TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Jan 20 - The Daily Breakdown

YTD 3-1 +2.50u
    NHL 2-0 +2.50u
    NBA 1-1 +0u

The Raptors never showed up last night, but we hit a nice juice dog with the Chicago Blackhawks scoring late against the Bruins to win it. **NO NBA PLAY TODAY** Nothing i like. One play for NHL! Best of luck!

St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg Jets // Jan 21
    Afternoon Tilt
    The St. Louis Blues (23-18-5) are visiting the Winnipeg Jets (21-23-4) in an exciting midday Central Division match-up between two teams fighting to achieve some form of consistency, as both teams find themselves with less than stellar record in their last 10 games (4-6 and 4-5-1, respectively)

Singing the Blues
    The Blues have gotten used to battling at the top of their conference in recent years. However, they have recently been plagued with goaltending woes and are struggling to find support between the pipes.
    If Anything, the Blues are probably rejoicing at the thought of heading into Winnipeg to turn things around. Since 2010, the Blues have found the key to success when playing on the road against the Jets (and Thrashers) and have skated circles around their opponent, reaching a record of 7-2 in their last 9 games.
    Laine and the Jets

The Winnipeg Jets are missing their young superstar and have been struggling to find the back of the net without him. Laine has been on the ice since his injury, but no timetable has been set for his return. The Jets will need to find a way to reproduce their last game’s performance yet again, as they managed to win 6-3 against a struggling Coyotes’ team. Pavelec has been called back for the first time in months and was thrown to the wolves right away. He battled hard in his return and managed to get the W.

The Final Breakdown
    The St. Louis Blues are an underdog for a second consecutive game after getting shellacked by the Washington Capitals 7-3 in their own barn. This could also be because they have chosen to go with Phoenix Copley as their starter. Copley will be making his NHL debut and taking over for a struggling Jake Allen. However, The Blues are 13-1-4 in their last 18 against the Jets…. 13-1-4…. After this many games, it isn’t a fluke. The Blues know how to push the Jets’ buttons.

Blues take this one.

St. Louis Blues ML (+125) 1u

Let's get it.
    Points Awarded:

Flea Hotel gave TheDB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

HoleCamels
    HoleCamels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

STL was my only side of the day until I saw they were started that rookie goalie. Passed instead

TheDB
    TheDB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Man, it really sucked to lose that one. The rookie goalie almost pushed me off it, but the kid has been pretty stellar in the AHL. Guess it didn't translate to the Big League. Honestly, can't complain. Pavelec stopped a franchise record 25 shots in the 2nd period alone. Blues outshot the Jets 37-29 and just couldn't find the back of the net. I still think we had the right side. Peg getting 3 of 5 on the power play didn't help either.

Anyway, we move on! Back tomorrow. Will have some NFL plays tomorrow as well.

HoleCamels
    HoleCamels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Yeah never expect any AHL goalie to step in and kill it. Same thing with MLB. Studs from AAA always usually get rocked in their debuts