Green bay + 3.5 @ home????

Surely they wont just let detroit win?

are they playing a 2nd team?

do Detroit have anything to play for?

cherrs in advance.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If DET loses & ATL wins (they are a huge favorite hosting TB), DET will drop to the #6 seed and likely travel to NO for the wildcard playoff round. Nobody wants to travel to NO in the playoffs. If DET gets the #5 seed by beating GB, they'll travel to the DAL/NYG SNF winner, which is a much more winnable road playoff game.

I'm not sure what GB is going to do now that they've got the #1 seed locked up. But if Rodgers starts taking any kind of hit against a nasty Lions defensive team playing for playoff seeding, I can't see them leaving Rodgers out there behind a patchwork offensive line in a meaningless game.
    Last edited by slacker00; 12-28-11 at 04:50 AM.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I don't believe Rodgers plays more than a half. And as Slacker stated, if he starts getting hit early, he won't even play a half. I would also assume that certain key guys like Matthews and Woodson may not even make an appearance, along with an already knicked up Pickett. So without a lot to play for AND the addition of the slight possibility of playing the Lions in 2 weeks should they win a playoff game, I don't see any reason to put much effort or game planning in.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

GB would and should fire their coach and his staff if they put Rodgers out there for any length of time. This game is meaningless to GB and does have playoff seeding value for Det. It's built into the line already.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    GB would and should fire their coach and his staff if they put Rodgers out there for any length of time. This game is meaningless to GB and does have playoff seeding value for Det. It's built into the line already.
    That's not true and if you had read the other thread you would realize why.

meader99

It's absolutely true. Green Bay's main goal Sunday will be to escape healthy. Detroit, however, needs the win to avoid going to New Orleans, where none of the wild cards want to go.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    It's absolutely true. Green Bay's main goal Sunday will be to escape healthy. Detroit, however, needs the win to avoid going to New Orleans, where none of the wild cards want to go.
    So then Rodgers will have a 3 week vacation?

Not a good plan prior to playoffs.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

@SteveRyan: clearly you've bet the other side. GB will not be playing starters very much in this game. Why on Earth would they?

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    @SteveRyan: clearly you've bet the other side. GB will not be playing starters very much in this game. Why on Earth would they?
    Already explained that in at least 2 threads. It has to do with timing. QB's and receivers must stay on top of their timing. You cant bench these guys for 3 weeks and expect them to be in sync come the playoffs.

I guarantee that Rodgers will throw for most, if not all, of the 1st half.

If you want some advice, bet GB in the 1st half and Detroit in the 2nd half.

meader99

So you think Jennings should come back to early for this game so he gets his timing?McCarthy may treat this as the 4th preseason game. If Rodgers and the Packer offense comes out and moves the ball well and scores like they did against Chicago last week, then Rodgers may get the hook after 1 series. That's the kind of coach McCarthy is. He wants to see a good, clean, in sync drive then he will be satisfied. Unless you're in the locker room, I wouldn't go guaranteeing anyones playing status.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Already explained that in at least 2 threads. It has to do with timing. QB's and receivers must stay on top of their timing. You cant bench these guys for 3 weeks and expect them to be in sync come the playoffs.

You also can't win a Super Bowl if you lose Rodgers or a select few others in a totally meaningless regular season finale.

AKATDOG
    AKATDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

u heard of practice? they play with each other everyday, it has nothing to do with timing

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by AKATDOG View Post
    u heard of practice? they play with each other everyday, it has nothing to do with timing
    Teams practice during bye weeks also, but it still affects how they play the following week.

meader99

Teams practice during bye weeks also, but it still affects how they play the following week.
    Yeah...Check out how the bye has wrecked the Eagles.