No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Rumors floating around that Schwartz will be canned in Detroit

Yet another coach might be biting the dust in the D.

This franchise is a train wreck. The Ford family can never get it right, and as long as the seats are filled, I don't think they really care.

Most dysfunctional organization in sports -- and yes, that includes the Cubbies.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

shwartz has done too much for detroit. no chance he gets canned anytime soon

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He should be canned, no way that team should have been 4-12, he single handily cost them one game.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Can't see Schwartz keeping his job. Time for a change in Detroit.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    are you serious? i could coach that talent to the playoffs,,,you really dont know shit do you? every time anyone ask me about det the 1st thing i mention is the level of stupidity they play with, that is a direct result of coaching...that team has so many top 5 picks and he happens to come along and they actually win some gms and it cause of him? gtfoh, i would have fired dude mid-season..

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

There is something wrong with DET that I cannot figure it out but the pattern of looking like sh*t in the first half before rallying in the second half to comeback got really old this year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    There is something wrong with DET that I cannot figure it out but the pattern of looking like sh*t in the first half before rallying in the second half to comeback got really old this year.
    for whatever reason they play like str8 trash until they down more than a score, when they down more than 7 it almost automatic that they will put up a td..all yr ive heard arguments with their stats but their numbers are more empty than anyones in the league as they make so many dumb mistakes from turnovers to untimely penalties (again coaching)...one of worst in the league in yards per point both offensively and defensively as again they put their d in bad spots and shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly...bad coaching, swartz a hothead moron and his team reflects that...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    LOL -- what?

Mills
    Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4819

I don't believe Jim Schwartz will be fired he has three years left on his contract and Lions owner William Clay Ford has always been too loyal to his coaches--Monte Clark,Wayne Fontes, Darryl Rogers and Matt Millen all stayed longer than they should have..In fact Rogers was so bad that he asked reporters, “What does a guy have to do to get fired around here?”.

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Just a rumour afterwall. May the Schwartz be with us all.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bring in Andy Reid, they'll be in the playoffs 4 of the next 5 years.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

How can Lovie get fired but Not Schwartz????

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Really surprised that Scwartz hasn't been terminated - but didn't he just sign an extension? If he did, there's your reason. Detroit's meltdown focuses in on what's really been wrong there for a long time. They SHOULD be competing for the playoffs or more. They have enough talent. What they aren't getting is results. When that happens, it's on the players - whom the coach is responsible for. Schwartz should lose his job without a doubt. The players aren't developing as they should, which also falls on the coaching staff.

I realize the Lions have serious issues at some positions on the field, but show me a team that doesn't?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    How can Lovie get fired but Not Schwartz????
    Exactly.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

its sooo cooooold in tha D!