spreadslapping
    spreadslapping's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Rest of Season NFL Thread

Have had a great season in the NFL so far and want to share picks for the rest of the season. Follow or don't. Tail or fade. I don't really care. You'll soon realize there's a method to my madness and hopefully it'll help everyone make some money.
    I will post all plays with units 1u=$100, but use your best judgement. I will update the record as often as possible. Let's get it.

Tonight 11/29
    Saints +3.5 2u
    The Saints are coming in with extra egg on their face after their loss last week to the Niners, but this will be a bounce back opportunity to show they'll still be a force in this division. Obviously I could post their incredible record against the Falcons in the past, but this is tonight. One game for them to try and remain relevant. I see them getting the cover here and if the Falcons hadn't been so impressive at home in Matt Ryan's career I would recommend a ML play. Stick with the 3.5 here. Look for the Saints to win outright or lose on a last second FG.

Sunday 12/2
    Texans -6 for 5u
    Texans love pounding the Titans and you'll probably want this line before it moves to 7. Texans will win by 10-17 points. Expect the Texans to build an early lead and pound it with the run until the Titans realize their season is over and the higher the draft pick the better.
    Colts +5 3u
    The Lions haven't had a blowout victory over anyone this year that's worth noting. The only team they've beat by 5 points is the Jags and we all know they're terrible. Plus Henne wasn't their QB then. Look for the Colts to put up as many points as they need to to get the cover.
    Dolphins +7.5 1u
    The betting public's crush over Tom Brady and the Pats has caused this line to move to a point where there's great value with the Dolphins. Their defense is great and this is a big time divisional game for them. They'll run the ball effectively and keep this one close. Tom Brady is the man and his wife is sexy, but the Fins will hang with them and get the cover here. You might get this line at 8 closer to game time and I would recommend placing a half unit now and adding another half unit the morning of game day. Don't wait until just before kickoff as I expect this number will move back down as late sharps will hit the Fins and suck the value out.

Don't expect me to give you a bunch of ATS stats and records because that crap is all history. Every week is different and the only thing that matters is us beating the spread. I will be back Monday with a play. Leaning Redskins right now, but really want it to move to +3.
    If the betting public pounds Manning up to 7.5 this week I'll be on the Bucs to cover needing this win to stay in the wild card hunt. If that line moves to 7.5 by game time I'll add it as an official play. Check back this weekend and best of luck to everyone.
    Relevant discussion is appreciated and I will try to respond once each day to questions.

Until then get your popcorn ready

spreadslapping

Quote Originally Posted by spreadslapping View Post
    Have had a great season in the NFL so far and want to share picks for the rest of the season. Follow or don't. Tail or fade. I don't really care. You'll soon realize there's a method to my madness and hopefully it'll help everyone make some money.
    I will post all plays with units 1u=$100, but use your best judgement. I will update the record as often as possible. Let's get it.

Tonight 11/29
    Saints +3.5 2u
    The Saints are coming in with extra egg on their face after their loss last week to the Niners, but this will be a bounce back opportunity to show they'll still be a force in this division. Obviously I could post their incredible record against the Falcons in the past, but this is tonight. One game for them to try and remain relevant. I see them getting the cover here and if the Falcons hadn't been so impressive at home in Matt Ryan's career I would recommend a ML play. Stick with the 3.5 here. Look for the Saints to win outright or lose on a last second FG.

Sunday 12/2
    Texans -6 for 5u
    Texans love pounding the Titans and you'll probably want this line before it moves to 7. Texans will win by 10-17 points. Expect the Texans to build an early lead and pound it with the run until the Titans realize their season is over and the higher the draft pick the better.
    Colts +5 3u
    The Lions haven't had a blowout victory over anyone this year that's worth noting. The only team they've beat by 5 points is the Jags and we all know they're terrible. Plus Henne wasn't their QB then. Look for the Colts to put up as many points as they need to to get the cover.
    Dolphins +7.5 1u
    The betting public's crush over Tom Brady and the Pats has caused this line to move to a point where there's great value with the Dolphins. Their defense is great and this is a big time divisional game for them. They'll run the ball effectively and keep this one close. Tom Brady is the man and his wife is sexy, but the Fins will hang with them and get the cover here. You might get this line at 8 closer to game time and I would recommend placing a half unit now and adding another half unit the morning of game day. Don't wait until just before kickoff as I expect this number will move back down as late sharps will hit the Fins and suck the value out.

Don't expect me to give you a bunch of ATS stats and records because that crap is all history. Every week is different and the only thing that matters is us beating the spread. I will be back Monday with a play. Leaning Redskins right now, but really want it to move to +3.
    If the betting public pounds Manning up to 7.5 this week I'll be on the Bucs to cover needing this win to stay in the wild card hunt. If that line moves to 7.5 by game time I'll add it as an official play. Check back this weekend and best of luck to everyone.
    Relevant discussion is appreciated and I will try to respond once each day to questions.

Until then get your popcorn ready

3-1 +7u on the weekend.
    That Saints game was a tough loss to handle. 5 picks and we still had a shot at the cover had we not had that down by contact TD called back. Right call but hard to swallow. Nice start to the thread though and I will be back this week with more. Colts game came down to the wire and if you waited until Sunday to place this bet you probably had a number like 6.5 or 7 which made this bet less stressful. For record keeping purposes I will always adhere to what the line was when I made the pick. I never did bet Tampa as I'm a Bucs fan and I usually stay away from their games. Miami barely made things work for us, but if you watched that game you probably had the feeling they would cover the number as their defense is for real and was making Brady work for everything he got.
    Hope you all tailed and made some easy cash this weekend. I'll be back Wednesday or Thursday with my plays for this week. Best of luck to all of you throughout the week.

spreadslapping

Tonight take the Giants -3 here and the under 50 for a .5 unit parlay.

The Giants show up when they need to and tonight they need to show the Skins who's boss in this division. The Cowboys win last night makes this a much more interesting divisional matchup and I fully expect the Giants to come out and contain RGIII. Eli will pick apart this Redskins secondary, but both teams will struggle to move the ball consistently forcing the total to fall short of 50. RGIII is a great talent and fun to watch.....the Lebron of football anyone? Hard to pick against him as I would like to see them win as a fan of the game and genuine interest in a divisional shakeup, but Eli and the G-Men will show why they own this division.