kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

100th Running of the Indianapolis 500

May 29th, 2016.

Who do we have here? Leans? Discussion? Anyone besides me attending?

Nothing like watching the race from the pagoda.

Yes, I know nobody probably watches IndyCar, however the racing is 100x better than Nascar.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Dixon, Montoya and Pagenaud on form?

It's on the bucket list to attend one day.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Great experience, see folks from all over the world. Sucks that IndyCar isn't more popular than NASCAR or at least close. Friend of mine was talking to Bill Simpson (guy who invented all the safety gear - hans device etc.) the other day and he said Ganassi probably pays out 30m a year for his teams and at most returns 500k -- and he wins. However in NASCAR, he does't even win and makes boatloads due to TV deals.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

is it better to watch on tv? I ask cuz back in the 80's when i was 8-12 years old, my dad would take us every year. My problem was, maybe cuz i was so little, I could never see the cars. Even when they were right in front of us, it was a blur. Could never tell who was winning. Just a lot of color flashes. So I ask you, Cudi, does it all depend on seats? We always sat on one of the long straightaways under one of the awnings. Ive thought about taking my kids to a 500 but didnt want them to have the same experience. Dont get me wrong, the sounds, smell, spectacle, fans all made it fun. Just couldnt see a damn thing. Whats your experience been?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    is it better to watch on tv? I ask cuz back in the 80's when i was 8-12 years old, my dad would take us every year. My problem was, maybe cuz i was so little, I could never see the cars. Even when they were right in front of us, it was a blur. Could never tell who was winning. Just a lot of color flashes. So I ask you, Cudi, does it all depend on seats? We always sat on one of the long straightaways under one of the awnings. Ive thought about taking my kids to a 500 but didnt want them to have the same experience. Dont get me wrong, the sounds, smell, spectacle, fans all made it fun. Just couldnt see a damn thing. Whats your experience been?

Yes, all dependent on seats. If you go to the infield it is just a bunch of super drunk people who could give a fukk less about the race so they don't care if they see. If you aren't near the Indianapolis area/making a trip out of it I would go for pagoda seating if you can get it, it's pretty hard to obtain/not sure if open to the public. If they are, I would expect insane prices. I am lucky enough to know a good amount of higher up track folks so GOOD tickets are not really an issue. I agree with you though, some seats its just like you said, a blur over and over.

FYI, if you plan on camping, don't stay in the coke lot...but if you do, make sure you carry. Not a good area surrounding it and people get shot and robbed there every year.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I don't ever mind betting Helio, Carpenter, and Marco.

Agree what you posted are the favs however.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Yes, all dependent on seats. If you go to the infield it is just a bunch of super drunk people who could give a fukk less about the race so they don't care if they see. If you aren't near the Indianapolis area/making a trip out of it I would go for pagoda seating if you can get it, it's pretty hard to obtain/not sure if open to the public. If they are, I would expect insane prices. I am lucky enough to know a good amount of higher up track folks so GOOD tickets are not really an issue. I agree with you though, some seats its just like you said, a blur over and over.

FYI, if you plan on camping, don't stay in the coke lot...but if you do, make sure you carry. Not a good area surrounding it and people get shot and robbed there every year.
    This is most definitely true. I'll never forget it. I was only ten years old but its the first time I ever saw a guy get completely emasculated. My dad and I were walking through an area there and it was filled with bikers. So there was this gorgeous blonde walking with her boyfriend and they happened to walk by the bikers. One of the bikers screamed at the girl, "Hey, honey turn around.", So, they girl and the boyfriend turned around and the biker told the guy, "Not you, pussy". The boyfriend just stood there as the bikers cat called the girl. I cant imagine that relationship lasted much longer after that. I was ten and even I thought the guy was a bitch.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    This is most definitely true. I'll never forget it. I was only ten years old but its the first time I ever saw a guy get completely emasculated. My dad and I were walking through an area there and it was filled with bikers. So there was this gorgeous blonde walking with her boyfriend and they happened to walk by the bikers. One of the bikers screamed at the girl, "Hey, honey turn around.", So, they girl and the boyfriend turned around and the biker told the guy, "Not you, pussy". The boyfriend just stood there as the bikers cat called the girl. I cant imagine that relationship lasted much longer after that. I was ten and even I thought the guy was a bitch.
    Yeah man the coke lot is quite the free for all, the cops "patrol" it in fukkin golf carts but it takes a lot to get them to actually act like police officers. I have seen endless things in that lot. People fukking in the walk ways, naked people running around, shit is pretty crazy. Sure the coke distributor that owns the lot makes a fukk ton of cash.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

dead sport in USA

To early Kuddles

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Off to the track guys. Gonna watch some Indy Lights practice, grab lunch, might be boring as fukk, but I took care of business earlier in the week. Might as well.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    dead sport in USA

To early Kuddles
    I agree most of the other tracks are dead, but the 500 is a different monster. Always pushes 275k+ attendance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hilljacademics

jjgold

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Thanks JJ, maybe I will crack the POTM rankings this month. Ya fukk.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18799

I agree most of the other tracks are dead, but the 500 is a different monster. Always pushes 275k+ attendance.
    All told, this will be my 11th 500, and 3rd GP. The CART/IRL split kept me from the track from '96 until 2012, except '97 when rain issues allowed folks to walk in free. The modern-day IndyCar product is GREAT, but apart from here in Indy and other regular stops on their schedule,, the task of selling their product is awful. The lack of ingenuity that Indy created for decades is one obstacle today's IndyCar has
    Last edited by Hilljacademics; 05-12-16 at 12:23 PM.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Shit. Abandon ship for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Nice thread. Not enough open wheel talk around here.

I did all the CART California races in the late 90's for a couple years, Long Beach Fontana and my fav Laguna Seca. Good times for the most part, minus witnessing the aftermath of Gustavo Rodriguezs death at LS and a month later having front row seats to Greg Moore's death on Halloween of all days. He was one of my favorite young drivers and that made the trips a lot less fun after.

Since the demise of CART I'm in the Formula 1 is better than American open wheel club but still love the prestige of the 500. I don't pay enough attention to cap it but one of these years Marco Andretti's ride will not let him down and he'll get it.

Optional

I don't ever mind betting Helio, Carpenter, and Marco.

Agree what you posted are the favs however.
    Hoping Ryan Briscoe gets a start. And will be watching Matthew Brabham more than anyone else.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Hoping Ryan Briscoe gets a start. And will be watching Matthew Brabham more than anyone else.
    Not likely Briscoe gets a ride this year which is a shame, we made some money with him last year betting him in matchups.

I made one bet so far, Carlos Munoz +2800
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Had 100 on Juan Pablo last year. Very exciting win. Have another 100 on him this year at +675. I love his aggressive driving style.

Trident
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Ryan Hunter Reay +1600

jjgold

When the hell is this thing

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Next Sunday

jjgold

ok ..i rarely have missed it

Optional

Not likely Briscoe gets a ride this year which is a shame, we made some money with him last year betting him in matchups.

Ryan Hunter Reay +1600
    Trident has been money the last few years with Indycar tips

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I've been a few times. It's a heluva party, but there aren't many good seats at the track.

Trident
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I've been a few times. It's a heluva party, but there aren't many good seats at the track.
    First time ever race is a sellout, 350K tickets sold.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Anybody in the area headed to the track today?

Carb day shit show.

jjgold

This is such a nonevent basically in America does anybody really care I'm watching it now

Other than the people that go to the race it's one boring event

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Rossi wins. What was the line on this guy?

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Fukin dumb.. Guy won on fuel strategy by 1/2 a lap because everyone had to pit with around 4 laps left.

Trident
    Update your status

Just sickening to lose that way.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

agreed.. i had munoz and kanaan

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

ok ..i rarely have missed it
    This is such a nonevent basically in America does anybody really care I'm watching it now

Other than the people that go to the race it's one boring event
    you are such a stupid fukkk

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

good call trident...thought it was cash

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Yes, I know nobody probably watches IndyCar, however the racing is 100x better than Nascar.

TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by Hilljacademics View Post
    The CART/IRL split kept me from the track from '96 until 2012, except '97 when rain issues allowed folks to walk in free. The modern-day IndyCar product is GREAT,
    ... the task of selling their product is awful. The lack of ingenuity that Indy created for decades is one obstacle today's IndyCar has

US open-wheel racing shot themselves in the foot for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Nice thread. Not enough open wheel talk around here.

Greg Moore's death

RIP GREG....great guy, great young driver

First time ever race is a sellout, 350K tickets sold.

100 Year Anniversary

12 Last