EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

1st fishy line of the season

chargers -9 @ home VS vikings.

This line says set up all over it. The obvious move would be to take Vikings here so my gut tells me not to. But can someone share some insight on why the line is so high? Its actually the biggest line of the week along with the INDY/HOU game.

Last time these guys played. peterson had arguably the best game in football history... though i did come across some team notes saying they have 3 news guys in the front and are mediocre at best. that mixed with a new QB i can understand a heavy fav but 9 points???

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

I think the over it's the better play on this game. If I had to pick a side I would probably take the points chargers usually start kind off slow

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone is on slow start thing. I have sd winning bid with easy cover.
    Im two n ooooo on plays last night n formula covered line n total!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

thats not the obvious move. vikings suck, chargers are good.

eagles rams is the first fishly line of the season.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    thats not the obvious move. vikings suck, chargers are good.

eagles rams is the first fishly line of the season.
    What's so fishy bout Eagles/Rams line??

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

Nothing at all, people are still hyped about the Rams in preseason lol.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i don't think it's fishy, i think chargers win by 17

EBDOGGN

none of you have given a valid reason as to why its at +9. indy is +9 w.o there strting qb and they have a shitty rb, vikings have there qb, best rb in the game, mediocre o-line and a decent defense. I understand ppl who would wanna say charges are a better team but that dosnt justify the line. for the right price I might fire a lil something at vikings ml.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

here's some stuff from this guy's website i like, walter football

Minnesota Vikings (0-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-0)
    Line: Chargers by 8.5. Total: 41.5.
    Walt's Projected Line (Before Preseason): Chargers -9.5.
    Walt's Projected Line (After Preseason): Chargers -9.
    Sunday, Sept. 11, 4:15 ET
    Buy Tickets
    Discuss Game, Talk Trash

The Game. Edge: Chargers.

Another friendly reminder that Jerks of the Week for Sept. 5, 2011 are up, so just click the link. This week's jerks are: 1) Watermelon Woman and Meatball Man. 2) Hurricane Irene. 3) Toure.

SAN DIEGO OFFENSE: The Vikings are at a huge disadvantage in this matchup, and I don't think it's been factored into the spread, because the line has been sitting at nine for a while.

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kevin Williams has been suspended for two games. That's huge. With Williams gone, Minnesota returns only one starter from the defensive line. Considering that this was the strength of the stop unit last year, that's not good...

Especially against Philip Rivers. It'll be very difficult for Minnesota to pressure Rivers with just Jared Allen up front, so I really don't see the Vikings slowing down San Diego's offense at all. Rivers is just too good to be allowed to operate with a clean pocket.

MINNESOTA OFFENSE: The question then becomes, can the Vikings keep up with the Chargers on the scoreboard? I say no.

The big issue for the Vikings is the offensive line. It's a mess. Left tackle Charles Johnson, in particular, is really bad. There's no way in hell Johnson will be able to keep Shaun Phillips out of the backfield, and Donovan McNabb is not the scrambler he used to be.

To neutralize San Diego's pass rush, the Vikings will have to establish Adrian Peterson. Considering that the Chargers ranked fifth against the run last year, that's easier said than done.

RECAP: The Chargers pretty much have an edge at nearly every position. They should beat Minnesota pretty easily. I just don't know why so many people expect this to be a close game. Perhaps it's because San Diego is renowned for starting slowly. But even last year, they took care of business at home, beating Jacksonville, 38-13, and Arizona, 41-10. They had their issues on the road.

SURVIVOR PICK: There is no better survivor option than San Diego this week. They're the pick.

I was asked to list six possible survivor choice each week, so here they are, from best to worst: Chargers, Browns, Cardinals, Texans (even though I have them losing), Patriots and Packers. As always, never pick a road team (which is why the Patriots are so low). Never pick a bad team. Never pick an underdog. Never save any teams. Always choose the best option.

The Psychology. Edge: None.
    No edge found.

The Vegas. Edge: Chargers.
    There is suddenly a ton of action on the underdog.
    Percentage of money on Minnesota: 71% (28,000 bets)

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    here's some stuff from this guy's website i like, walter football

Minnesota Vikings (0-0) at San Diego Chargers (0-0)
    Line: Chargers by 8.5. Total: 41.5.
    Walt's Projected Line (Before Preseason): Chargers -9.5.
    Walt's Projected Line (After Preseason): Chargers -9.
    Sunday, Sept. 11, 4:15 ET
    Buy Tickets
    Discuss Game, Talk Trash

The Game. Edge: Chargers.

Another friendly reminder that Jerks of the Week for Sept. 5, 2011 are up, so just click the link. This week's jerks are: 1) Watermelon Woman and Meatball Man. 2) Hurricane Irene. 3) Toure.

SAN DIEGO OFFENSE: The Vikings are at a huge disadvantage in this matchup, and I don't think it's been factored into the spread, because the line has been sitting at nine for a while.

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Kevin Williams has been suspended for two games. That's huge. With Williams gone, Minnesota returns only one starter from the defensive line. Considering that this was the strength of the stop unit last year, that's not good...

Especially against Philip Rivers. It'll be very difficult for Minnesota to pressure Rivers with just Jared Allen up front, so I really don't see the Vikings slowing down San Diego's offense at all. Rivers is just too good to be allowed to operate with a clean pocket.

MINNESOTA OFFENSE: The question then becomes, can the Vikings keep up with the Chargers on the scoreboard? I say no.

The big issue for the Vikings is the offensive line. It's a mess. Left tackle Charles Johnson, in particular, is really bad. There's no way in hell Johnson will be able to keep Shaun Phillips out of the backfield, and Donovan McNabb is not the scrambler he used to be.

To neutralize San Diego's pass rush, the Vikings will have to establish Adrian Peterson. Considering that the Chargers ranked fifth against the run last year, that's easier said than done.

RECAP: The Chargers pretty much have an edge at nearly every position. They should beat Minnesota pretty easily. I just don't know why so many people expect this to be a close game. Perhaps it's because San Diego is renowned for starting slowly. But even last year, they took care of business at home, beating Jacksonville, 38-13, and Arizona, 41-10. They had their issues on the road.

SURVIVOR PICK: There is no better survivor option than San Diego this week. They're the pick.

I was asked to list six possible survivor choice each week, so here they are, from best to worst: Chargers, Browns, Cardinals, Texans (even though I have them losing), Patriots and Packers. As always, never pick a road team (which is why the Patriots are so low). Never pick a bad team. Never pick an underdog. Never save any teams. Always choose the best option.

The Psychology. Edge: None.
    No edge found.

The Vegas. Edge: Chargers.
    There is suddenly a ton of action on the underdog.
    Percentage of money on Minnesota: 71% (28,000 bets)

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    they're only getting 4, 4.5 points against a consensus top 3 team in the league. i would have guessed this line to be eagles -10

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Nothing at all, people are still hyped about the Rams in preseason lol.
    yeah and youre one of them

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    they're only getting 4, 4.5 points against a consensus top 3 team in the league. i would have guessed this line to be eagles -10

Your a little off.. If you want to be technical about it..

Books have pats to win it all this year, so lets use them for an example.

Monday night football, they are going up against a team with the worst starting QB in the league and they are favored by 7 or 7.5. not 10.

eagles are away and still favored by 4.5. sounds just about right. Give any home team a 10 pt cushing w.o any significant injuries and its a recipe for disaster

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Take the Vikings +9! It's automatic! The Chargers are not a good football team. Rivers can throw the ball around a little, but I don't see them running it on the Vikes - Matthews and Tolbert won't cut it. Peterson can single-handley win the game for Minnesota. And why can't McNabb revert back to Pro Bowl form? He has Harvin, Berrian, and Shaincoe. Not as good as Vincent, Floyd, and Gates but their run game is far better.

I'm in a large survivor pool and you can pick teams more than once - We do not have 1 pick of our 20 on the charges. I will play Vikings +9 BIG! and ML for a small amount. I could see 21-18 Vikes.

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Take the Vikings +9! It's automatic! The Chargers are not a good football team. Rivers can throw the ball around a little, but I don't see them running it on the Vikes - Matthews and Tolbert won't cut it. Peterson can single-handley win the game for Minnesota. And why can't McNabb revert back to Pro Bowl form? He has Harvin, Berrian, and Shaincoe. Not as good as Vincent, Floyd, and Gates but their run game is far better.

I'm in a large survivor pool and you can pick teams more than once - We do not have 1 pick of our 20 on the charges. I will play Vikings +9 BIG! and ML for a small amount. I could see 21-18 Vikes.

I agree.. I just hope the public dosn't. But the bigger issue to analyze here is both lines for the vikings. Like FACE noted down earlier. They only have one starter off the d-line coming back from last year and 3 new dudes at o-line. Whoever takes the vikings better hope all players are on the same chapter same page.

If vikings D-line dont show up on sunday. that's a field day for phillips
    if their o line dosn't show up. Well there goes there #1 weapon.

Nonetheless, I'm curious to watch this game and see where the vikings stand in the beginning of the season.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    Your a little off.. If you want to be technical about it..

Books have pats to win it all this year, so lets use them for an example.

Monday night football, they are going up against a team with the worst starting QB in the league and they are favored by 7 or 7.5. not 10.

eagles are away and still favored by 4.5. sounds just about right. Give any home team a 10 pt cushing w.o any significant injuries and its a recipe for disaster
    i hear ya man and youre not exactly wrong in your logic but:

theres pleny of -12.5 -8 favorites in the nfl and some on the road.

secondly- id take henne over alex smith, tavaris jackson or jason campbell any day of the week, especially sunday or monday.

i understand and dont disagree with your point but we will see 10+ point road favorites this year when the linesmakers get a firmer grasp of the teams.

last time the pats played miami on the road- they won 41 to 14.

bruenc
    bruenc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert91016 View Post
    I think the over it's the better play on this game. If I had to pick a side I would probably take the points chargers usually start kind off slow
    I agree im taking the over on this game

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    I agree.. I just hope the public dosn't. But the bigger issue to analyze here is both lines for the vikings. Like FACE noted down earlier. They only have one starter off the d-line coming back from last year and 3 new dudes at o-line. Whoever takes the vikings better hope all players are on the same chapter same page.

If vikings D-line dont show up on sunday. that's a field day for phillips
    if their o line dosn't show up. Well there goes there #1 weapon.

Nonetheless, I'm curious to watch this game and see where the vikings stand in the beginning of the season.
    I'm a little worried about Vikings D'line, but Matthews isn't that good and Tolbert is a goal-line back, and that's it.
    Chargers have to stop AP and I think the Vikings could sneak in the WC this year, I think this line should be about -4

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Chargers get up early, the game will get ugly. The only thing Minny can do is give the ball to AP, and try and keep Rivers off the field for as long as possible.

Game is a coin flip really.

I'll take the Vikings based on the fact that the Chargers always struggle the first few weeks.