mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Del Mar- A Closer Look

Del Mar at a closer look. Just want to give my inputs to today's race and hopefully get some feedback from you guys. I don't use pace figures and DRF Formulator (cuz I don't know how). I just use the old fashion DRF Classic PP and it is simply my two cents on todays races.

Race 1: 6.5f on synth 8K claiming
    Just looking at the ML, the players should be 3-Pursuitofparadise, 4-Acute, 5- J and S Express, 6-Courageousandbold. These low level claimers sometimes are tough to pick. A quick look at the form, the 5- J & S seems to stand out in terms of beryer figures. A closer look, we can see that she is not a winning machine, and at age 7, you wonder if her better days are behind, think that is one of the reason she keeps dropping in class. The 4-Acute stands out to me for a couple of reasons. I think Pedroza will sent her to the lead and play the catch me game. There isn't a ton of speed to her inside so I expect her to clear. Plus Pedroza is having a decent meet so far (albeit early), and he always ride hard for Kristin. The ML fav 3-Pursuitofparadise, I think may run into traffic problem. Plus, she was just claimed by Avila, why the lay off?? The 6-Courageousandbold just won her last start with a beyer of 60, I just don't think she is fast enough to repeat. My Pick: 4- Acute ML 4-1

Race 2: 7f on synth 100K stake
    ML fav is the 1-Light the City at 7-5 and I think she deserves it with this group. Her beyer speed is better than the rest and it was an improvement from her first start. This will be her second off layoff and third race life time. Should be a good effort. With a small field like this, she should not encounter any traffic issue with her tactical speed. I think the rest will be running for second. My Pick: 1- Light the City ML 7-5

Race 3: 6f on synth MSW
    Not much to go by here, two horses have run once and all others are first timers. So..... I am gonna go with the 6- Serbian Syclone ML at 8-1. Miller has good number with 2nd start youngsters and last time he started out in the 8 hole, and show speed. This time should be better and cutting back in distance. The other one may be the first timer 1-Steam Play, only because it is the Baffert/Garcia duo in MSW. They will more than their shares... MY Pick: 6- Serbian Syclone ML 8-1 and 1- Steam Play ML 2-1

Race 4: 1 mile on turf 40k claiming
    The start of the pick 6 and it doesn't look easy. I honestly think any one of this can win it except the 4-Deputy Heat. To me, one mile turf is one that the horse must be bred for turf. With that note, I like the 7-Kozani, he is by Exchange Rate (out of Danzig). He broke his maiden on turf going a mile with a decent beyer of 77. His next race was against HomeRunKitten and he had no chance at 80K optional claiming. Now, with a layer off, and dropping to a more realistic level of 40K, I think he has a shot. Trainer Diodoro is good with +180 days layoff and with turf racing. I think at 6-1, he has a shot. The others of interest are the two inside horses. 1-Crux is trained by Ellis and always need to repect him on turf. And the 2-Tosheen who ran seond last out and 2nd off layoff. But I am hoping the 1 and 2 will go at it early and the 7 stalking at pounding them turning for home. If not, the 5 may have a shot a come 2nd or 3rd closing late. MY Pick: 7- Kozani ML 6-1

Race 5: 5.5f on synth 20k Maiden
    Don't like this race very much, If I have to pick, I will go with 10-Smokey's Legacy, dropping back to his initial class. 3-Eleven Zip, he has been closing late the last two starts with interest. And the 2-Dunne for Now which is dropping from MSW to Maiden, and Freeman has pretting numbers with that. My Pick: 10-Smokey's Legacy ML 5-2, 3-Eleven Zip ML 6-1, 2-Dunne for Now ML 8-1

Race 6: 6f on synth 23k Claiming
    This may be the hardest race to cap. I really don't an opinion on this race. May be the 7-Dynamo Dixie onle because he had past success at this distance and on this surface. My pick: none

Race 7: 6f MSW
    A few firsters and a few that had run before. Gonna go with 9-Fast Magoo, beyerwise has been solid for this level, and is probably ready to graduate, if not, I will take a first timer, the 7-No Comparison. Her works look good and Warren has decent numbers with first timers and it is 10-1. My pick: 9-Fast Magoo ML 5-2 and 7-No Comparison ML 10-1
    Race 8 and Race 9
    Running out of time, need to get back to work.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Del Mar at a closer look. Just want to give my inputs to today's race and hopefully get some feedback from you guys. I don't use pace figures and DRF Formulator (cuz I don't know how). I just use the old fashion DRF Classic PP and it is simply my two cents on todays races.

Race 1: 6.5f on synth 8K claiming
    Just looking at the ML, the players should be 3-Pursuitofparadise, 4-Acute, 5- J and S Express, 6-Courageousandbold. These low level claimers sometimes are tough to pick. A quick look at the form, the 5- J & S seems to stand out in terms of beryer figures. A closer look, we can see that she is not a winning machine, and at age 7, you wonder if her better days are behind, think that is one of the reason she keeps dropping in class. The 4-Acute stands out to me for a couple of reasons. I think Pedroza will sent her to the lead and play the catch me game. There isn't a ton of speed to her inside so I expect her to clear. Plus Pedroza is having a decent meet so far (albeit early), and he always ride hard for Kristin. The ML fav 3-Pursuitofparadise, I think may run into traffic problem. Plus, she was just claimed by Avila, why the lay off?? The 6-Courageousandbold just won her last start with a beyer of 60, I just don't think she is fast enough to repeat. My Pick: 4- Acute ML 4-1

Not a good start, hopefully I won't go 0-9 today...

mrginandtonic

OK, 0-2 so far..... better not tail guys... race is not racing the way that I picture it.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

How is the track playing

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9736

not the same to me....just seems different..i feel the horses are off a bit here ..that can be good or bad...if you understand what im saying

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

When does Gp start? We will have lots to choose fron ib a few months