No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Dammit, why the Chargers?

I'm looking at Sunday's card and who sticks out most to me? San Diego +1. I hate that team -- hate the coach, hate the QB, bunch of losers. But the Ravens are coming off an emotional win at Pittsburgh with their overrated D, and I like how the Chargers' D is developing.

If I could just get Turner ONE TIME to commit to the run against the weak-ass Balty run D and not let Rivers throw the ball 40 times, I'd love this play.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Seems like the RIGHT play, however I don't trust the chargers at all..what about Carolina, Saints, Packers, and Titans? I'm leaning towards these. Good luck man.

Snookered
    Snookered's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Chargers have been way to sketchy to consider them a play. Rivers is not the same QB without Jackson and Mathews is a complete bust this year. I don't think Ravens -1 is a bad play, I can see things going badly for SD pretty easily.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

only thing that sux about it is we used to get some points in these spots but balty has become so predictable books aint giving out + money of any significance..chargers make me puke in my mouth at least 2 times a week when watching their gms but it really dont matter if it was a Canadian fb team they still the play against balty on the road after beating pit...

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Ravens are 4-4 SU and 3-5 ATS post-Steelers, 1-3 SU/ATS after defeating Steelers, 2-2 SU and 1-3 ATS on the West Coast. however, im rollin' with Ravens -1 more as a Chargers fade.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    only thing that sux about it is we used to get some points in these spots but balty has become so predictable books aint giving out + money of any significance..chargers make me puke in my mouth at least 2 times a week when watching their gms but it really dont matter if it was a Canadian fb team they still the play against balty on the road after beating pit...
    Agree. No reason for the Chargers to be anything short of +3 here, which is probably why they're the play.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Chargers take it, all sharp money is on SD at home.. perfect environment for a big win

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Chargers take it, all sharp money is on SD at home.. perfect environment for a big win
    You know how many times the ingredients have been there for a "big win" at home for SD? They shit the bed in this spot all the time.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Agree. No reason for the Chargers to be anything short of +3 here, which is probably why they're the play.
    they the play cause you always bet against balty on road after home div wins, big home wins, or wins over the steelers anywhere,,,typical balty flat spot, just now lot more ppl realize this so obviously lines get shittier..that why they the play, last year both times in this spot they were bigger favs, fading was still the play, last year it was -1 at sd as well, wasnt coming off pit win either and sd waxed them...chargers defense is plenty capable, obviously rivers is a walking turnover and norv to stupid to figure out ways to use his best weapon (mathews)...i really havnt looked at it in depth but id imagine under a decent play as well, i dunno im gonna smoke some of this super funky stuff with a little hash and start knocking this card out..

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Maybe if they had a decent rb instead of weak ass Ryan Mathews, they could actually have a game plan featuring the run game

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Line from-2 to +1 ravens, u know what to do

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone have any thoughts on the total? Over looks easy here...expected it to be a bit higher

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Maybe if they had a decent rb instead of weak ass Ryan Mathews, they could actually have a game plan featuring the run game
    yea but ryan mathews is more than capable of being a stud, was in college, you can see it in flashes but sd never sticks to run consistently,,,the 1st den gm when they were up, think den scored right out of half..sd gets ball run and mathews picks up 6-7 yards several times few shorter but every single time for 2-3 drives in a row they ran on 1st down then shotgun passing on 2nd no matter how effective run was (mathews had like 87 or something in that gm, could have had 130 a td and chargers win that gm)...pleny more examples bro, i could find them a staff that could put together better gmplan, shit dont make sense to me and obviously aint working...it could be some undrafted free agent rb for all i care but it not it a dude when healthy should be a gm changer.....there is another problem now tho, Gather still out which a big deal, i thought he was back, i teased den last week against them but didnt really pay much attention to gm, he still out is bad...honestly think this gm a pass for me except im close to liking under even tho gotta worry bout 6 rivers turnovers..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    anyone have any thoughts on the total? Over looks easy here...expected it to be a bit higher
    im starting to lean under but i need few minutes to make sure numbers go with what i think.

2daBank

any idea if suggs playing?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in San Diego I'll keep you guys updated on the weather and situational environment here.

Last year I was on the SD ML +120 before it dropped to a normal juice -110/pick em.

It should be beautiful with clear skies tomorrow highs in 67.

With that said, I'm not sure how anyone can back this team, the game is going to be blacked out here with something like 10,000 tickets remaining to be sold. This city, and me have given up on this hapless, poorly coached, poorly prepared team.

Last year the total was around 43-44, with the over hitting on a last minute Balt. garbage time TD (remember it was 34-7 before balt covered the over 34-14). at 47 I'm not so sure I'd take a side, this game is a coin flip in both instances.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I forgot to mention that Jared Gaither is still out nursing a groin injury, that means rookie Mike Harris from UCLA will start again at left tackle. This is perhaps one of the most porous offensive lines I've seen San Diego have in a long time, the fact that Jeremy Clary is still starting is beyond me, I just hope Chargers clean house after this season.

Our defense is the only bright spot on this season.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I had San Diego last year HUGE..........

The only difference in this match up is the year,

hence new year,

same story...............

Rushing Passing Turnovers Penalties
    Date Teams Score Line Result Half FD TOP ATT-YDS CMP-ATT YDS FL INT PEN-YDS
    12/18/2011 BALTIMORE 14 -1 Over 7 19 25:48 14-89 24-35 201 0 2 3-25
    SAN DIEGO 34 45 SU ATS 17 23 34:12 37-145 17-23 270 0 0 3-35

2daBank

yea pauly think i said somewhere it exact line..only difference is this really better in the sense that last year it wasnt after pit...i still having issues with it tho, would like to know suggs status cause with no Gather he be all over rivers who has made turnovers a art form, which he was doing i believe last yr till right around that balt gm, lol...starting to lean under as sd front 7 really only thing i trust about them, i know balt gonna struggle to score cause that what they do on the road, for all the prob balt has on d they been very stingy all season when teams get in the red zone, enter good ol phil who dont mind making red zone mistakes,,,figure sd will have few empty drives or come away with bunch of fgs if we aim super high side on scoring chances and say 5 i still think 24 most they come up with and really 20 about tops i think for ravens...so i guess i like chargers and the under...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

San Diego was -1 before the season started, nothing changed. Nothing fishy about the line.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

san diego is worse this year than last. they just make too many big mistakes. being a ravens fan, reading their news and shit, i know they went there a day early to adjust to time schedule and have an extra practice. they haven't forgotten that game last year. i see an ugly win for baltimore.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    san diego is worse this year than last.
    But so is Baltimore....

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Isnt their run defense prety good at least lol

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    san diego is worse this year than last.
    What?

Last year coming into week 12 their record was
    4-6
    this year
    4-6

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Though the Ravens still playing for post-season home field advantage, you know how crazy up they get to play Pitt, and how they're naturally not going to be that far up to play 4 & 6 Diego. And, can they really win ALL the games with R. Lewis on the sidelines? Meanwhile, while the Ravens have given up only 206 points in 10 games, Diego has only allowed a respectable 221. I imagine that playing the Ravens is not like playing the high powered offenses of Denver, Orleans & Atlanta that defeated Diego this year. Diego has put up 57 points in 2 loses the last 2 weeks against 2 decent defenses, 23 at Denver & 24 at Tampa, so their offense can score. And surely it has to be easier without R. Lewis in the middle of it all, doesn't it?

As per usual, will come down to the turnovers, and will Diego continue to shoot itself in its foot? During Ravens' 3 games winning streak, they've been at least +2/game in turnovers, while during Diego's 2 game losing streak they've been negative in the turnover department including negative in their last 4 losses. So I can see the Diego defense keeping them in the game, and without R. Lewis I can see Diego putting up some points. The flip-your-coin question is, will Rivers throw and/or Diego fumble the game away? We have all seen Diego play good (or better) late in the regular season. Let's just hope The cold weather Baltimorians are enjoying the Diego sun today, and Diego pulls it out. As always, when the Book has the odds a pick-em when an 8 & 2 team is playing a 4 & 6 team, there's got to be a strong reason they're not given the 4 & 6 team anything, right?
    Last edited by 4seasons; 11-25-12 at 12:19 PM.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Count me aboard the Chargers sucker train. All aboard.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Rivers will forever be a loser Qb

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

3rd and 29... R U Freaking kidding me!!! Flipping chargers!!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

More like 4th and 29.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Winners win, losers lose.

So glad I passed on this embarrassing team.

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I dont blame rivers i blame the entire chargers Defense cause they had so many chances to win it and save norv but i guess they want him gone

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do these Chargers not simply get a first down late in the game when they have the lead, and are in position to run it out? Why do they not only not make a play on 3rd down, do they not have a play? Why on 4th and forever do you give up forever, with your whole season on the line? Why does the coach have absolutely no emotion? Why don't you see the Chargers in OT just execute a game winning drive for Pete's sake? Why is there absolutlely no creativity to their offense? No bootleg/rollout, no fleeflicker, no shovel pass? Nothing to mix it up against those Ravens? Not a screen pass, not a lateral, not a direct snap? These are not your Dan Fouts Chargers, are they? How do the owners tolerate this play calling, and road to no where?
    Last edited by 4seasons; 11-25-12 at 07:13 PM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I want to see the Chargers play the Cowboys. I've never seen a game where both teams find a way to lose.