Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Go ahead and laugh at me I just made a really dumb mistake

Okay guys I know you are going to talk shit but I will share this with you anyway.

I made a bet on Bears at half time thinking it was Bears ML to win the game. The reason I thought this is b/c they always have live ML lines at every commercial... I 've never bet at half time before so I assumed the +310 was for Bears to win the game.

Literally seconds after I made the bet I just realized how big of a ******* mistake I just made. I had just realized that what I bet was "Bears 2nd half" and then I saw the score was 17-10 I was like fuuuuukkkkkk nooooo

b/c i was knew it was going to be hard as hell to win second half with a 7 point lead already. So ofcourse I lost the second half wager 14-13. It was tough watching the Bears get to the 5 yard line run twice and then Cutler throwing the ball straight into the ground. last night i was on Steelers -3.. been a tough stretch for me with a bunch of bad beats.

Hopefully I turn it around this week and hopefully you guys all make this week too. Just don't make the same mistake I made with the 2nd half ML. I think I will make a new rule for my self no live wagering. It always fukks me over

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive done the same thing when i first started at 5dimes, not on live betting but i bet a 1st half spread instead of the game. Dont stress too much man. This is a long term game, hope your luck changes for the better here.

ssmann
    ssmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2465

i did that once too when i first started last year, live and learn

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn! Nothing is more irritating then placing your wager thinking it's a winner only to find out you took the wrong line. I actually won a bet during last NBA season when I took the wrong side. That was refreshing.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Live betting is a fantastic way to hedge out a profit mid-game when you're not sure your team will hang on. However, if you're going to do it regularly, you really need to have a gameplan before the game starts and be looking for certain numbers. I have a couple of small hedging tools built in excel to do the quick math for me so I know exactly how much to risk on the second bet in a hedge or middle in that small window the line is available.

If you're even moderately familiar with Excel it's a very good application to build for yourself. Good luck with the next one.