hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Who Benefits from Throwing a game Week 16/17

Im looking at the playoff scenarios and can't quite figure it out. Its been done in the past.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. BE CAREFUL PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO BETTING WK 16 & 17.

If 49ers lose to Seahawks on Saturday, I think GB locks up the #1 seed in the NFC, so there would be a good chance GB rests starters. And I think Seattle does beat SF on Saturday.

hecameup
    hecameup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing. BE CAREFUL PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO BETTING WK 16 & 17.

If 49ers lose to Seahawks on Saturday, I think GB locks up the #1 seed in the NFC, so there would be a good chance GB rests starters. And I think Seattle does beat SF on Saturday.

49rs clinch 1st round bye if they win and New Orleans loses... so to that theory!

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

ATL and DET can lose in week 16 and still easily win in week 17 agianst Bucs and disinterested Packers. Theory: It allows Seahawks and Cardinals hope in week 17 and better tv rating. Pretty stupid.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really fukkin good cookies right here.

3-1/2 cups (875 mL) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
    1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
    1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
    1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
    4 eggs
    1 tbsp. (15 mL) black coffee (leftover is fine)
    1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
    2-1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
    1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
    1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
    1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
    1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
    Cooking Instructions
    In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of the chocolate chips and the butter. Microwave on high power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once or until chocolate chips are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to the chocolate mixture and beat, with an electric mixer, just until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Mix in coffee and vanilla.
    In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture in two or three additions, beating just until everything is smoothly incorporated. Stir in the remaining 2 cups (500 mL) of the chocolate chips, the chopped walnuts and the cranberries, stirring just until mixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line one or two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
    By hand, roll the dough into balls the size of golf balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart (they will spread).
    Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or just until set. It's better to underbake these slightly, as they will firm up as they cool. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a rack, if you can wait that long.

This has about as much to do with football as the rest of this thread.

The fukkin cookies are the best.

Enjoy.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

Colts
    A loss in each of their final two games would assure them of the No. 1 pick.