ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

how are the colts going to score points tonight?

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Yeah...good question.

In last weeks game vs Tennessee, Orlovsky didnt throw a single pass in the last 9 minutes of the game. Could that be why the won? When this guy throws the ball they lose.

If they learned anything from that, Indy's plan tonight will involve a big running game. Problem is, Houston has one of the best rushing D's in the league....so they will put an end to that. Which leaves them with Orlovsky trying to get something going....and failing. I dont expect Indy to show up much in the 1st half....6 or less points.

Interesting note is that Orlovsky played for Houston in 2009 and 2010, so they know what to expect from him. They started him in only 1 game before letting him go.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Answer: They aren't going too.

ridims

i would be surprised if the colts put up more then 2 field goals tonight

colts last week scored 27 points, 7 off a pick 6 compliments from dummie and 7 from a 80 yard run in the last 4 mins of the game.

There is no way Donald Brown rushes over 100 yards again back 2 back when he hasn't run over 80 all year.

Tennessees 23rd best rush D (128 yrds a game) is nothing like Houstons rush D. Not even close.

Orlovsky is going to be running for his life.

Brutal matchup for these Colts...... Short week. Coming off a emotional first win the season LOL.

BLOOOWWWWW OUTTTT

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

get this/alltime houston is 0-9 at indy homefield/

ridims

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    get this/alltime houston is 0-9 at indy homefield/
    that was against a respectable ball club. indy is 1-13 for a reason.

ya not against a scrub qb and a team who hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. yay they beat a .500 team last week because of a pick 6 and a late 80 yr run in from a rb who hasn't averaged more then 50 yards a week.

if texans had no D id side with colts because they have a hard time scoring. however, texans D is for real and have proved it this year. Yes they lost last week but it was against a team who has a relatively good O (put up more then 21+ points a game) and the texans returned from a big win in Cincy the week before...

look for them to show up and put up a crooked number on these Colts. I really like to see how the Colts attempt to score tonight. They better hope for some big D scores or some kick off returns for TD's.
    Last edited by ridims; 12-22-11 at 03:57 PM.

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

the thing that is being overlooked is that wade phillips was a major contributor to the turnaround of the defense... he was on medical leave last week and they got torched by cam newton. Don't think the colts won't put points on the board

Ockert12
    Ockert12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Yeah...good question.

In last weeks game vs Tennessee, Orlovsky didnt throw a single pass in the last 9 minutes of the game. Could that be why the won? When this guy throws the ball they lose.

If they learned anything from that, Indy's plan tonight will involve a big running game. Problem is, Houston has one of the best rushing D's in the league....so they will put an end to that. Which leaves them with Orlovsky trying to get something going....and failing. I dont expect Indy to show up much in the 1st half....6 or less points.

Interesting note is that Orlovsky played for Houston in 2009 and 2010, so they know what to expect from him. They started him in only 1 game before letting him go.
    Dan Orlovsky really hasn't been playing that bad (other than that game against the ravens) and he could have easily led the colts to 7 or 8 wins had he been the starter all along.

I'll put my faith in him and the colts as dogs in this home primetime matchup.

BOL of course

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rockaflocka View Post
    the thing that is being overlooked is that wade phillips was a major contributor to the turnaround of the defense... he was on medical leave last week and they got torched by cam newton. Don't think the colts won't put points on the board

Here is something that has been REALLY overlooked.

Before the New England game Mike Murphy the linebacker coach of Indy was promoted to interim defensive coordinator and has made what he calls "a few tweaks" to the defensive scheme. More importantly he is now making the defensive calls.

Including that New England game and since, the Colts have played some pretty good defense, especially against the run.

This is not the same garbage Colts defense that we saw in the first 10 games.

T.J Yates without healthy tight ends is going to have to beat the Colts at home by 7.

I am going to buy a half here and play the Colts for shits and giggles @7.5.
    Last edited by billysink; 12-22-11 at 05:34 PM.

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Is this a bad idea? Taking two teasers 7 points. Houston pick em and Under 47.5 and Colts +14 and Under 47.5 Im hoping to hit the middle.

Cheers!

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

better question is how are the texans going to win

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    ......Which leaves them with Orlovsky trying to get something going....and failing. I dont expect Indy to show up much in the 1st half....6 or less points.

Expected more from Houston though.

Under 40.5 looking good
    Houston -7 looking okay

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

answer: refs

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

The defense has improved 10 fold over the first 10 games and that should be noted for the finale.

I did win my shits and giggles wager on the Colts (wasting money buying a half) but I have to say that the officiating in the game was more than questionable. That guy on the D-Line, Watt or whoever got ****** over bad.

I am not one to believe in any type of agenda, I will grant some homerism from time to time but this one did have a bit of a foul odor.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Thanks god, I did not bet this games because of NCAAB, and Colts won.

Ockert12
    Ockert12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ockert12 View Post
    Dan Orlovsky really hasn't been playing that bad (other than that game against the ravens) and he could have easily led the colts to 7 or 8 wins had he been the starter all along. I'll put my faith in him and the colts as dogs in this home primetime matchup. BOL of course
    The refs along with Dan pulled through. Good game guys