cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Tom Durkin final message from the weekend

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Wow !

Thanks so much for that cutchemist42. It brought a tear to my eye but for a reason most would not understand or believe being as the track can be such a dog eat dog, seemingly fickle place most times.

It is no surprise that he would say something like that to you guys, the fans, that indeed make the game be able to be played.

I wish I had had the chance to thank all those familiar faces that I saw over the years.

Every now and then, I do go back and when I see some of them, I do take the time to say hello, but the important thing for all of you to remember is that a lot of people , including me, that spent so much of their life in that arena, really do appreciate you guys and girls that make up the "fans". That is certainly one reason that I have my thread and spend as much time as I do in it.
    Unfortunately, you rarely get to hear from the people within the game, you only hear from the management or press releases from heads of the game, and make no mistake, what would be and is said , would be night and day.

What Tom Durkin said is truly believed and felt by a lot of people within the game, myself included. I am sure glad that he had the opportunity to say it and I hope many of you will believe me when I say that his words support how many, many, trainers, jocks, jock agents, backstretch employees, vets, mutual clerks, parking lot attendants and racing office personnel, etc. really feel. Certainly, not all, but a majority, I promise you.

Well said Mr. Durkin. Well said.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Wow !

Thanks so much for that cutchemist42. It brought a tear to my eye but for a reason most would not understand or believe being as the track can be such a dog eat dog, seemingly fickle place most times.

It is no surprise that he would say something like that to you guys, the fans, that indeed make the game be able to be played.

I wish I had had the chance to thank all those familiar faces that I saw over the years.

Every now and then, I do go back and when I see some of them, I do take the time to say hello, but the important thing for all of you to remember is that a lot of people , including me, that spent so much of their life in that arena, really do appreciate you guys and girls that make up the "fans". That is certainly one reason that I have my thread and spend as much time as I do in it.
    Unfortunately, you rarely get to hear from the people within the game, you only hear from the management or press releases from heads of the game, and make no mistake, what would be and is said , would be night and day.

What Tom Durkin said is truly believed and felt by a lot of people within the game, myself included. I am sure glad that he had the opportunity to say it and I hope many of you will believe me when I say that his words support how many, many, trainers, jocks, jock agents, backstretch employees, vets, mutual clerks, parking lot attendants and racing office personnel, etc. really feel. Certainly, not all, but a majority, I promise you.

Well said Mr. Durkin. Well said.
    Dont know what else to say to that, great words str.

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

The most important saying that he said ,was thanking the horse player that bets thousands over the years !

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

No body will replace him !