain't much but I wouldn't be waiving a Gary Kubiak banner w any pride either haha

mine was longer, beat me to it..lol....EXACTLY

OFS
    OFS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 650

Pretty ironic calling him Bellicheat on a sports forum where every one of us is looking for an "edge" in winning sports bets. I guess you don't take any of the cappers plays for free on this site.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by OFS View Post
    Pretty ironic calling him Bellicheat on a sports forum where every one of us is looking for an "edge" in winning sports bets. I guess you don't take any of the cappers plays for free on this site.
    umm,,dont see the irony, have always called him bellicheat, it is what it is, i aint mad at him..for the most part no i cap my own gms, i discuss them with some of the cats ive known and respect around here but ultimately very rare i just tail unless it someone ive been talking to for some time and that person really convinces me...

Justin3587

lol well this definitely got off topic

innovation

i keep hearing this "you betting on marvin lewis", that all well and good and prob well deserved but you do realize that you betting on kubiak? not like lewis is matching wits with bellicheat here, neither coach has proven shit...top all well and good but hou is also way more prone to giving up big plays which may be the difference as i think both team will struggle cashing in scoring chances...another thing is the only team that avg more 1st qrtr points than the bungals is the pats so if cincy does what they typically do and come out hot it may force hou into a gm they dont wanna play...should be a tough defensive gm but so sick of hearing hou backers throw around marvin lewis as if kubiac is some proven winner,,talk to me about coaching mismatches next week when either one of these clowns faces bellicheat..

Not a Kubiak fan or even a Houston fan. My point of Marvin is he is something like 1-10 in prime time games. I find that more than a coincidence. Now he did beat the Eagles this year so maybe he is going to go on a 10-1 run the other way. Either he has the absolute worst luck in the world or maybe he just lacked Dalton and AJ type talent.

My view on Texans is the are the anti Giants of last year while I am sure they wanted home field advantage I will say the pressure after this game is off them. The fact that the general public's perception of them is at a years low makes them dangerous as they have something to prove instead of being the team that is figured to win.

With the last few weeks results my model has this game as a "pick em" type game. So I question whether the books are tipping thier hand by putting the Bengals at a to good to be true return on the money-line as it it getting pounded.

just my 2 cents

Justin3587

0-1 today. Hopefully Boston grows a pair.

Justin3587

I'll take it.

innovation

Nice work again

Justin3587

Thank you sir

OFS
    OFS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 650

umm,,dont see the irony, have always called him bellicheat, it is what it is, i aint mad at him..for the most part no i cap my own gms, i discuss them with some of the cats ive known and respect around here but ultimately very rare i just tail unless it someone ive been talking to for some time and that person really convinces me...
    I was just effing around. I don't consider the edge in filming a teams walk through cheating just like I don't consider the edge obtained from all the info in these forums cheating. I'm from NE so I guess I still take it a lil personally when I hear that.