SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Need some spreadsheet advice.

I am in the process of making a spreadsheet for the 2012 NFL season.

The purpose of the spreadsheet is to keep track of my bets, wins, losses, net profit, and other stuff related to the financial side of sports betting, but the most important thing it will be doing is calculating statistics for every NFL team from week to week.

So far, this is what it will do automatically for me when I enter final scores from week to week:

1. Divisional standings
    2. Number of wins/losses per team
    3. Average home points per team
    4. Average away points per team
    5. Average points over-all per team
    6. Average home, away and over-all points per team for weeks 1-3, 4-7, 8-11, and 12-16.
    7. Home winning percentage
    8. Away winning percentage

I am also considering a simple function for calculating team standings ATS, but I know that I can easily find this on the internet.

Although this is a good start, I assume it is not enough. When I get home I will attach the XLS if anyone would like to look at it.

What other types of stats should I be keeping track of to make this spreadsheet even better?

wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

I should start doing this as well

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardr886 View Post
    I should start doing this as well
    You can use my spreadsheet if you want. I attached it in this post.

I saved it as an Excel 97-2003 workbook so if you have an older version of Excel you can open it. Their might be some minor differences between what I see and what you will see (Formatting kinda stuff) but the formulas are all compatible.

The green areas are the only places where you can enter data. All other colored areas should not be touched as they have formulas and cell references within them.

Save it to your desktop before you tinker around with it.

The data that is in it right now is just made up so that I could test the formulas and cell references I made.

I can still add more stuff to it if I get some good suggestions.
    Attached Files

SteveRyan

I made some changes to the spreadsheet.

It is much easier now to enter final scores and who won the game.

I also added a Sagarin table that automatically populates the rating into the cell row where you type the team name.

I filled in the current data for New England so you can see how it works.

Would like to get some feedback on this spreadsheet as I have spent hours upon hours creating it.

Thanks
    Attached Files