BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Desean is a scumbag

The Eagles recent downfall is because of Desean Jackson. TO used to obliterate teams - now Desean did it. Vince Young has about 8 picks in 3 games, 4 are basically on Desean. He doesn't come back for the ball and does not give a shit. If any of you watched the game on the Network today he didn't talk to any teammates on the sidelines. Mccoy caught a 25 yd swing pass and Jackson was running away from blocks and waited for his teammate to be tackled. He should be suspended w/o pay the rest of season and no one should want this piece of sh**

mrpinkie
    mrpinkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2094

Desean Jackson = cocky little prick

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Reminds me of Randy Moss. Minus, ya know, the first half of a career
    Last edited by ncsubowen; 12-01-11 at 11:14 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Eagles were bad B4 Desean ever quit.

Remember (1-4) first five weeks of season.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Kid has a chip on his shoulder, for only getting 500K a year, and no new contract. Team bringing in new pieces and overpaying for them, and still losing. Would be different if they were winning with those new expensive pieces.

I might be a little peed off myself.

Still, with his play, he isn't helping himself get that big contract. So he is screwing himself, along with his teammates.

He isn't the only thing wrong with the Eagles, but he is a nice piece of it.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

He might be benched for the season.

BigDeem5

I don't care how much you're getting paid. Hold out in training camp, not during the damn game. Not blocking for Mccoy, it is all childish. Eagles might need a change at not only WR but Head Coach. Maclin is a stud, but they'll need a #2 bc Cooper/Avant are not cutting it.

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

he's an idiot. cocky kid

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i don't blame him about the money. i would act the same way he does going across the middle just waiting to get blown up by players much bigger than him. no way i would open my self to those kind of potential career ending concussion hits going across the middle for 500K.

it is just self preservation to survive major injury until he can get a contract.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i don't blame him about the money. i would act the same way he does going across the middle just waiting to get blown up by players much bigger than him. no way i would open my self to those kind of potential career ending concussion hits going across the middle for 500K.
    it is just self preservation to survive major injury until he can get a contract.
    So you accept his behavior? I would be pissed off if I was an Eagles fan. Whether its towards FO or the player himself, there's enough blame to pass around. One thing is certain is that Desean Jackson is a young punk. I don't see a change in his attitude, so not surprised by him quitting. Talented, but destructive.

uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

this is the kind of garbage that follows Vick... Atlanta had the same issues when he was the de facto leader of their team...he is not just a coach-killer he is also a cancer for authority...

GotWood?
    GotWood?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're a top 5 WR like he claims & wants to be paid like, than you go after the ball no matter where it is. He's got the talent but, he's not a #1 WR. He gets shut down too often. The Eagles realize this & that's why they won't pay him. Maclin is their best WR & he's got a new contract coming up soon also, so there's no way they will pay top $$ for both WR's and Maclin is their better choice.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't blame him about the money. i would act the same way he does going across the middle just waiting to get blown up by players much bigger than him. no way i would open my self to those kind of potential career ending concussion hits going across the middle for 500K. it is just self preservation to survive major injury until he can get a contract.
    across the middle? how often do u think he runs across the middle....
    the dude runs go routes all the time

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Victor Cruz is making 405k this season. plays hard every game. maybe someone should tell him to stop?
    jackson is playing like he doesn't want to be paid.

Dayman
    Dayman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Victor Cruz is making 405k this season. plays hard every game. maybe someone should tell him to stop?
    jackson is playing like he doesn't want to be paid.
    Well said. Lucrative deals are given because of what you do with your talent, not simply because you have it.

If this kid had gone out there, played his heart out and still lost...then that's ok. But you can't ask for superstar money if this is how you plan on playing with a little adversity.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

No defending Desean's recent actions, he's been acting like an insolent prick. I think onlooker made some good points above...I think of myself at that age and some of the "stances" I took at times and how they would be perceived if millions of eyes were on me. Again, no excuses for his actions but everything isn't always so black and white.

Not sure if everyone is familiar with this story:

In January 2011, a 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy named Nadin Khoury was walking home from school. He was accosted by a group of seven boys who proceeded to viciously and relentlessly attack him for approximately 30 minutes. One of the perpetrators filmed the attack on his phone. Nadin subsequently informed his parents of the attack, they informed the police and the video that was found propelled this incident into the national spotlight.
    After the video was released, Nadin appeared on the morning show “The View”. At the end of his interview, he was surprised by his favorite NFL player, DeSean Jackson. He came onto the stage with two of his Philadelphia Eagle teammates and gave Nadin the jersey off of his back. Nadin was so overcome with emotion that he broke into tears.
    Since then, Jackson has started a personal crusade against bullying and has worked nationally to raise awareness and to promote anti-bullying causes. This is such a perfect fit for an athlete. As Sports Illustrated’s Mike Rosenberg writes, “In many ways, it is the ideal cause for a pro athlete — exactly the right way to use our country’s sports-idol worship for the greater good…athletes are uniquely suited to fight bullying. From elementary school to pick-up games at the Y, they command respect from their peers. They epitomize cool. And if they say bullying is not cool, that resonates.” I couldn’t have said it any better.
    This is also pretty cool: according to Sports Illustrated, Nadin Khoury and DeSean Jackson now have a friendship and continue to keep in touch. I would bet my lucky Bronco’s hat that Nadin is no longer bullied.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Jackson didn't warm up with his position group, didn't finish his routes, and didn't bother to look teammates in the eye last night. He was more friendly with Marshawn Lynch than anyone on the Eagles. Jackson didn't seem to be heavily involved in the game plan, either, though coach Andy Reid attributed his disappointing production to Seattle rolling a safety over the top. Jackson went off on reporters after the game when asked about his attitude. His relationship with the Eagles may be irreparable.
    Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    No defending Desean's recent actions, he's been acting like an insolent prick. I think onlooker made some good points above...I think of myself at that age and some of the "stances" I took at times and how they would be perceived if millions of eyes were on me. Again, no excuses for his actions but everything isn't always so black and white. Not sure if everyone is familiar with this story: In January 2011, a 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy named Nadin Khoury was walking home from school. He was accosted by a group of seven boys who proceeded to viciously and relentlessly attack him for approximately 30 minutes. One of the perpetrators filmed the attack on his phone. Nadin subsequently informed his parents of the attack, they informed the police and the video that was found propelled this incident into the national spotlight. After the video was released, Nadin appeared on the morning show “The View”. At the end of his interview, he was surprised by his favorite NFL player, DeSean Jackson. He came onto the stage with two of his Philadelphia Eagle teammates and gave Nadin the jersey off of his back. Nadin was so overcome with emotion that he broke into tears. Since then, Jackson has started a personal crusade against bullying and has worked nationally to raise awareness and to promote anti-bullying causes. This is such a perfect fit for an athlete. As Sports Illustrated’s Mike Rosenberg writes, “In many ways, it is the ideal cause for a pro athlete — exactly the right way to use our country’s sports-idol worship for the greater good…athletes are uniquely suited to fight bullying. From elementary school to pick-up games at the Y, they command respect from their peers. They epitomize cool. And if they say bullying is not cool, that resonates.” I couldn’t have said it any better. This is also pretty cool: according to Sports Illustrated, Nadin Khoury and DeSean Jackson now have a friendship and continue to keep in touch. I would bet my lucky Bronco’s hat that Nadin is no longer bullied.
    I did read about this. He gave the kid his phone number as well to call him anytime if he needs to talk. Stand up guy from this perspective.

Brett
    Brett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 539

He is still a black piece of shit

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    He is still a black piece of shit
    Why does he have to be a black piece of shit?? Why can't he just be a piece of shit??

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    The Eagles recent downfall is because of Desean Jackson. TO used to obliterate teams - now Desean did it. Vince Young has about 8 picks in 3 games, 4 are basically on Desean. He doesn't come back for the ball and does not give a shit. If any of you watched the game on the Network today he didn't talk to any teammates on the sidelines. Mccoy caught a 25 yd swing pass and Jackson was running away from blocks and waited for his teammate to be tackled. He should be suspended w/o pay the rest of season and no one should want this piece of sh**
    Agree.
    DeSean is the cancer that killed the clubhouse, campaigned for sypathy that he is only making $ 600K but Eagles brought in outside free agents for millions. Like HE is "family". Split the team in half. Then QUIT on the field, going thru the motions. He is so stupid, this will cost him a LOT in free agency, who will want this loser? Will he play for me full time, when things go wrong? It'll cost DeSean MILLINONS.
    Additioanlly, making Michael Vick his QB was a disastrous move by Reid.
    Leadership? No.
    Character? No.
    Credibility with teammates? No.
    Running QB in the NFL? Never... they are short term successes, then they get hurt, then they get tentative, then they try to be pocket passers and fail.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-02-11 at 02:36 PM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

why do you think he owes anything to eagles fans?

fans have this weird psychological behavior towards teams. for him it is a job, he doesn't care about what the fans think. losses are a bigger deal to fans than to players. you see it all the time after games. players are laughing bullshitting with players of the other team after the game. fans are pissed cursing on the way to their car.

i think there was some deadspin article about sanchez out partying the night of a playoff loss. fans where pissed he wasn't sulking at home.

he runs quite a few routes across the middle. most notable the one he got hurt on last year. and most recent the one they keep showing of him pulling up and ducking the defender instead of catching the ball.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

if he victimizes women and(or) children ill agree he is a scumbag. otherwise, maybe the Eagles Ownership and(or) Leadership are scumbags. as well as their arrogant fat asshole fans.

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Agree.
    DeSean is the cancer that killed the clubhouse, campaigned for sypathy that he is only making $ 600K but Eagles brought in outside free agents for millions. Like HE is "family". Split the team in half. Then QUIT on the field, going thru the motions. He is so stupid, this will cost him a LOT in free agency, who will want this loser? Will he play for me full time, when things go wrong? It'll cost DeSean MILLINONS.
    Additioanlly, making Michael Vick his QB was a disastrous move by Reid.
    Leadership? No.
    Character? No.
    Credibility with teammates? No.
    Running QB in the NFL? Never... they are short term successes, then they get hurt, then they get tentative, then they try to be pocket passers and fail.
    Hell I couldn't have said it any better myself had I tried Serbone. Your comments are bang-on! Hopefully for your sake though, the wee immature jerk, who goes by the name McBain, doesn't read it or you'll be in bigtime trouble.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

who should be their qb then? you act like good qbs just fall from the sky.... Mcnabb? Kolb? Young? Vick was the best available

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

in addition... the NFL network made djax look like a bigger piece of shit then he actually is... he has definitely not handled things correctly this yr, but the NFL network made it look like he was ignoring his teammates, in particular Vince young... the view they showed on tv, it made it look like djax was completely ignoring vince, when the fact is that Vince was actually talking to Cooper who was sitting next to djax. Yea he hasnt carried himself right this season, but they made him look like more of a dick then he actually is last night

BigDeem5

No, he is a total dick. He didnt even help his players up