Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Formula 1 Season 2016

Backing off on all the time I used to spend on F1 same as NASCAR so also only betting small this year most of the time. Tossing up heading down to Melbourne for the race tomorrow.

Honestly, from pre season testing this season is shaping up as pretty boring.

Most races it will probably be Mercedes slowing down enough to make it look like Ferrari are chasing them, with a 10-20 second gap to the Williams pair by race end. Then, to start with, another gap to Force India, Red Bull, Torro Rosso and McLaren fighting for the scraps of the points and to keep Renault out of them. With Force India and Torro Rosso dropping off second half of the season as they get out developed by the three richer teams in that midfield group. Haas will do admirably compared to any other new team we have seen in the last 20 years, which will be interesting to see I guess. Sauber looks like they will have a terrible year and Manor don't look like they have progressed much even with the new Merc powerplant.

I've made a few early bets

Nico Rosberg to Win +225
    Felipe Massa Top 6 +163
    Both Williams Cars Top 10 +100
    Jenson Button Top 10 +188

I think it's a straight tossup who will win out of Hamilton and Rosberg, so only took Rosberg due the the generous odds offered. Hamilton has been partying and holidaying all off season and even the end of last season after the title was wrapped up. Last week he is was some minor trouble in New Zealand a couple of times. Maybe being extra relaxed is a good sign. Not sure. But whilst they are both equal on points and its a new season Rosberg is probably in a good frame of mind and I am pretty sure has been working like a German all off season to make sure he can beat Lewis this year. Both Williams top 10 I really like. Would have taken Bottas top 6 instead of Massa if odds same, but Bottas was only +110 and I like the +163 much better. Button top 10 bet is a guess. Think McLaren will be better than the books expect from odds.

Will bet again after practice.

Optional

Fastest lap Bets

Valtteri Bottas +4000
    Sergio Perez +4000
    Nico Hulkenberg +5000

These guys are starting on the harder compound tyres and will be finishing on the super soft.

Every other car capable of fast lap is being forced to start on Super Soft by the rules so will have to end on the harder tyres.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Nico Rosberg to Win +225
    Felipe Massa Top 6 +163
    Both Williams Cars Top 10 +100

Jenson Button Top 10 +188

Fastest lap Bets

Valtteri Bottas +4000
    Sergio Perez +4000
    Nico Hulkenberg +5000
    Not bad but big win would have been for the fast lap bets.

Our three guys started on Soft and all chose two sets of mediums after that. Which I never expected in a million years. So I need to do a bit more reading about the new tire choices I guess

Idea was right though. Ricciardo was only guy to use Super Soft last and he smashed the fastest lap by about a second over anyone else.

Optional

Verstappen fired up after criticism in Australia and has been talking up the speed of the Torro Rosso.

Taking a punt on him to top first Bahrain practice session at 80/1

SubjectMatterExp
    SubjectMatterExp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 995

Anything for the race today?

Optional

Hamilton will be changing a gearbox early and taking a 5 place grid penalty for this weekends Chinese GP.

If you have a book with Rosberg still better than even money probably very good value now.

Optional

Like Ricciardo for a podium +650 with a top 6 bet as well at -125 to break even if he ends up 4th, 5th or 6th.

Like Ricciardo for fastest lap +2500 too... as he is leaning Supersoft so will likely two stop whilst Ferrari and Williams are quite likely to try and 1 stop it I think.