dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Why is everyone on this forum on the Falcons this week??

Yes I am a huge eagles fan, but I dont get it??? whats the angle here?? yea I know matty has a good history at home.. but does that outweigh the 30 other things where the eagles have the edge on them??

seems like either bet the eagles or no bet to me...

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Yes I am a huge eagles fan, but I dont get it??? whats the angle here?? yea I know matty has a good history at home.. but does that outweigh the 30 other things where the eagles have the edge on them??

I'm with you, Eagles or pass. Atlanta has no confidence right now and Philly isn't the team to get well with.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    I'm with you, Eagles or pass. Atlanta has no confidence right now and Philly isn't the team to get well with.
    based on one game?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Same we reason I was against them in Week 1.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Same we reason I was against them in Week 1.
    Which was? bet on what seems to be the worse team?

bri42guy
    bri42guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

People like them because Philadelphia's run defense got exposed before S.Jackson went out. I think the bears are extremely underrated, and we'll see Turner be able to run all over the Eagles. If Atlanta gets ahead early they will control the clock and win this game. Vicks offensive line looked average at best and he was lucky to escape without a fumble on a couple plays. I lean Atlanta, but I think the smart money stays off this game. I'm not ready to write Atlanta off on 1 bad performance.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post

when you are a million dollar athlete having confidence is rarely a problem.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by bri42guy View Post
    People like them because Philadelphia's run defense got exposed before S.Jackson went out. I think the bears are extremely underrated, and we'll see Turner be able to run all over the Eagles. If Atlanta gets ahead early they will control the clock and win this game. Vicks offensive line looked average at best and he was lucky to escape without a fumble on a couple plays. I lean Atlanta, but I think the smart money stays off this game. I'm not ready to write Atlanta off on 1 bad performance.
    To counter that though, Turner only ran for 45 yards last year against a weaker version of this defense.. They added jenkins in the middle, and now with the strong corners, they will be able to give more attention to inside the box. And Sjax only touched the ball once before he went out. Any rb in football would have scored on that play... it was just a defensive breakdown on the first play of the game.. nothing special that sjax did.

The main question is, yea maybe Turner could do ok... but how can atl stop Mccoy?? Their #1 DT jonathan Babineaux has already been ruled out.... and if they can stop mccoy, how can they stop vick jackson maclin ect...? if they couldnt slow down the bears, how can they stop this eagles offense who has 10x the offense the bears have?

Nnambi will make roddy a non factor.. so then it is up to Atlantas other average receiving weapons vs asante and drc... they will need to rely on gonzo and turner if they want any chance... but do you really think gonzo and turner can provide the 30+ points needed to win this game? esp when they werent able to last year verse a weaker version of this defense?

dlunc3

people forget this eagles team should have beat the packers last yr in the playoffs... only reason they lost was bc akers missed two chip shot fgs...

All they did was add defensive studs to this team that was already inches away from beating the sb champs..

And now everyone wants to bet against this team with a team that looked awful last week??

I just dont get it...

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

What 30 things do the Eagles have the edge on. I like Atlanta at home for sure.

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The Eagles weren't so impressive either. I watched the game. If the Rams didn't drop pass after pass after pass and Jackson played the whole game it would have been a lot closer. The Eagles offensive line is terrible as well.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperDapper View Post
    What 30 things do the Eagles have the edge on. I like Atlanta at home for sure.
    To start, they held turner to 45 yards last yr with a weaker defense... they added the best corner (arguably with revis) since deion to shut down roddy... they have an offense full of speed that atlantas defense has nothing to counter with... atlanta is without their #1 defensive tackle... the falcons looked like garbage last week and couldnt stop an average offense... the eagles smashed the falcons in atl last year even with no vick... atl has lost their last two home games vs playoff contenders... and the list could keep going..

What does atl. have going for them other then that they are home (which like I said has meant nothing recently vs good teams)? yea turner could do well too if he can get through the eagles line... but good enough to keep up with the eagles offense??

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by postal warrior View Post
    The Eagles weren't so impressive either. I watched the game. If the Rams didn't drop pass after pass after pass and Jackson played the whole game it would have been a lot closer. The Eagles offensive line is terrible as well.
    Sjax wouldnt have made any difference, you should know that if you watched the game.. Caddy came in and ran very well..

And also.. if you watched the game, you should have noticed that the only reason the rams had chances to drop passes, was bc the eagles kept bailing them out on third down with stupid penalties.. after that first run of the game, the rams really had no chance to score, even with all the penalties.

The eagles oline has 4 solid vets now that will just continue to get better the more they work with each other, as last week was their first time playing together... they may be weak vs the pass, but vick has shown he can make up for that until they gel together (as long as he doesnt kill himself)... but how can you say they are terrible?? did you see they holes they opened up for mccoy vs what was supposed to be an above average stl defensive line?
    Last edited by dlunc3; 09-13-11 at 06:11 PM.

dlunc3

Im just trying to play devils advocate here, since I see everyone all about the Atl ml this week... it obviously could be a good game, but IMO, I see no reason to put even $1 on the falcons..

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Don't put to much stock into week one. Falcons aren't as bad as they played. Eagles beat the Rams but that isn't saying much.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Don't put to much stock into week one. Falcons aren't as bad as they played. Eagles beat the Rams but that isn't saying much.
    Agreed...may be a reason to lay off the game.. but what is what reason to bet the falcons?

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Agreed...may be a reason to lay off the game.. but what is what reason to bet the falcons?
    Matt Ryan is a completely different QB at home. Just check his splits, hes 20-2 at home. Atlanta will bounce back big in this spot, lets not forget they lost their opener last season also.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Matt Ryan is a completely different QB at home. Just check his splits, hes 20-2 at home. Atlanta will bounce back big in this spot, lets not forget they lost their opener last season also.
    True, but let's not forget he lost his last two at home vs playoff teams and got smashed by the eagles last yr with no vick.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no play for me

cant lay pts @ atlanta, but eagles will want to win for Vick

maybe play the over?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

To start, they held turner to 45 yards last yr with a weaker defense... they added the best corner (arguably with revis) since deion to shut down roddy... they have an offense full of speed that atlantas defense has nothing to counter with... atlanta is without their #1 defensive tackle... the falcons looked like garbage last week and couldnt stop an average offense... the eagles smashed the falcons in atl last year even with no vick... atl has lost their last two home games vs playoff contenders... and the list could keep going..

What does atl. have going for them other then that they are home (which like I said has meant nothing recently vs good teams)? yea turner could do well too if he can get through the eagles line... but good enough to keep up with the eagles offense??
    Get your facts straight the game was in the Philly last year. Losing Babineaux was a huge loss for this Falcons D. This is a no bet for me.

dlunc3

you are correct, my mistake... but getting beat up by gb and losing to the saints a few weeks prior was in their home stadium in atlanta..

k13

You try to make sense of the NFL, you will lose more often than win.

If Falcons lost by 1000 and Eagles won by 100000 last week I'd probably quadruple my bet.

These are all systematic plays, not much to discuss.

Only thing that would change my mind if the line went 3.5, 4, 4.5

Public perception and lines will tell you everything in the long run. You are only looking at the short term goal.
    If eagles win, you'll be all proud of yourself like a poker player with Ax who beats KK.

k13

Atlanta has a better chance to beat the Eagles than Tampa Bay week 3 who will most likely lose to Minnesota in week 2.

LittleLarryY
    LittleLarryY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Brain says Eagles or no bet. Experience tells me Home Dog or no bet. Therefore, No Bet for me. GL with whatever you decide.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post

when you are a million dollar athlete having confidence is rarely a problem.
    Ok, then call it pressure. They failed last postseason in spectacular fashion and it's carried over into this year clearly. Are you blind?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Because Matt Ryan is unstoppable in the dome. And that Eagles defense looked like swiss cheese against the run last week, and that was against an old broken Cadillac (Williams).

Stevedore

More bad news for the Falcons. Look for Leshawn McCoy to have a field day against Atlanta's defense.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-out-3-5-weeks

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

PHI whipped them last year and this year won't be any different. Dream Team rolls........

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

eagles in a blowout.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

When a good team looks like sh#t one week they are likely to bounce back the following week. This game is a perfect example of why sports betters are always scratching their head after they lose wondering how the fu#k it was possible that the inferior team actually beat the superior team??
    The mindset is team A looked good last week while team B looked like sh#t, so naturally the public concludes that team A is going to kill team B.
    What gets overlooked here is coaching. It's a promise that after coming off a poor performance Atlanta is going to have a hard tough week of practice & coaches will likely have them ready the following week. Philly on the other hand will have a loose week of practice with coaches maybe even taking it easy during parts of the week. The result Atlanta bonces back after looking like sh#t & Philly has a sleight letdown after a fairly easy road win. Atlanta fired UP for home opener & Philly tired & flat after a two week road trip.
    Honestly, I don't know how anybody could possibly NOT like Atlanta plus points @ home where they are notoriously tough to beat??

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

That's why they give the worse team points. You're allowed to bet on the worse team & take the points. Give it a try sometime??

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

if the whole forum picks falcons, i'd put a little on the eagles.

k13

Do you understand now?

k13

To counter that though, Turner only ran for 45 yards last year against a weaker version of this defense.. They added jenkins in the middle, and now with the strong corners, they will be able to give more attention to inside the box. And Sjax only touched the ball once before he went out. Any rb in football would have scored on that play... it was just a defensive breakdown on the first play of the game.. nothing special that sjax did.

The main question is, yea maybe Turner could do ok... but how can atl stop Mccoy?? Their #1 DT jonathan Babineaux has already been ruled out.... and if they can stop mccoy, how can they stop vick jackson maclin ect...? if they couldnt slow down the bears, how can they stop this eagles offense who has 10x the offense the bears have?

Nnambi will make roddy a non factor.. so then it is up to Atlantas other average receiving weapons vs asante and drc... they will need to rely on gonzo and turner if they want any chance... but do you really think gonzo and turner can provide the 30+ points needed to win this game? esp when they werent able to last year verse a weaker version of this defense?

Sjax wouldnt have made any difference, you should know that if you watched the game.. Caddy came in and ran very well..

And also.. if you watched the game, you should have noticed that the only reason the rams had chances to drop passes, was bc the eagles kept bailing them out on third down with stupid penalties.. after that first run of the game, the rams really had no chance to score, even with all the penalties.

The eagles oline has 4 solid vets now that will just continue to get better the more they work with each other, as last week was their first time playing together... they may be weak vs the pass, but vick has shown he can make up for that until they gel together (as long as he doesnt kill himself)... but how can you say they are terrible?? did you see they holes they opened up for mccoy vs what was supposed to be an above average stl defensive line?
    Like I said before, none of this means anything.

Now all these same fish will be betting on Atlanta this week vs Tampa and most likely lose.
    This is how the nfl works.