Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Grey Cup

Well, I've saved up some money for today. I admit, I'm not as high-rolling as some of you people here, so it's not like I saved 10 large, or even claim anything of the sort. However, I put away a soft 1k for this game over the last couple of weeks and I am not afraid to, in fact actually looking forward to spending it all. I can afford to lose it, but will obviously try and build it today.

The Grey Cup is being played between Calgary Stampeders and Toronto Argonauts and it's being played in Toronto this year. It alternates from city to city, but it's astonishing that in a league with only 8 teams, the hosting team has only won the cup once in the last 35 years, being the B.C. Lions.

Toronto has won the previous 2 meetings with Calgary this year. Chad Owens has broken records this year, won accolades, and is pumped the fukk up to cap the season off with the Grey Cup. It seems trivial, but a rip-roaring', ready to go Chad Owens is fukkin's deadly and could easily be the x-factor in this game. On the opposite end of the energy spectrum, we have QB Ricky Ray. A league vet, he is the calmest and most collected dude in sports, compared to Owens. He brings a fantastic element to the team with raw talent, but also that ability to stay cool and make rational decisions, and not be distracted by the energy of Owens. Together, they make a could double threat, Ricky can heave the rock and Owens could fukk up a freight train.

The city has seen an influx of fans this weekend, fans of all teams from across the country. That's one of the beauties of the event, fans of all teams, no matter if they play or not, will make the travel, watch the game etc. because if you're a fan of the CFL, it's always a party and the history is immense. I have seen many fans wearing their colours downtown and talking with some of them, they are pumped to see a good game. The Argos are used to playing at home to like 500 people, today the Rogers Centre will be filled with 50,000 fans, not all Argos fans, but that's enough to demand a performance from these guys cuz the parties would be huge here, and with the buzz of all the Jays trades, the Leafs being tied for first () people are actually looking optimistically about sports here in Toronto and a Grey Cup win by the hosting city would be a great way to kickstart a turn-around in the city.

All homer thoughts there, so don't hold too much stake in them. Nonetheless, I am rolling with the Argos today...here's how...

As I mentioned, I will be going large, but that is a homer personal choice. Fade/Tail as you wish and at your risk.

Calgary Stampeders v. Toronto Argonauts @ Rogers Centre, Toronto Ontario, Canada - kickoff 6:00pm ET

Toronto Argos ML - $300 @2.00 - bet365
    Toronto Argos +1.5 - $500 @1.86 - bet365

The remaining $200 I will save for in-play or wait to see if Argos line goes to 2 or 2.5, but I doubt it will. Good luck everyone, I hope this works out for me.

Oh ya, Argos teased to +8.5 in any teaser is a very solid pick. I cannot see at all, barring any big injury or something, the Argos losing by more than a TD...I already have them locked in a bunch of teasers and they are worth a big look by any of you NFL teasers.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

congrats Toronto.