BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Bob Harvey's Eagles/Giants Spread Week 12 Primer

The Eagles are toast and when the season is over, perhaps sooner, Andy Reid and whoever else signed up on all the expensive free agents will be gone. I don't see anyway they beat the Giants let alone cover.

What do you think?

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I snagged the -3 on Giants as soon as I saw it early this week. I was expecting an opening of roughly -4.5 and maybe a push all the way to -6 or -6.5 before game time. That being said I would not have taken a -6 bet. From experience I have found it more profitable to bet on the giants ATS when they are dogs than favorites.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

The Eagles biggest sin is they don't play as a team. Make all the fun you want about Tim Tebow but guess what? He's made believers of his team mates. With that aside, the Eagles shouldn't be able to cover even at +6 this weekend. Vince Young will have little time to shake off any rust and he's always been a boom or bust QB at the NFL level. There are other angles that support the Giants as the better play here: D Jax not giving a full effort due to his lack of a new contract, the lack of ANY playmakers at the LB position for the Eagles and no talent as well at the safety position. The Giants, like the Bears, appear to be rounding into shape and getting healthy at just the right time. They owned the Eagles in Philly so why not at home as well? With all that said, these teams do quite often play tight games. Hopefully you got it at +-3 and not at the +-6 it's been bid up to now.
    Last edited by DJ Dana; 11-18-11 at 02:00 PM.