Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Paul Milsap Will Guard LeBron Better Than Demarre Carroll.

Demarre being out will help the hawks defense on lebron. Demarre is too weak to guard lebron and honestly was playing soft defense on lebron it looked like he was scared of him.

You have to be physical with lebron to slow him down he hates physicality we saw Jimmy Butler shut him down for many periods last series by being physical and Borris Diaw played good defense on him in 2013 finals.

Hell even Kent Bazemore played better defense than Carroll.

The carroll injury will not effect the defensive end for the hawks his scoring will be missed but hawks WILL WIN GAME 2.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Thought I saw Milsap picking up quite a few fouls last game. Who's gonna guard Thompson then?

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Did you even watch Millsap try and guard Lebron in G1?
    Points Awarded:

Catch77 gave TehSharp 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

Milsap guarded LeBron when Cle had a big lead already. LeBron was just holding the ball. If he guarded the first 3 quarters, ATL would be down by 25.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I did not watch game one but I would assume Millsap not quick enough to guard Lebron.

Millsap one of my favorite players explicitly because he is so successful despite not being a freak athletically. His offensive skills and work ethic are what carry him. Unfortunately on the defensive end, physicality is often more important.

This is the problem with guarding guys like lebron. Guys who are big enough aren't quick enough and guys who are quick enough aren't big enough.

Ballin24

Quote Originally Posted by TehSharp View Post
    Did you even watch Millsap try and guard Lebron in G1?
    He missed like 5 shots in a row at one point. Did u watch?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    Demarre being out will help the hawks defense on lebron. Demarre is too weak to guard lebron and honestly was playing soft defense on lebron it looked like he was scared of him.

You have to be physical with lebron to slow him down he hates physicality we saw Jimmy Butler shut him down for many periods last series by being physical and Borris Diaw played good defense on him in 2013 finals.

Hell even Kent Bazemore played better defense than Carroll.

The carroll injury will not effect the defensive end for the hawks his scoring will be missed but hawks WILL WIN GAME 2.
    Ok, I was wondering how the Bulls won that series, Thanks for clearing that up.

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

When they were up that big, LeBron didn't run any sort of offense...he just messed around with millsap at midcourt till there was 5-6 seconds left and just drove or shot the ball.

I can not see the Hawks doing that for an extended time today. Just doesn't make much sense

jtoler

Stars really don't get shut down, they have the ball too much. Bron has the ball basically every possession, he's usually scoring or getting an assist, can only try to slow them down. I still think Carroll would be better at that than anyone on Hawks, Carroll is the most willing and you can probably live if he did more on defense than offense. As far as Milsap, Hawks really need offensive production from him, versatile player.

Ballin24

Whatever u guys don't have to believe me just watch the game u will be surprised how well milsap or mike Scott guard Lebron. Demarre Carroll played Lebron soft. Hawks will win game 2!

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whatever u guys don't have to believe me just watch the game u will be surprised how well milsap or mike Scott guard Lebron. Demarre Carroll played Lebron soft. Hawks will win game 2!
    Dude, It's not you. It's your reasoning. It's flawed.

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Hawks may win game 2 but it will not be because Bron was guarded by Milsap. Out of curiosity, did you see Bron laughing when Milsap was guarding him?

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw that! Great call, he was visibly giddy.

jtoler

What do you mean by soft? If laying off him some, that's the way he should be played to entice the jumper, just curious.

Ballin24

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What do you mean by soft? If laying off him some, that's the way he should be played to entice the jumper, just curious.
    In the post demarre did not contest lebrons hook shots and gave him too much space durin post ups which is where u have to be physical and get into Lebron. Jimmy Butler played him perfectly just like that and forced Lebron into bad fadeaways and Lebron shot horrible almost evey game. Demarre Carroll didn't impress me at all other analysts on twitter also pointed out how bad his defense was.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Milsap will get 2 quick fouls and they will change that matchup.

jtoler

In the post demarre did not contest lebrons hook shots and gave him too much space durin post ups which is where u have to be physical and get into Lebron. Jimmy Butler played him perfectly just like that and forced Lebron into bad fadeaways and Lebron shot horrible almost evey game. Demarre Carroll didn't impress me at all other analysts on twitter also pointed out how bad his defense was.
    Oh ok. I got ya.

Ballin24

demarre carroll cannot guard lebron pound cavs ML

jtoler

Cmon bro he's hurt.

Ballin24

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Cmon bro he's hurt.
    bro even in game 1 he played the same shiit defense. IDK why they dont put millsap on lebron

Ballin24

why is mike scott not on lebron mike budenholzer is a fraud

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Not sure how this worked out for the Atl

Ballin24

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Not sure how this worked out for the Atl
    Did u watch the damn game? Millsap did not guard lebron I even posted pound Cavs ML early on when I saw demarre on lebron