yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Wow. That's really really unexpected.

Have to wonder if it might be related to HAAS and their Formula 1 deals.

Been a lot of talk of a new engine manufacturer entering F1. Wonder if it is Ford via the new American team!

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Heard about this yesterday morning,great news for me as a Ford fan getting Harvick and Busch in are camp next year.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Heard about this yesterday morning,great news for me as a Ford fan getting Harvick and Busch in are camp next year.
    Geez. As a Ford fan I might be able to say I might be able to stand those two now. But thats about the best i can come up with

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Geez. As a Ford fan I might be able to say I might be able to stand those two now. But thats about the best i can come up with

I want a title Opti,thats all that matters know. Sooner them then Gibbs to be honest,do not want to see Edwards and Kenseth in Fords.

Optional

Yeah better for everyone that it's SHR really.

Toyota need JGR, Chevy have Hendrick/RCR and now ford have Roush/SHR.

Do you think Jack R is rolling into retirement and dosnt care as much as he used to?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    that's when I posted it

packerd_00

Do you think Jack R is rolling into retirement and dosnt care as much as he used to?
    Im not sure bud,could be. I cant get my head around the total 180,going from one of the top teams in Nascar for decades to top 20 cars for the last couple years. Doesn't make much sense at all.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-27-16 at 02:12 PM.

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6785

I think it's primarily a business decision with the support Ford was offering being too good to turn down.

While Stewart has always been a Chevy guy, I think he was ok with this since he probably doesn't plan to be involved with NASCAR for very long after he retires from driving. I can easily see him selling his share of the team if he can find a buyer. He's made no secret of his disdain for NASCAR and his love for sprint car racing, which he's already heavily involved in.

One thing I learned from this was that Penske uses Roush/Fenway engines. Didn't realize that before...

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6785

A NASCAR crew guy told me a number of years ago that Roush/Fenway no longer spent as much money on their program as Hendrick, Penske and Gibbs. That was about the time I noticed that RF started slipping from being a top-tier team. I don't know if it was by choice or if they just didn't have the funds.

Optional

Feels like only a year or two ago that were talking about Ford scaling back motorsport funding. They pulled out of supporting the V8 Supercar series totally starting this year.