munneypicks
    munneypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

MunneyPicks Humana Challenge Preview

Tournament: This week marks the first time that the PGA Tour will make it’s way to the continental U.S. for the 2015 calendar year when it stops in the Coachella Valley in California. This tournament is a pro-am format where 155 players will tee it up along side amateurs on three distinct courses. This tournament is also unique in the fact that the cut occurs after the third round as opposed to the usual cut after round two. The Humana Challenge has been a Tour staple since 1960. The tournament used to be a 5 round tourney held over 4 courses but that was changed in 2012 when it was moved to the conventional 4 day contest.
    Course: As mentioned above, this week play will take place over 3 courses. 2 PGA West courses (Palmer & Nicklaus) and La Quinta Country Club. The final round will be held on the Palmer course and I expect tons of golfers to still have a shot comeSundayafternoon due to the fact that birdies will be relatively easy to come by. All three courses are par 72’s and play around 7,000 yards. Wide fairways in desert scenery allows many players to go low at the Humana Challenge.
    Field: Many top players in the world won’t be in California this week but Ryder Cuppers Phil Mickleson and Keegan Bradley will be making their 2015 debut. Matt Kuchar and last year’s champion Patrick Reed will also be in the field. Certainly one of the weaker fields we will see this year.
    What to Look For: Since birdies will be plentiful, the key will be finding someone who can certainly go low. Hit greens and putt well. Most 2nd shots will be coming in from <150 yards so players that hit close approach shots with wedges will be in demand. We will also want to look at birdie average and experience. Course experience isn’t necessarily crucial, but history suggests that the winner will have already tee’d it up in 2015. Players with west coast ties or who play well on desert courses will aslo tick a few more boxes this week.

Free Play: Ryan Palmer 24/1

@munneypicks

dect6.0
    dect6.0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

i'll be keeping an eye out for these threads. i got suckered in to a fantasy golf pool where you're a one and done with the golfers and i have no effin clue about some of these guys!