H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

My NBA Picks Round 1.

Reserve Test. Was gonna post my Prop picks before the game but had some technical issues.

Prop Bets: Miami Scores First 1 Unit -120 Win
    Miami scores 20 points First 1 Unit -155 Pending

H1Cypher

Prop Bets: 2-0 +2 units, no other bets posted yet.

Nba Basketball bet: 1st quarter Bulls -145 1 unit

I don't have any bets I would make in the Chi vs Laker game, mostly cause I got the Bulls at +3.5 -110 before Kobe got hurt. From then on things looked good.

Leaning on Chi 1st quarter -145 1 unit. Lakers are playing with 2 new starters, no Andrew Bynum... not playing the triangle. Kobes play will be hampered, when he hurt his pinky last year- after he came back he was terrible for a couple games.

If Kobe tries to force it there can be alot of turnovers for the Lakers. Bulls are coached by Thibodeau and he has done wonders for them, and the Celtics defense. The Bulls lineup has only 1 change, and thats Rip Hamilton who was playing for the Pistons before. He is a gamer and a great get for the Bulls, media is totally overlooking this cause of his age.

Only terrible thing about the bet obviously is the juice. Pau can always get it going early and the bet is a loss but thats gambling.

H1Cypher

Prop Bets: 2-0 +2 units NBA Basketball: 1-0 +1 unit

Mike Brown and the Bulls defense bailed me out. Right when the Laker subs came in the score shifted. The 3 by CJ watson sealed the deal. I also got a Live bet in +1.5 when the Bulls were down by 3 during a commercial break for a half unit.

H1Cypher

Oklahoma City Thunder -220 - 1 unit moneyline. OKC vs Timberwolves.

Back to backs for 23 year olds? If it wasn't a back to back would the line be -225?

H1Cypher

Prop Bets: 2-0 +2 units NBA Basketball: 2-0 +2 units Overall: +4 units

Oklahoma almost gave it up after having a small lead for most of the game, Minnesota couldn't take it from them. Will put up my next bet once I figure it out.

Might be a good time to fade loss may be coming up.

H1Cypher

-170 Atlanta Hawks to win 1 unit.

Atlanta hawks moneyline at -170. I'll probably parlay it if I can figure out a great anchor to lower the juice. If not still betting it straight up is fine. Atlanta is still a top team in the east and New Jersey is still one of the worse teams in the east that barely beat the Wizards another horrible team in the east. If the Hawks come out sluggish they can lose. The -4 Atlanta hawks looks tempting too.

H1Cypher

Props: Rajon Rondo over 15 points +115 1 unit

Just checked 5 minutes later after I placed the bet and it's at -105 now at 5dimes. Someone is going to have to score. Again no Paul Pierce. You can pretty much pencil KG in for 15 or 20 if he gets it going. I just see alot of opportunities for Rondo to score and 15 points is very doable for him.

H1Cypher

Prop bets: 3-0 +3.15 units Basketball Bets: 3-0 +3 units overall: +6.15 units

2 for 2 for the day. Leaning towards Lakers first to score 20+ points at -155 or Lakers to win first quarter at -150. Not gonna add it to this thread though but I'll prolly drop a unit on there.

Ended up betting 2 units on Atlanta at -4, wish I had bet more... New Jersey got way too much respect for 1 win and a new year with Deron Williams I dunno.

H1Cypher

Props: Amare Stoudemire Rebounds: 7.5over -125 to win: 1 unit

Right around his average for 2 games but I think he'll be around 8+ for the season. Hopefully he'll get up for the Laker game. Tyson Chandler isn't earning his money and he never will. Achievable goal reasonable juice I'll take it. Carmelo Anthony +2 points vs Kobe at -115 also caught my attention, but too risky.
    Last edited by H1Cypher; 12-29-11 at 06:14 PM.

H1Cypher

Props: Amare Stoudemire Rebounds: 7.5over -125 to win: 1 unit Loss 2 boards for STAT.

Betting Lakers under 25.5 points for 1st quarter -110 to win 1 unit.

Was betting the UFC event yesterday didn't have time to post any of my nba picks. I didn't pick anything other than parlaying the Celtics with my MMA picks vs Detroit, figured it was a lock. Worked out.

Last bet I posted I lost. Not sure what I will bet on next.

For the Laker game I've already bet a unit -110 Los Angeles Lakers under 25.5 points 1st quarter.

H1Cypher

Prop Bets: 3-1 +1.90 units Basketball Bets: 4-0 +4 units

Lakers under 25.5 points for 1st quarter -110 to win 1 unit. Win

Won that one , despite Bynum trying his best to screw me with 8 early points.

Gonna see if I can think of something for later. To be honest, my reasoning for making that pick was just that it was an early game, the Lakers are a defensive oriented team this year. Not a big reason... I live in LA I've watched this team play for the last couple years. Betting the over and under is a pure gamble almost though, had a couple shots went in I could have easily lost the bet. I also took the under 50.5 for the first quarter which was also a win, lucky twice. Record would look alot better if I posted all my bets but I mostly try and post the winners, trying to keep my luckbox record clean on this thread. Criticism is welcome.

H1Cypher

Philadelphia 76ers: -130 moneyline to win 1 unit.

Crushing loss to the Jazz, but it really is a make or miss league. You miss your shots you win the game- you make em you win. Just being logical... no Monta Ellis, Steph Curry coming back after missing a game. 6ers are intact and if they had beat the Jazz the line would be like unbettable thats how favored they would be.

H1Cypher

Also betting a unit on the Pacers at -135 to win 1 unit.

People basically betting on the Pistons to win their first game of the season. Which is weird. Pacers are a much better team the the Pistons... it's normal in the NBA to go on 5+ game win streaks. No reason for the Pacers to get such little respect.

H1Cypher

Pistons hitting all these ridiculous shots. Oh well it happens in the NBA, doesn't look good. If you told me they would hit these shots before the game well, it happens =p. Game isn't over though can always go cold.

H1Cypher

Went 2-1 +.65 units yesterday making my overall record on the posts:

Props: 3-1 +1.9 Basketball Bets: 6-1 +4.65 units

On a side note, I ended up parlaying the Knicks with the Lakers earlier in the morning just didn't post it here(prolly won't post any of my parlays here unless anyone actually wants to see a couple). Ended up winning the parlay making up for the Pistons win. Only dog that won yesterday were the Pistons over Pacers.

H1Cypher

Chicago Bulls moneyline -107(was at that earlier in the day) for 1 unit.

I expect lead changes so I will prolly have a chance to arb if I feel like it during the game. Feeling pretty confident about this pick, but like I said there's always live play.

If you watched the Hawks game yesterday you'd have noticed they literally just quit in the 3rd OT. Never seen something like that from a team.

H1Cypher

Unofficial plays I bet were the Bobcats moneyline, Hawks under 23.5 under 1st quarter, and now gonna bet some props if I like anything.

H1Cypher

Unofficial: Got in +1.5 live in play for the Bulls -105 when they were down for 2nd half.

Just before that they were up and you coulda got the Magic at +1.5 at +120 lol.

H1Cypher

1-0 +1 unit

Props:
    3-1 +1.9 Basketball Bets: 7-1 +5.65 units

On a side note,
    Went 1-1 on the unofficial plays, Bobcats forced OT but couldn't get it done.

H1Cypher

Washington Wizards +4 1st Quarter vs Bulls -110 to win 1 unit.

Wizards 1st q scoring margin in the last 3 games is +2.7 -3.0 overall. Bulls is +1.3 overall and +.3 in their last 3. No Rose. That's my reasoning.

Oh Chicago averages 3.9 more points in the 1st quarter than the Wiz.

H1Cypher

1-0 +1 unit

Props: 3-1 +1.9 Basketball Bets: 8-1 +6.65 units

Wizards held on long enough to get me the win, let the score crumble in the 2nd quarter. I killed the 1st quarter totals today. Blazers under, Nets over, Lakers over, Jazz over(was a push), 76ers under, Knicks over, spurss and rockets under 50 in the 2nd quarter, Bulls under in the 1st. Killed the 1st quarter bets today..... too bad I put hardly any money on any of t hose wagers.

The 1 1st quarter bet I was incorrect on today were the hawks over in the 1st. Happy about that just thought I'd share.

H1Cypher

Not many games today, usually like to lay off on days like this especially after a day where I didn't seem to pick anything incorrect like yesterday.

I did bet something on the Knick moneyline, but keeping that unofficial. If I have something before a game starts I'll post it here. I think there'll be lead changes or at least a chance for you to arb when the Knicks take the lead before a commercial break if you want to.

H1Cypher

Props: Betting Lebron James over 28 points at +130 to win .5 units.

Overall official play record so far:

Props: 3-1 +1.9 Basketball Bets: 8-1 +6.65 units

H1Cypher

Props: Betting Lebron James over 28 points at +130 to win .5 units.

1-0 win: +.65 units.

Overall official play record so far:

Props: 4-1 +2.55 Basketball Bets: 8-1 +6.65 units

26 points before the 4th quarter even started. 18 at halftime, easy for Lebron. Shoulda bet more I had a feeling he'd have a big game. In reality I ended up betting to win 2 units, but for the official thread record that is +.65 units. Hopefully someone tailed it was at +130 for a couple hours and and an hour before the game right after I posted went back to +110.

H1Cypher

No NBA plays for me today. Had a nice day with props yesterday in the NBA. I need to get on an online website with player props all the time, I think there is one at Pinnacle that offers props every day for NBA games? I'm pretty good at calling when players will have big games.

Gonna hit the live play during the NFL games. While I keep track of this UFC event. There's alot of good hockey stuff also if you guys don't bet hockey I would suggest giving it a look, there's some good people to tail in the sbrforum. Just make sure you don't tail them during a downstreak- tail as they get out of a downstreak or while they are riding a hot streak(that's what I do lol, and it works).

Good luck to the rest of you.

H1Cypher

No NBA plays today. Made last minute bets yesterday and on the weekend- other sports were my focus so I didn't get a chance to post.

Nothing official right now. Looks like a hockey day mostly for me. I do like the under on the Magic Bobcats game, though. What do you guys think about the Magic Bobcats game.
    Last edited by H1Cypher; 01-17-12 at 04:37 PM.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Like the under in this game, I think Magic will score 100+ but will keep the Bobcats to less then 85.

H1Cypher

Quote Originally Posted by SiMON2g View Post
    Like the under in this game, I think Magic will score 100+ but will keep the Bobcats to less then 85.
    I'm thinking playing the third game of back to back to back. Traveling, playing against the Bobcats who are inefficient on offense. Orlando can win the game, they don't have to put up big numbers.

Also, tired legs = short shots. You can play great defense but getting open looks in the NBA happens, it's a matter of can you knock down the shots or not.

Also Orlando has went over 4 times in a row now. If you plan accordingly you can definitely hit the under soon if not today. So this is a perfect situation to chase losses assuming the game today does go over, if you don't bet to big to begin your chase(plan it out based on your bankroll, and how much your willing to lose- also with a chase you have to be willing to go all the way... that's why you can plan it out according to bankroll).

So with the high volume of games for both teams, both teams traveling.... the Magic coming off a road trip.... people will argue that they won't play defense and it will go over.

I notice more people in Vegas are on the over.

But I'm making this bet with the definite intention to chase unders on the Magic, if they go over again.

H1Cypher

And yeah I also think it's up to the Magic to ruin the bet for me if they have a big scoring night it can go bad. Anyway betting totals isn't heavily juiced for a reason

Oh and I don't know if this means anything. prolly not but when the line opened it was at 192. I looked at it and thought, this can't be right it should be at 193. Sure enough it's at 193.5 when I wake up. Still think it's going under though.

H1Cypher

Score was 88 - 83 with a minute to go.

Ended 96-89 making it 185. Cheers to anyone who took the under. Managed to put up 13 points in 1 minute, mostly with freethrows an extending the clock.

Was an unofficial play so I won't tally it up to my official thread record.

H1Cypher

Also like the Clippers under 47.5 in the 2nd half. Took me 2 minutes to think it over though, and it'll be close. I think I'm 2-1 on my unofficial leans for this thread... wanna see if I can work it to 3-1 =p.

47.5 is right around there average thus far and with no Cp3... and watching the 1st half they look pretty terrible tonight.

H1Cypher

Clippers were down down 101-69... looking pretty good right now. Gonna start keeping an official track record of my unofficial plays also. If I am fortunate enough to win this one with the Clipper C squad in right now, that will bring the unofficial record to 3-1.

Not gonna track the actual units, not that I think it matters. I'm betting more than the thread indicates, and bankroll management just isn't in the thread title.

I'll be posting alot more lean plays hopefully if I have the time just to see how that record progresses. A good portion of my bets will be last minute, like the Clipper bet which I made at halftime during the game.

Overall thread play record so far:

Props: 4-1 +2.55 Basketball Bets: 8-1 +6.65 units
    Leans: 3-1 Units not tracked. Total for the thread: 15-3.
    Last edited by H1Cypher; 01-17-12 at 10:25 PM.

H1Cypher

Looked over the player props for the Hawks vs Portland game. None of them I liked, all of the numbers are 2 points above averages. So- they basically want me to pick the under. I like to go with overs, how do I know when you'll have an off shooting night? much easier for me to predict a good night.

I like Josh smith to go over 19 points but he is a head case. +100 I'm thinking of betting, not even confident enough to post it as a lean though.

I was gonna post and bet Dirk to score more than 21.5 points but then this flu thing comes out. Again I have no clue how this would effect him, no previous knowledge no stats on this. If it was Kobe I'd still go over, but I dunno... might stay away.

Will do some live betting if I see something I think I can take advantage of during a game.

Most of the plays I like are heavily juiced. Will likely stick to live play. If you're online book doesn't do live play you should deposit at one that does- great way... if you're patient during a game to find edge over the house.

H1Cypher

See I knew there was a reason I didn't like the over hitting for either. Even if it had been 17.5 for Smith still wouldn't have hit seeing as he had 17. Being the degen that I am I did bet it.

Not adding it to the record since I clearly say in the previous post I'm not even posting either of these player props as a Leans. I had the under on the Denver Philly game under 204.5 and the overtime ruined that but no big deal. If it takes overtime to beat me I'm all right with it. Monday and tuesday were good days so I kinda had a feeling something would go wrong with today. NHL plays put me even after some bungles in the NBA.

Will have some official plays or leans for tomorrow if I feel confident enough to post them.

Good luck to the rest of you

H1Cypher

Gonna stick mostly to NHL again and NBA I'll bet live play with several games. I like the Jazz like mostly everyone else over Dallas. Only 3 games, no player props I like for the first game.

I really like the Flyers and Islanders to go over 5.5 goals today. Not exactly going out on a limb since 90% of the general public is on that side but I had this planned out yesterday.

1234 ... Last