Awilliamson19
    Awilliamson19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

2011 NFL Mock Draft

Sorry , I would post writeups with each pick if I wasnt pressed for time. I will try my best to provide a few write ups and a few trades I see happening before the draft starts in a few hours.
    1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton , QB , Auburn.
    2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus , DT , Alabama.
    3. Buffalo Bills - Von Miller , DE/LB , Texas A&M.
    4. Cincinatti Bengals - AJ Green , WR , Georgia.
    5. Arizona Cardinals - Robert Quinn , DE , North Carolina.
    6. Cleveland Browns - Patrick Peterson , CB , LSU.
    7. San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert , QB , Missouri.
    8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairly , DT , Auburn.
    9. Dallas Cowboys - Aldon Smith , DE/LB , Missouri
    10. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones , WR , Alabama.
    11. Houston Texans - Prince Amukamara , CB , Nebraska.
    12. Minnesota Vikings - Jake Locker , QB , Washington.
    13. Detroit Lions - Tyson Smith , OT , USC.
    14. St. Louis Rams - JJ Watt , DE , Wisconsin.
    15. Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey , G , Florida.
    16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan , DE , Purdue(Most confident pick)
    17. New England Patriots - Cameron Jordan , DE , California.
    18. San Diego Chargers - Anthony Castonzo , OT , Boston College.
    19. New York Giants - Akeem Ayers , LB , UCLA.
    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Adrian Claiborn , DE , Iowa.
    21. Kansas City Chiefs - Nate Solder , OT , Colorado.
    22. Indianapolis Colts - Derrek Sherrod , OT , Mississippi State.
    23. Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi , OT , Wisconisin.
    24. New Orleans Saints - Da'Quan Bowers , DE , Clemson.
    25. Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Smith , CB , Colorado.
    26. Baltimore Ravens - Cameron Heyward , DE , Ohio State.
    27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith , WR , Maryland.
    28. New England Patriots - Mark Ingram , RB , Alabama.
    29. Chicago Bears - Muhammed Wilkerson , DT , Temple.
    30. New York Jets - Phil Taylor , DT , Baylor.
    31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ras I Dowling , CB , Illinois.
    32. Green Bay Packers - Marvin Austin , DT , North Carolina.

Awilliamson19

Once again , This is "copy and pasted" from my original website. So yes , it is copy and pasted , but it is all my original material and I didnt steal from anyone. Thanks for checking it out!

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Torrey Smith and Ras I Dowling. Thanks, Tomato needed a good laugh this morning.

Awilliamson19

Ill try to do a quick run through of some of the picks that seem to be a little bit weird or "out on a limb" , and the first pick in the draft.

First things first..

Cam Newton to Carolina Panthers..
    Do I think this is the RIGHT choice? Absolutley not. Ron Rivera does not know how to devlop a QB. The best pick for the Carolina Panthers would be Marcel Dareus. Hes a proven DT in one of the best confereces in College Football and I do believe with everything in me that he would be the absolute correct pick at number one. But , we have to understand where Carolina is coming from right? They need to sell tickets , and they need a face to their franchise. Enter: Cam Newton. Cam Newton is "Hollywood" and fits the role that Carolina is looking for. NEWSFLASH TO CAROLINA: Cam Newton willl sell picks for a year or two , #WINNING will sell picks for years after that , something you wont be doing for a while. Im pretty sure Cam Newton is the lock pick here and Im pretty sure he will be another mediocre quarterback in the NFL. The kid is athletic but hes not all that accurate and he seems to be more concerned with MONEY and endorsement deals than he does with the On-field stuff. Good Luck Carolina and Ron Rivera. Hire a good QB coach.

#5 - Arizona Cardinals select Robert Quinn.
    I know , I know , this pick looks crazy. In my opinion , Quinn is the best DE in this draft. Had he not been suspended last year , Quinn could have been the number one overall pick in this draft . I honestly would not be surprised to see John Fox take Quinn at number 2 overall. He did the same thing with the number 2 overall pick when he was head coach at Carolina a few years back when he drafted Julius Peppers , another DE from North Carolina. Anyways , I think Quinn makes it to number 5. Alot of people think the Cardinals will take Patrick Peterson or Blaine Gabbert here. Gabbert is out of the question. Arizona will do everything in their power to get a QB with some experience in the NFL. This brings us to Patrick Peterson. Peterson is the best player in the draft IMO , just not the best player for the Cardinals right now. The Cardinals are looking to upgrade their pass-rush , and this is the guy to do it with.

#12 - Jake Locker to the Minnesota Vikings.
    We have all heard for months how much the Minnesota Vikings want to "waste" the number 12 pick on a quarterback. Here ya go Minny! Locker will most likely be the pick here. The Vikings love Locker , as theyve been heard comparing him to Brett Favre. Im not sure I would go that far. Locker is a great kid with the perfect attitude. I hate it for him , but he will get crushed if he steps right into a starting role in the NFL. Of the top five QB in the 2011 NFL draft , Jake Locker , In my opinion , is the least NFL-ready Quarterback. Locker has the heart to win and make things work. I wish my best of luck to him and the Minnesota Vikings as they move forward IF this pick goes this way.

#24 - Da'Quan Bowers to the New Orleans Saints.

Two months ago , I had Bowers going to the Carolina Panthers at number 1. Then , He had the scouting combine. Then , He had the injury concerns. Then , He had his Pro Day(OUCH). Bowers stock has plummeted worse than any players in recent history. Being a Saints fan , I love to see him fall here. I believe if he can get healthy again , He can be one hell of a Defensive End in this league. Note all of the IFs and THENs I used in this paragraph. At 24 , he's a good value pick. At 14 , He's a "Really , WTF are they thinking ?" pick. At 34 , hes a damn steal. Itll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Awilliamson19

Haha . Glad I could help Tomato. Got a little tough down there around 27 and I was basically flipping a coin. Who do you think the Falcons and Steelers go with with those picks?

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

sounds like Miller is going 2nd to the Broncos.

Awilliamson19

Yeah , thats what Im reading everywhere. I feel like Dareus is the better pick. I dont think you can go wrong with either one of those guys though. I believe theyll definilty be 2,3 b2b. Jus looks like itll be flip flopped from the way I have it.

Awilliamson19

Im wondering how trades will affect todays draft? With all the shit going on in the NFL , will there be players included in some of these draft day trades? Im looking at some of the trades I think could happen right now and they could get really interesting if players are included in some of the trades. It could be an interesting first round and really change alot of things.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

can I get a writeup on why the browns will take Peterson? I mean, awesome talent but they just used their top two last year on db's (and they're both looking good) and have soooo many other needs, most notably WR.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

im just not excited about the draft , i was hoping some trades would be made like kolb for draft picks, etc, but not allowed now. Draft is way down this year . I'll be watching nba ,, not draft

zg816179
    zg816179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

and that is the totally wrong draft lol.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

if vikings take Locker over Dalton with pick 12 "waste" is a good word to use.

Awilliamson19

Chemicalbrother I'll post you a write up ahortly. I'm on my phone at the moment..

Zg I'm not claiming this is the right draft. Just my opinion. Btw where is ur mock, since u know what the right draft will be?

Awilliamson19

Teaser I agree with you . I hear the Vikings love Locker though. Probably trade for or sign mcnabb and have locker under him for a year or two? Locker is nowhere near NFL ready IMO

Awilliamson19

@chemicalbrother.. Here goes nothing..

I have Peterson going to the Browns at number 6 simply because hes the best player on the board and most likely the best player in the entire draft. Holmgrem simply wont pass on the best player in the draft. Especially when its as safe of a pick as Patrick Peterson. However , I believe that the Browns will trade down and get rid of the number 6 overall pick. Ive seen a few mocks that had Julio Jones in this position but I just think the value isnt there. There is still some concern with his foot and the dropped balls wont be something that sits well with Holmgren. So , ultimately , I dont believe the Browns will end up with Peterson , but in this mock I didnt do trades and I simply think Holmgrem wont pass on the best player in the draft if he falls to number 6.

Awilliamson19

Still waiting on your "right" mock draft @ ZG.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

phil taylor is in the conversation but i see the jets going with brooks reed or justin houston

also i think ingram goes to the fins

marvin austin is really going to disappoint whatever team picks him

Awilliamson19

Justin houston scared me because of the failed drug test. Ingram could easily go to the phins. The injury concerns had me worried with him so he dropped a little I'n my mock.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

If Cowboys stay at 9th, I think they take Tyron Smith. If they trade the pick, I think they take Costanzo later in the 1st round.

Awilliamson19

Yeah , I just have a hard time seeing Jerry Jones taking an Offensive Lineman since its never happened. Trends are like records though , always broken. Wouldnt be surprised to see him surprise us all and take Smith. I believe they trade out though. Im expecting to see some interesting trades! ..