spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

What am I missing with Atl -1 and Pitt -1?

Atl at TB and Pitt at cleveland? These seem like slam dunks, but what am I overlooking on these seemingly "easy" bets. Shouldn't both these lines be atleast 7?

hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

TB has been very good winning 4 straight, Atl still doesn't get the respect that you expect from a 9-1 team. Pittsburgh is using their 3rd string QB. I agree with both of these lines.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt Ryan is going to have a field day against TB and their pathetic secondary. Pitt -1 looks great. Awesome to throw in a big parlay

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

cleveland is going to win pittsburgh not very good on the road.. especially vs browns

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Charlie Batch is the QB for Pittsburgh. Good luck.

spongerat

cleveland is just so bad, and Atl is 9-1 how are they not getting respect?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    browns have played extremely competitive fb throughout the yr,,,cant even think of a gm they have played where they didnt have a chance to win besides the gmen gm (even the nyg gm they came out strong and took it to gmen until they woke up)...young team and havnt figured out how to win but they much better than i think you giving them credit for based off the "cle is just so bad" comment.. that said i like to be catching some points with the brownies and expect steelers and old man batch to find a way to grind out a ugly W, wouldnt bet on it tho as cle winning certainly wouldnt be a shocker....hate totals that low but think they be hard pressed to go over, you gotta go back a ways to find the last time browns put up more than 10 on pit, this a improved cle offense but still lack playmakers on outside and have been miserable cashing in red zone chances...steelers will prob run 45 times and be thrilled to score 17 as that should be enough....

other gm ive felt bucs been underrated all season, last week was one of very few i didnt bet them but they somehow found a way to win that gm,,,sure atl will work over bucs secondary some but on the flip side bucs are so balanced and i think they can dictate tempo with their run gm, we are after all talking about a atl team that has been whipped in the run gm the last few weeks (even the cardinals ran successfully on them) and plenty of times throughout this season, if atl decides to try and take martin away freeman and co be working against a banged up secondary..honestly as talented as falcons are offensively i dont think it a stretch to say bucs every bit as talented if not more so with vjax/williams just a slight downgrade from white and julio (who is gimpy), martin clearly the best back in the gm, for all attention ryan been getting Freeman is playing very good fb himself..i would make this a pk on a neutral field, -3.5 in atl (cant discount their home field), doubt bucs home field worth 3 but id say bucs -2 about where i think it should be...over certainly worth a look, id lean bucs but i think it a toss up and prob comes down to who has the ball last....
    Points Awarded:

thefastship gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: thefastship

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

I agree Cleveland is no cake walk, Richardson playing out of his mind and their pass rush is excellent. Batch will be throwing under pressure most of the day, if Cleveland limits the Pitt rushing yards they can easily win one at home against the Steelers here

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They will get respect when they deserve it, their record is VERY deceptive.

p19101
    Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    I agree Cleveland is no cake walk, Richardson playing out of his mind and their pass rush is excellent. Batch will be throwing under pressure most of the day, if Cleveland limits the Pitt rushing yards they can easily win one at home against the Steelers here
    Yes, I like Cleveland in this spot.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    easily win 1 and cle should not be in same sentence,, i agree they have chance here but there be nothing easy about it and more than likely they play well but make key mistakes or simply fail to punch scoring chances in and lose a heart breaker....as much as i like cle i gotta have some points to play them, maybe a+1.5 is around and i can tease them to +7.5 where id feel pretty good,,hell a fg and id be tempted...ultimately in a gm i think be a physical grind it out affair i cant have my money on browns pulling it out over a very well coached veteran pit squad....

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Really like these plays

Seattle -3- We all know what is going on with Miami they have regressed tremendously. There is no home field advantage in Miami and the Fins have been a GREAT Fade at home over the past couple of seasons. I just cannot see Tannehill stacking up well against that Seattle D and Seattle has slowly been learning how to put some points on the board. Will Bush have a big enough day to propel Miami to cover/win? Or is it more likely that Lynch will do it for Seattle? I like Sea by a TD

Jaguars +4- I cannot believe I am thinking this but I am liking this bet more and more. Gabbert is awful and Henne is at least providing some sort of a spark but who knows for how long. Blackmon and Shorts are beast and Henne has the goods to get the ball to them down the field and Tenn secondary is awful. I know Titans are off a bye but I do not see that as much of an advantage as it would be for a good team. In fact, Jax keeping it so close to Houston last week should be a major confidence builder for the jags. The wild card is C. Johnson who should have a big day but I really like the 4 points for the Jags at home.
    Already bet the O 44 on this game

Carolina -2.5- I know Philly is at home and they are playing to keep jobs and all that noise. No need for a long write up here, the Eagles have almost no chance of getting McCoy back for Monday night, Eagles D is terrible and the QB position is a mess went from one train wreck to another. I will most likely fade Philly for the rest of the year. On this for 2 units

GL All

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    browns have played extremely competitive fb throughout the yr,,,cant even think of a gm they have played where they didnt have a chance to win besides the gmen gm (even the nyg gm they came out strong and took it to gmen until they woke up)...young team and havnt figured out how to win but they much better than i think you giving them credit for based off the "cle is just so bad" comment.. that said i like to be catching some points with the brownies and expect steelers and old man batch to find a way to grind out a ugly W, wouldnt bet on it tho as cle winning certainly wouldnt be a shocker....hate totals that low but think they be hard pressed to go over, you gotta go back a ways to find the last time browns put up more than 10 on pit, this a improved cle offense but still lack playmakers on outside and have been miserable cashing in red zone chances...steelers will prob run 45 times and be thrilled to score 17 as that should be enough....

other gm ive felt bucs been underrated all season, last week was one of very few i didnt bet them but they somehow found a way to win that gm,,,sure atl will work over bucs secondary some but on the flip side bucs are so balanced and i think they can dictate tempo with their run gm, we are after all talking about a atl team that has been whipped in the run gm the last few weeks (even the cardinals ran successfully on them) and plenty of times throughout this season, if atl decides to try and take martin away freeman and co be working against a banged up secondary..honestly as talented as falcons are offensively i dont think it a stretch to say bucs every bit as talented if not more so with vjax/williams just a slight downgrade from white and julio (who is gimpy), martin clearly the best back in the gm, for all attention ryan been getting Freeman is playing very good fb himself..i would make this a pk on a neutral field, -3.5 in atl (cant discount their home field), doubt bucs home field worth 3 but id say bucs -2 about where i think it should be...over certainly worth a look, id lean bucs but i think it a toss up and prob comes down to who has the ball last....

^^^This. Browns are better than most people think. They're still bad, but should be a good game with Charlie Batch and the Steelers. And ATL/TB is, in my opinion, a toss up in Tampa Bay. Line is right.

spongerat

the browns are underrated I agree, but they also have a hard time winning. As underrated as they are I still think Pitt is a level above them. They're 2-8 and 5-4-1 ATS and only getting 1 point, so they're not really THAT underrated...

p19101
    Giants!

the browns are underrated I agree, but they also have a hard time winning. As underrated as they are I still think Pitt is a level above them. They're 2-8 and 5-4-1 ATS and only getting 1 point, so they're not really THAT underrated...
    It's also not Big Ben they're facing...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I like both picks pal.

I also like San Fran -1 against the "aints"

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Sorry but just not buying this over-rated Falcon team. They have had a cush schedule and barely squeeked out home wins vs terrible teams. They have no running game and I think Tampa grounds and pounds their weak run defense and sets up Freeman for the big hit a few times. This is Tampa or nothing for me. GL!

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Freeman sucked against Carolina....if not for the choke at the end

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Also Tampa bay has not beaten anyone with a winning record except Minnesota......

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Not saying tampa has but in basically a pick'em game I would side with the home squad that can run the ball. Both teams are smoke and mirrors once Atl gets in the playoffs they will get punked again by a physical football team.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like tampa here too. browns pitt could go either way... also like the 49ers.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Freeman sucked against Carolina....if not for the choke at the end
    panthers defense is prob much better than you give them credit for...

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Atl at TB and Pitt at cleveland? These seem like slam dunks, but what am I overlooking on these seemingly "easy" bets. Shouldn't both these lines be atleast 7?
    I think these lines are fine but might actually make Cleveland a slight favorite. The 2 lines I question are why are the Saints and Chargers not favored? Both are playing teams off big national TV wins while there foes had pathetic backup QB play.
    Last edited by Slimpickens; 11-24-12 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

any team that loses to the titans is bad. pittsburgh lost to the titans. thats bad.

cleveland wins by a FG or more - won't surprise me. they hung with the ravens recently (late TD called back which cost them the game) and they always seem to hang with teams.

HotCapper25
    HotCapper25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I'm a Steeler's fan and I can tell you the Steeler's are not all that great. They are maybe a wild card team but not a top team. Also consider they have their third string quarterback playing and Big Ben was a huge part of this team's success. I've seen two power rankings that have the Steelers not even in the top ten. The power rating for the game had Steelers as 4 point favorites, but that is not factoring the QB situation, so I could say this line is about right. Also the Brown's are averaging losing by five points, so not the worst team in the league by far. The Steelers almost got beat by the Chiefs at home. Granted Ben got hurt but he did play half of the game and they were at home. It was pathetic.

Tampa Bay is probably the most underrated team in the league. They are 6-4, and pretty much EVERY single game they could have won, a couple losses came down to final plays. I think even one was a little sketchy that they didn't get the call. I think it was the Saints game if I remember right, and they almost beat N.O. who was coming off a bye. And New Orleans beat Atlanta last week by four points. I've also seen a power ranking line that has Atlanta as the one point favorite so this is probably about right.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Slim the Dolts +1 are probably my fave pick of the day!

HotCapper25
    HotCapper25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

But most of the public seems to agree with you, I just checked and majority of the bets are on Pitt and Atlanta, not that that matters anymore.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Cleveland is the play in my opinion. Tampa should also win that game.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tampa might be the best bet of the early games anyhow

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Slim the Dolts +1 are probably my fave pick of the day!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

cleveland hasnt been that bad, there progressing. I dont see batch throwing for more than a TD. Cleveland should win a low scoring game.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Be careful with Atlanta... Witherspoon, Samuel, Jerry all dinged up. Their defense as a whole is the walking wounded. They already are giving up something like 5 yds per carry. Also, Julio Jones' ankle is all jacked up. He was limited in practice Thur and Fri and didn't practice all last week. Reaggravated it in the AZ game where he only had 3 catches for 33 yds. Look for Martin and Jackson to have huge days. Over is the only play in this game.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave El Nino 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Tampa is juiced up for you guys so the books make their money after Atlanta wins, lol.